Stealthy Ninja Bastards

Woohoo! sabrinamari- I would love to chit chat with you, if you are interested? 

I am located in Pacific Standard Time- US West Coast. 

I like e-mailing, text, phoning, FB'ing--- e-mailing is by far the best because I am at work Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM and am on the computer all of that time. 

Hurray! rogaecia has thrown down the gauntlet!

By the way I know you guys are in differing time zones but you gotta try to have at least one skype/phone chat with sabrinamari... she is amazing! Did you know she used to have her own fitness consultancy? And that she's really into lifting heavy things? Yes! These are some of the reasons why! :)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Hurray! rogaecia has thrown down the gauntlet!

By the way I know you guys are in differing time zones but you gotta try to have at least one skype/phone chat with sabrinamari... she is amazing! Did you know she used to have her own fitness consultancy? And that she's really into lifting heavy things? Yes! These are some of the reasons why! :)

This I did not know! Super awesome :D

Peggy, I am so glad to see you back here!  Big hug...happy bouncing...No worries. All is well.

sicil, I love this idea and the structure you have given it.  Thank you!  And I should clarify...while I was a gym rat for many years, my mentorships were always informal.  No one actually paid me for my advice.  : )  I'm a coach, but I only get paid for coaching writers.  I only coached fitness informally, with friends.  :redface-new:  Thank you for your lovely positive support.

rogaecia, i would love to partner up. Email works well for me, but I would also like to mix in text and a phone call if you have time.  Can you message me your schedule?  Ah, I will message you my contacts as suggested.

Shine shine shine!

Sicil - brilliant idea! This is such an awesome community :-) I barely know anyone - I can't wait to talk to everyone - but it does feel like picking one friend for lab without hurting the other six! Haha!

I'd like to pair up with aisle4b if possible; we have similar goals and I think in a relatively same place as each other. Plus your thread is a constant source of inspiration. I'm GMT but keep kinda weird hours, so happy to flex my schedule. Telephone probably isn't realistic - but happy for Skype (or some other fancy web-based camera service), facebook, or whatsapp. Can't wait! :-D

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Sound like a great idea that Sicil

I am about to head into an induction at my work Gym, wish me luck :-)

Plan is that I'm more likely to go when doing so takes me away from work (rather than takes me away from my family\spare time)

Only time will tell if this works but plan is to do at least 2 of my 3 weekly workouts in the work gym.

Don't really know anyone that well in the group yet, so happy to pair up with whomever

Scout - Lvl 1

MyFitnessPal

tumblr

weight

Sicil - brilliant idea! This is such an awesome community :-) I barely know anyone - I can't wait to talk to everyone - but it does feel like picking one friend for lab without hurting the other six! Haha!

I'd like to pair up with aisle4b if possible; we have similar goals and I think in a relatively same place as each other. Plus your thread is a constant source of inspiration. I'm GMT but keep kinda weird hours, so happy to flex my schedule. Telephone probably isn't realistic - but happy for Skype (or some other fancy web-based camera service), facebook, or whatsapp. Can't wait! :-D

Consider yourselves matched! :)

Don't really know anyone that well in the group yet, so happy to pair up with whomever

That's the whole point of this little exercise! ;) Since you don't have a preference, I'm going to pair you up with peggysr. I think you guys would work well together. Plus, I believe she's on Eastern Standard Time, so hopefully your schedules will be easier to line up.

I'll leave it up to you guys to get in touch! Perhaps suggest a few methods of getting in touch-- email, skype, phone, etc?

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

I'm so behind on my replies. Woops! This whole 'no internet' thing is really working ;-)

My Jedi council - fully aware we've moved on from this.

You guys. And LegoLady45. If I could tag that gal in here, I would. And all those brilliant people who aren't in our lil' gang. Aw hell, the whole community rocks the socks.

My other half. He's gorgeous. Like... seriously. Well out of my league (haha!) and into his martial arts. Wrestling with him (mind out the gutter, people) is always inspirational, he's rediculously good at what he does.

FitBit community / leaderboard. There's something satisfying about competing in terms of distance walked.

My mum - who's always on hand to give advice. She's always concerned I'm loosing too much weight (I have a history of eating disorders, though you wouldn't think to look at my sillohuette lately - haha!) Her advice is always balanced, but I have to continue assuring her, topping the scales at 240 lbs and loosing between 1 - 2lbs a week is a) not too quickly and B) is probably the healthiest I've ever been.

In terms of my first week... it was mixed.

I did really, really well with my walking. I walked about 35 miles all told last week (that's, what... about 65kms for my transatlantic buddies). I made a horrible mistake (repeatedly!) of eating lots of biscuits and cake, and put on - ashamedly - about 4lbs. Yes. It is possible to eat that many biscuits. Luckily, I only go to that venue once a month. I'm now back to the original weight as when I started this challenge. It's taken a good... 6 days to work off 5-6 days of weakness. Totally not worth it.

I'm getting better at learning to feel hungry. It's ok to be hungry now, and I don't have to satisfy that urge immediately.

My weight routines simply didn't work. I learnt a fair amount about my planning skills last week. I had it rigid in my head - running on Saturday and Sunday, weights on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Monday would slip by and nothing. Damn. Wednesday would slip by. Double damn! It only struck me last week I was too rigid with my planning. For those unfamiliar with my routine, I wake up anywhere between 4am and 8am, go to work, anywhere between Scotland and Southampton, get home any time between 6pm and 10pm. This changes daily, has no set pattern, and I often only know a week in advance. Being so rigid with my planning was doing me harm... so this week I'm being more flexible with myself, and dedicating time I know I will be home.

Finally, my hording. My bedroom is pretty much sorted.

Overall - some goods, some bads... but that's life!

Can't wait for the G+ hang out - last night sounded awesome!

Thanks for sharing your Jedi Council.  I hadn't moved on yet!

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Noileum, I'm in the Eastern Time zone, and the best ways to reach me are email and phone.  I can also do Google chat or NerdFitness private messaging if that's better for you.

I'll have to think a while to come up with a habit to focus on.....

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Awesome! I'm excited for this - no, seriously, I was reading this thread on my lunch and hopped on a computer just to tell you guys that this group really inspires me and keeps me on track.

Nephaisys, I'll message you my email/skype/good times to talk, etc :)

MyFitnessPal

Yay! Don't worry, you won't be hurting anyone - we'll hopefully all have a chance to meet each other by the end of the challenge. Just be patient. :)

Awesome! I'm excited for this - no, seriously, I was reading this thread on my lunch and hopped on a computer just to tell you guys that this group really inspires me and keeps me on track.

Nephaisys, I'll message you my email/skype/good times to talk, etc :)

Nice! I'm glad you're excited! I'm excited for you, too! :D

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

I will chat with whoever if anyone else needs a partner.  Hope this second week has been going well for you all.  Excited for Friday! :)

*raises hand* Skype or Hangouts again? I feel like I'm cheating against my own rules as we know each other semi-well... we'll branch out and meet a stranger next week!

I haven't heard from montecristo73 yet, but as we have an odd number one of the groups will have to have 3 peeps.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Hurray! We're mostly paired up! montecristo73, when you check in, feel free to join one of the existing pairs.

Thanks so much everyone for being so patient throughout this whole process. I'm confident that we're getting closer to a solution that works for all of us. Here's to an uber-strong, kick-ass group of accountable rebels!

Here are the groups for the 1st Mini Challenge:

rogaecia - sabrinamari

Nephaisys - aisle4b

Noileum - peggysr

Aerie - sicil

As it was a few threads back, here's a refresher on what you're going to do now.

A reminder of the dates:

Mini-challenge 1 results (needs to be written by each partner): Saturday August 17 @ 5pm PST

If this goes well, I'll be posting Mini-challenge 2 Wednesday August 14. Suggestions on what the next one should look like more than welcome!

All right gang, get to it! Make those strangers into cuddly new friends!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Should we post part 2 to the group as well or just with our partner. This is such an awesome exercise, Sicil!

Great question! Feel free to post Part 2 (your habit or obstacle) to your personal challenge threads if it helps you think out loud. I believe it will still be important to connect with your partner on a 1-to-1 level, as it'll allow for some questions and (gentle) probing. Your partner, using their immense powers of active listening, will first summarize your habit for context before they give their findings. That way, the whole squad can jump in with feedback, and hopefully we can all better understand these habits beyond the surface level.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

A reminder of the dates:

Mini-challenge 1 results (needs to be written by each partner): Saturday August 17 @ 5pm PST

Wow, I must be more tired than I thought. Every time I read that, I thought that was THIS Saturday, as in today, and was wondering how I was going to manage to write this up before I leave for the night. I'm glad I have another week!

MyFitnessPal

*raises hand* Skype or Hangouts again? I feel like I'm cheating against my own rules as we know each other semi-well... we'll branch out and meet a stranger next week!

I haven't heard from montecristo73 yet, but as we have an odd number one of the groups will have to have 3 peeps.

I think since neither of us had issues with Hangouts that'd be good? I don't have Skype installed so I'd have to get that set up.  You know most of us so don't feel too bad about the cheat ;)

Love the idea of researching for each other.  It'll be cool to see what everyone comes up with!

Aerie - Level 4

Current Challenge

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is off to a great start to week #3. What do you guys think of the new mini-challenge? 

I just received a newsletter from the Spartan race for baked potatoes and vegetables that includes parnips (gross) and beets (yum) I was thinking about making that for the second part of the week. I am not that into parsnips and am thinking I could count that as 2 points and I love beets, I just have never cooked them. I would count the beets as 1 point. I was also thinking about making beef liver. I've had liver before and I like it, but I don't think I have ever cooked it myself. My mom was usually the person that cooked growing up. SO MUCH TO EAT :) 

aisle4b - I'm glad you figured it out and that it didn't stress you out overly much! Yes, I definitely wanted to give everyone ample time to both connect with their partners and do some digging. :)

Aerie - I'll message you back my availability! :D

noileum - how did the gym induction go? more motivated now that you're not taking time away from family?

Me, I'm recovering from a hangover. It's been a very full weekend of weddings. I guess it's the season. I regret nothing, but looking forward to getting back to normal. Err, maybe tomorrow.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Wanted to share something helpful I discovered today... I've read some articles on habits and rituals and one study in particular I found interesting showed that the way you eat something adds to your enjoyment.  An example it gave was if you always add a sugar packet to your coffee, taste it, add another sugar packet... you get more enjoyment out of it from following that ritual than if you just add 2 sugar packets to begin with.  I didn't think anything else of it at the time, but just by chance today I grabbed a straw with my water at lunch and I noticed I got a LOT more enjoyment out of drinking it that way... right down to the slurping sound when there's nothing but ice left.  :) When I drink soda it is usually in a cup with ice and a straw.. either from fast food or at a restaurant, but when I order water I usually just sip it out of the cup (up until now!)  Do you guys have any "rituals" with habits you are trying to break that you could transfer to new habits?

Aerie - Level 4

Current Challenge

Great comment, Aerie! I've been over a month without caffeine (gave in today and had a cup because it was crucial to basic functioning) and I've been successful because I bring a portable tea mug everywhere I go. I even splurged on a nice one from my local tea store (iced tea for $1 with the cup), but most of the time I make my own iced tea at work. It's going through the same ritual as preparing coffee, but subbing something else. I haven't gotten super bad cravings (yet).

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Hurray! We're mostly paired up! montecristo73, when you check in, feel free to join one of the existing pairs.

Thanks for not forgetting about me. :)

As some of you probably know, I was injured on my chest one week before the beginning of the challenge and I've been in recovery for the past 3 weeks. The details are on my thread if anyone is curious as to what happened. (There is even some drama, so be sure to bring your pop corn.)

The pain began to go away last Friday and I plan to go back to the gym on Wednesday to see how my body responds to the workout.

I do not want to force myself on any pairs that have already formed, so if anyone is willing to welcome me for the challenge, please let me know and I'll get started.

Level 3 Winged Humanoid Warrior/Monk Hybrid 

12 STR | 5 DEX | 13 STA | 5 CON | 5.25 WIS | 3 CHA

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Current Challenge

Thanks for not forgetting about me. :)

As some of you probably know, I was injured on my chest one week before the beginning of the challenge and I've been in recovery for the past 3 weeks. The details are on my thread if anyone is curious as to what happened. (There is even some drama, so be sure to bring your pop corn.)

The pain began to go away last Friday and I plan to go back to the gym on Wednesday to see how my body responds to the workout.

I do not want to force myself on any pairs that have already formed, so if anyone is willing to welcome me for the challenge, please let me know and I'll get started.

My goodness! That's quite the epic story, and I want to hear it! As it's quite late in the week, it might be good for you to come on for the next mini-challenge. We'll be switching partners, so everything will start off fresh.

So let's partner up! I can be reached via skype or google hangouts, and I'm on Pacific Standard Time (PST). I'll private message you and see how our schedules align!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Hi all! Hope all of your partnering has been going well, and we're making progress on those habits/obstacles. I'm here to talk about something else today - next week's mini-challenge partners! It sounds like we're all liking the new format (at least, no one has complained to me yet) so I take this as a good sign to continue.

Not to worry - your deadline for submitting this week's Research portion is Saturday. What follows is setup so that we're all coordinated for next week and not scrambling for partners. Because that wouldn't be very ninja-like. Mini-challenge specifics to come Sunday!

> Stealthy Ninja Bastards Partner Pairing, Round 2

You know the rule - pick someone who you haven't been paired with, and preferably someone you don't know very well yet. Here's a refresher if you need one:

1) Determine the squad member you feel like you know the least in this group
If you have more than one person in mind, not to worry - pick one and save the rest for the remaining weeks!

2) As soon as you know who that person is, post their name down in this forum, as well as a few other details...
Thus, if your 'first' is taken, then pick another name. Quickest commentator wins the draw! :D

The other details that need to be in the post:
  • Your local time zone. Absolute must for coordinating schedules!
  • The 'how' - do you prefer a Skype date? Do you like just talking on the phone instead? Do you like emailing or FB messaging? List a few modes methods that you're comfortable with, but limit it to 3 modes of communication. (This is because so many people were having problems with Google Hangouts. Still a great platform, but make sure your partner is comfortable with it too!)
  • If you have any personal information you're exchanging, such as phone numbers or emails, make sure to do so via the private messaging functions on this forum. Don't share this information publicly! (Everyone is probably looking at me by now and saying, "Well, duh...")

I will be updating the bottom of this post as peeps are paired up. (Remember, due to our odd numbers, there will be one group of 3. This is not weird and absolutely awesome! If you find yourself last then feel free to crash-bomb one of the pairings.)

Available:

sabrinamari
Noileum
Aerie

Week 2 Pairings:
sicil - montecristo73

rogaecia - aisle4b

peggysr - Nephaisys

sabrinamari - Aerie

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin