Stealthy Ninja Bastards

Hello all you bastards!

This is a cross-guild squad with a single caveat:

> consistency

Check in, and check in often. Encourage your squadmates, and post about your own challenges. Here's what they suggest in building a successful squad.

Let's start by introducing ourselves and briefly summarizing our challenges. Also, let's all put down 1 thing we'd like to get out of the squad.

We're still missing a few dedicated squadmembers, so feel free to nominate any or add yourselves!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Yay! 

What would you define as appropriate consistency? Checking in daily or a few times a week? 

The thing I would like most from this squad is inspiration. I love being able to see how well other people do in different situations than mine. A big issue of mine that affects me almost daily is my ability to get sucked into my own world and getting lost in only what goes on in my life. Recently I realized how awesome I feel when I learn about others and how that decreases my anxiety overall. 

Since this is my second challenge, all of the fireworks that I experienced at the beginning of the first challenge have extinguished, so I am looking forward to this being a slow burn with an awesome finish.

Cheers to imagery! 

Yay! 

What would you define as appropriate consistency? Checking in daily or a few times a week? 

The thing I would like most from this squad is inspiration. I love being able to see how well other people do in different situations than mine. A big issue of mine that affects me almost daily is my ability to get sucked into my own world and getting lost in only what goes on in my life. Recently I realized how awesome I feel when I learn about others and how that decreases my anxiety overall. 

Since this is my second challenge, all of the fireworks that I experienced at the beginning of the first challenge have extinguished, so I am looking forward to this being a slow burn with an awesome finish.

Cheers to imagery! 

I don't think there's any set rule for consistency - check in as your schedule allows, be it daily or weekly! I know most of us who've signed up so far are daily/nearly-daily addicts, so I hope this thread will be flooded with both inspiration and obstacles! :)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Greetings you scurvey bastards! Yar-ha-harrrr. I'm not sure why... this feels like ninja pirate thread.

My goals this time around are creating great habits. That's it. Simples :)

From this group... I'd like us to be a proper little team. Check up on each other and keep each other accountable. I'd like you to be the first port of call when one of us needs inspiration or a pick-me-up. I'd also like us to - as the document suggest - hang out! It sounds like fun :)

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Greetings you scurvey bastards! Yar-ha-harrrr. I'm not sure why... this feels like ninja pirate thread.

From this group... I'd like us to be a proper little team. Check up on each other and keep each other accountable. I'd like you to be the first port of call when one of us needs inspiration or a pick-me-up. I'd also like us to - as the document suggest - hang out! It sounds like fun :)

That's because I made it. ;)

I think the hangouts is a great idea. (I've always wanted to try one.) We've got 2 more squadmembers to go, after which, if everyone is comfortable with the idea, I'll send out a scheduling poll.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Looks like Ninja is the perfect boyfriend!  Nothing wrong with being loud and accessorizing though. :D

My main goal is slimming down and toning up.  Seems like I've gotten into the habit of working out again so I want to continue with that and add some dietary changes.  What I'm looking for in the group is positive influences.  There's some saying like you're the product of the x people you associate with most often, and more people focused on diet, fitness, and positive thinking is a win.

Also not drinking soda is going to be really hard for me so if you want to share your favorite healthy beverage or throw virtual water bottles at me that's cool too.  

What are you thinking for a hang out? Facebook group might be fun too, if it's not too many places to check in.

Aerie - Level 4

Current Challenge

How about an actual hangout over video? I'm sure the numbers jump up even higher when you've 'met' your squad over webcam. Does everyone have access to one? Would be great to set one up during the first week to get to know each other.

I agree, I don't think the FB group is necessary, as it would duplicate a lot of the purposes already filled by this forum.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

This! Absolutely this! I've been doing variations of the 4-6 week challenge off and on for a few years (sometimes but not always fitness themed) and the people closest to me are clearly pretty burnt out on me talking about them. Having people as excited about it, and also struggling with it, is a huge help.

Looks like Ninja is the perfect boyfriend!  Nothing wrong with being loud and accessorizing though. :D

My main goal is slimming down and toning up.  Seems like I've gotten into the habit of working out again so I want to continue with that and add some dietary changes.  What I'm looking for in the group is positive influences.  There's some saying like you're the product of the x people you associate with most often, and more people focused on diet, fitness, and positive thinking is a win.

Also not drinking soda is going to be really hard for me so if you want to share your favorite healthy beverage or throw virtual water bottles at me that's cool too.  

What are you thinking for a hang out? Facebook group might be fun too, if it's not too many places to check in.

Okay, so call me crazy, but I tried something this morning that was amazing. I'm super into sweet drinks, but for an entirely different reason (suspected dehydration) this morning I added a splash of lemon and about a 1/2 teaspoon each of sugar and salt to my 1 liter water bottle. It took a little getting used to since it was obviously sour, but I found myself sad to refill it after lunch with just plain old water.

How about an actual hangout over video? I'm sure the numbers jump up even higher when you've 'met' your squad over webcam. Does everyone have access to one? Would be great to set one up during the first week to get to know each other.

I agree, I don't think the FB group is necessary, as it would duplicate a lot of the purposes already filled by this forum.

Are any of you guys on Google+? I know it's the joke that no one actually uses it, but from what I've heard their hangouts feature is really well done

MyFitnessPal

That sounds fun! I've never done it before... can't remember if my little laptop has webcam but I can borrow my husband's.  

Okay, so call me crazy, but I tried something this morning that was amazing. I'm super into sweet drinks, but for an entirely different reason (suspected dehydration) this morning I added a splash of lemon and about a 1/2 teaspoon each of sugar and salt to my 1 liter water bottle. It took a little getting used to since it was obviously sour, but I found myself sad to refill it after lunch with just plain old water.

Are any of you guys on Google+? I know it's the joke that no one actually uses it, but from what I've heard their hangouts feature is really well done

Adding salt sounds interesting - I'll give it a try.  I was thinking I'd be perfectly capable of trading soda for margaritas but I guess that wouldn't help my health much.   :nonchalance:   I think I have Google+ by default for using gmail but I've never actually posted anything to it.

I had a hot chocolate yesterday and lots of water.  

Have a great day everyone!

Aerie - Level 4

Current Challenge

greetings fellow Nerd-Ninjas, 2nd challenge adventurer here who totally lost my way on the last challenge so this time I'm throwing myself in full steam ahead.

Consistency shouldn't be an issue - I spend 9 ish hours online at work and usually am not more than arms reach from  some connected device. I also will do anything to not do work, so reading forums and posting is something I'm used to  :moon:

Now running off for lunch, but will check in this arvo on everyone's challenges

Oh  - and as for what I'd like from this group, I guess shits and giggles. I like to have fun more than anything, and am happiest when ribbing with mates

(I don't mean you all actually give me the shits, as while that would certainly help with the losing weight goal it's probably not a sustainable method of weightloss)

Scout - Lvl 1

MyFitnessPal

tumblr

weight

Hey everyone...

WELCOME!

So stoked to have you all here! With the addition of noileum and aisle4b, we've now got our 7!

I think hanging out for an hour on g+ would be great, we could go around and introduce ourselves, and then slide into the nerd talk. I know it would make me much more accountable to all of you if I was convinced you weren't a figure of my imagination! :) Speaking from personal past experience, the second week can be a real downer. I think we'll be motivated to start off strong, but we might need some extra love by the time week 2 rolls around.

I've created a doodle poll for next week to help facilitate the different time zones and schedules: http://doodle.com/2s5bhwy4fpfarsdi

1) Ensure your time zone is correct (doodle should auto-fill this for you, but to ensure it's correct, you'll see a time zone indicator on the right. You can manually adjust the time if it isn't accurate.

2) Add me so I have all of your profiles in advance: https://plus.google.com/110602191770173327592/

3) Please indicate a few different time slots that work best for you. If none do, let me know an alternative that does!

Here are some instructions on how to make a g+ profile if you don't have one already. (You can set the security settings high, just like on Facebook, if you don't want random people to find you): https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1355890?hl=en <-- let me know if you need any help, and I would be happy to walk you through!

If we can get this done by end of the week (Friday) then hopefully everyone should have enough notice!

rogaecia: technically, you should be able to run it on your data plan (as long as you have enough data!). But in my opinion having wifi is a good backup just in case. Make sure you have headphones if you're somewhere loud. :)

aisle4b: I've never tried the hangouts feature, but I hear the same thing. I'm excited that I'll finally be able to fulfill a geeky dream with the rest of you! ;)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Buuut sicil.... We are all figments of your imagination *waves arms around mythically*

I can't believe in my excitable-ness of joining your group, how horrible the grammar is un my original post *shudders*. Apologies!

I also can't believe I'm not following this thread and as such, have missed out on hot hot pirate talk. Boo.

Thanks for organising this all - sounds brilliant - I don't have a webcam but its almost payday so pretty sure I can pick one up. Never used google+ but will set up this evening as requested :-) ta muchos!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

I'm in, but rushing too much to read everything.  Do we have room for one more?  One of my dearest friends has joined NF for her first challenge, and I'd love to include her in this.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Montecristo73 (love your monster thread) and friend of peggysr, you guys are in! But no more, hear! ;) please go up a few posts and fill out the poll and hangout details for next week. Let me know if you have any questions!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Hello, I am the friend of peggysr.  I promise to be useful and consistent.  Thank you for allowing me in! 

Welcome welcome! Thanks for being useful, it's a great trait to have! ;) Love your challenge goals, super SMART!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Psst! All right! We've got 3 responses so far! Thanks rogaecia, Aerie, and sabrinamari! Please be reminded to fill out the handy little poll and add me on Google Plus!

Hey everyone...

WELCOME!

So stoked to have you all here! With the addition of noileum and aisle4b, we've now got our 7!

I think hanging out for an hour on g+ would be great, we could go around and introduce ourselves, and then slide into the nerd talk. I know it would make me much more accountable to all of you if I was convinced you weren't a figure of my imagination! :) Speaking from personal past experience, the second week can be a real downer. I think we'll be motivated to start off strong, but we might need some extra love by the time week 2 rolls around.

I've created a doodle poll for next week to help facilitate the different time zones and schedules: http://doodle.com/2s5bhwy4fpfarsdi

1) Ensure your time zone is correct (doodle should auto-fill this for you, but to ensure it's correct, you'll see a time zone indicator on the right. You can manually adjust the time if it isn't accurate.

2) Add me so I have all of your profiles in advance: https://plus.google.com/110602191770173327592/

3) Please indicate a few different time slots that work best for you. If none do, let me know an alternative that does!

Here are some instructions on how to make a g+ profile if you don't have one already. (You can set the security settings high, just like on Facebook, if you don't want random people to find you): https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1355890?hl=en <-- let me know if you need any help, and I would be happy to walk you through!

If we can get this done by end of the week (Friday) then hopefully everyone should have enough notice!

rogaecia: technically, you should be able to run it on your data plan (as long as you have enough data!). But in my opinion having wifi is a good backup just in case. Make sure you have headphones if you're somewhere loud. :)

aisle4b: I've never tried the hangouts feature, but I hear the same thing. I'm excited that I'll finally be able to fulfill a geeky dream with the rest of you! ;)

Buuut sicil.... We are all figments of your imagination *waves arms around mythically* I can't believe in my excitable-ness of joining your group, how horrible the grammar is un my original post *shudders*. Apologies! I also can't believe I'm not following this thread and as such, have missed out on hot hot pirate talk. Boo. Thanks for organising this all - sounds brilliant - I don't have a webcam but its almost payday so pretty sure I can pick one up. Never used google+ but will set up this evening as requested :-) ta muchos! Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Hey Nephaisys, great to have you here! I'm so excited to have your great encouragement as we go along. Hmmm... are you sure your smartphone can't run google hangouts? Most can. Or most laptops these days come with webcams built in...? Just a thought to save you money! :)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Hey Nephaisys, great to have you here! I'm so excited to have your great encouragement as we go along. Hmmm... are you sure your smartphone can't run google hangouts? Most can. Or most laptops these days come with webcams built in...? Just a thought to save you money! :)

*Blushes*, bless you! Done the poll, well done for trying to make as UK friendly as possible! Though Any of the Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday sessions would be 3am - 4am (ish) in the UK! o_O

Thanks for the handy tips! My Android can run google+ I'm sure but I'm trying to cut down on phone time! And I only have my dodgy work-laptop which - most definately doesn't have a webcam (in all seriousness, my CD drive keeps falling out too!)

Brief intro: 

I've worked in IT for most of my adult life, with a few years out for babies.  I'm a mother of 3 (13, 17 and 22 yo), happily married for 27 years.  This is my third challenge, and the longest sustained period of exercise in my entire life. 

Challenges:

I'm working on losing weight and getting fit, and expecting to take up to a year to lose all the weight I need to lose.

My goals for this challenge are focused on building and strengthening habits--working out, eating right, sleeping enough, and getting better at meditating.  A link to my challenge thread is in my sig.

Hope for This Group:

I'm hoping this group will help me build a network of strong, healthy people to encourage me to be strong and healthy.

Motivation:

I've been struggling to pin down my motivation, and I think I have it.  I don't want my fitness level and size to limit what I do anymore.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Motivation:

I don't want my fitness level and size to limit what I do anymore.

Very eloquent. Well done :)  

I have followed alll the instructions, but can't add photos to my G+, I can only think my work laptop doesn't allow uploads for security reasons. Will add you when I get home on Friday. :)

Sicil; it may only be day 3, but you lead a kick-ass team.

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumped.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines