• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Redhead-Redemption

Redhead-Redemption Tries To Get It Together

I'm really bad at these challenges.

It's a proven fact.

This may be my third or fourth attempt at one.

But if you fall down, you need to get back up eventually, right?

So here we go again!

Main Goal: Buy a new dress for a fancy wedding, preferably a size 14 or smaller.

I have a family friend getting married on September 15th, and it's a very fancy wedding. I'm in dire need of a new dress for the occasion, but I hate dress shopping lately. I've put on a lot of weight over the past couple months due to a crazy work schedule and a struggle with depression. I want to get it together and start feeling good about myself again.

I'm tired of hearing things like, "That dress works well for your body." or "She looks good for a big girl." I just want to feel beautiful without any modifiers.

Mission #1. Cut the soda.

I've done this a couple times in my life, and it's never NOT been a good idea. Let's do that again.

Mission #2. Cut back on the fried food.

I'm a poor college student living without a meal plan. Cheap fried food has been a blessing, but mostly a curse. It's time to cut back. I'm on campus until August 11th, then I move into a house off campus on the 25th. From now until the 25th is going to be difficult food wise, but I want to hold back and only get fried food once a week at the most.

Mission #3. Work it out twice a week.

I'm lazy. I don't want to go to the gym, or go for a run, or do any bodyweight work outs. But I need to try. Hopefully I can manage twice a week.

Side Quest: Go out on a date. Have a good time.

I've been dealing with a breakup rather poorly. It happened a couple months ago, but lately it's been bothering me more than ever. I think it would be healthy for me to get out and try to move on. It could be fun! And besides, even bad dates make for good stories. ;D

Great goals :)  Hey, cutting back on the soda will give you a little extra money ;)  Good thing with body weight workouts is that they can be done anywhere.  Even if you don't feel like it, you can quickly take a few minutes to run through a few.  Quickly do some squats or whatever :)

Good luck this challenge!

You've got some great goals! I too didn't do very well on my first challenge but I am planning to do much better this time around. 

The soda thing is tough to kick but I did it and am so proud! There are several zero calorie drinks like Sobe life water or Vitamin water zero that helped me drink something besides water when I wasn't feeling it. Both of these are often on sale at Target for a buck a bottle so that's something to keep in mind. 

I totally hear you on the fried food. I was in college only a couple years ago and the french fries and pizza were so easy to grab. I've started a habit of having a bountiful salad as a main course with some protein on the side. It's not always easy to get there but once I found a dressing I liked it was so much easier. If you would like some tips or ideas please don't hesitate! 

I had a huge problem with working out, I still do. My goal is twice a week as well, once attending a class and the other running. I think the twice a week is a great goal because it's manageable and can be worked into almost any schedule. I like to do bodyweight workouts at home too. If you're looking for something quick and intense try bodyrock.tv (it's crazy but so fun). I also like Tara Stiles yoga because her videos are quick, get you to move and are a good relaxing workout compared to the HITT that bodyrock is. There's also some great apps and other videos I'm sure. 

Have a great time on your date! Even if it's getting out with friends and trying to move past your breakup it's better than dwelling on it. You seem to have already learned from it and that's great, I hope you enjoy yourself and kick butt with this challenge.

Your goals are awesome!

I am also working on losing some weight and cutting back on soda. I also have suffered with depression and it sucks. This is the best thing for it though....a group of people who support you and pick you up when you fall.

One of my goals is to do the angry birds workout.. that way it feels like a game and not working out.

as far as dating goes...I hope I dont come off as rude...but,you shouldnt need someone else to validate you. I agree with j_addict just getting out and havign fun being you is an excellent way to move past a breakup....if a guy or girl? (didnt see a gender preference anywhere) finds you being you attractive then it is all for the better.

I will be following you and encouraging you on this quest! Have fun and be awesome!

Great goals :)  Hey, cutting back on the soda will give you a little extra money ;)  Good thing with body weight workouts is that they can be done anywhere.  Even if you don't feel like it, you can quickly take a few minutes to run through a few.  Quickly do some squats or whatever :)

Good luck this challenge!

Thanks so much! And yeah, having that extra bit of cash wouldn't be too bad :)

And that's a really good idea. I think it's important for me to remember that even if I don't do a full workout, something is better than nothing!

You've got some great goals! I too didn't do very well on my first challenge but I am planning to do much better this time around. 

The soda thing is tough to kick but I did it and am so proud! There are several zero calorie drinks like Sobe life water or Vitamin water zero that helped me drink something besides water when I wasn't feeling it. Both of these are often on sale at Target for a buck a bottle so that's something to keep in mind. 

I totally hear you on the fried food. I was in college only a couple years ago and the french fries and pizza were so easy to grab. I've started a habit of having a bountiful salad as a main course with some protein on the side. It's not always easy to get there but once I found a dressing I liked it was so much easier. If you would like some tips or ideas please don't hesitate! 

I had a huge problem with working out, I still do. My goal is twice a week as well, once attending a class and the other running. I think the twice a week is a great goal because it's manageable and can be worked into almost any schedule. I like to do bodyweight workouts at home too. If you're looking for something quick and intense try bodyrock.tv (it's crazy but so fun). I also like Tara Stiles yoga because her videos are quick, get you to move and are a good relaxing workout compared to the HITT that bodyrock is. There's also some great apps and other videos I'm sure. 

Have a great time on your date! Even if it's getting out with friends and trying to move past your breakup it's better than dwelling on it. You seem to have already learned from it and that's great, I hope you enjoy yourself and kick butt with this challenge.

Thank you so much! I totally might take you up on those eating tips! ;D

I'll have to look into those yoga videos! I've never done yoga before, but I've always wanted to try!

And yeah, I've definitely been spending a lot of time with friends, and it's been helping a lot! :D

Thanks so much for your support! <3

Your goals are awesome!

I am also working on losing some weight and cutting back on soda. I also have suffered with depression and it sucks. This is the best thing for it though....a group of people who support you and pick you up when you fall.

One of my goals is to do the angry birds workout.. that way it feels like a game and not working out.

as far as dating goes...I hope I dont come off as rude...but,you shouldnt need someone else to validate you. I agree with j_addict just getting out and havign fun being you is an excellent way to move past a breakup....if a guy or girl? (didnt see a gender preference anywhere) finds you being you attractive then it is all for the better.

I will be following you and encouraging you on this quest! Have fun and be awesome!

I totally agree that a group of friends is the best thing for depression. I've been really blessed to have some wonderful people helping my out along the way.

And in terms of dating, I really appreciate what you said about not needing someone to validate you. I totally agree with that. I guess what I've been missing the most is the companionship aspect of a relationship. I really miss just having that one person to go through it all with, not necessarily having someone who thinks I'm attractive. My biggest problem lately has been fearing that I won't find another guy (and thanks for not assuming! :D ) who I can connect with like I did before. I know it's an irrational fear, and avoiding dating (which I've been doing, hardcore) isn't really going to help. So instead of actively avoiding certain situations, I want to let them happen as they will :)

Thank you so much for your support! Look forward to hearing more from you! :D

Good luck!! Don't lose hope, I failed my 1st 2 challenges and am doing my third. 

Thanks so much! I know it can be hard to stick with things, but trying is better than nothing! :)

Best of luck to you as well!

I totally agree that a group of friends is the best thing for depression. I've been really blessed to have some wonderful people helping my out along the way.

And in terms of dating, I really appreciate what you said about not needing someone to validate you. I totally agree with that. I guess what I've been missing the most is the companionship aspect of a relationship. I really miss just having that one person to go through it all with, not necessarily having someone who thinks I'm attractive. My biggest problem lately has been fearing that I won't find another guy (and thanks for not assuming! :D ) who I can connect with like I did before. I know it's an irrational fear, and avoiding dating (which I've been doing, hardcore) isn't really going to help. So instead of actively avoiding certain situations, I want to let them happen as they will :)

Thank you so much for your support! Look forward to hearing more from you! :D

you dont need to connect like ya did before.. you need someone better. You will find someone. You are a gorgeous red head. You are obviously intelligent and smart enough to know what you want to change.  We are gonna work on your self esteem. Bam! total package! You will have your pick of men. So, let's get going on our goals and make your life awesome!

Welcome back and good luck on your goals! Everything above sounds like very sound advice.  Maybe the savings on cutting off the soda will help pay for better food?  I cut off sweeted ice tea drinks and the unsweeted ones that had sodium in there to either just water or pure ice tea drinks and I have saved some cash there which is now being used for fresh produce and better cuts of meat.  

One thing I have done to help with keeping active is taking the long, less direct route when out and about.  Also, taking stairs anytime I could have taken elevator or escalator...and even on the stairs going up them quickly instead of normal pace.

As for the dating thing, getting back out there is a good idea once you are ready for it, even if just for the experience and hopefully confidence booster. I had and am still dealing with getting over someone, and I found when I was ready and started trying to date again, I cared about more what I looked like and eating/working out habits, so I was able to loose some of the additional weight gained when I using eating as a coping mechanism for being depressed.   And I agree with lamatt122, you'll find someone! 

also.....wanan help me out? how do you put links in your signature and put words over it that arent the link? I am evidently not that kinda nerd.

For creating a hyperlink, type out what the word(s) you want to show, highlight it, then select the "Link" icon above - looks like a chain link with a green/white plus symbol.  Copy and paste your URL address and hit OK.  BAM - handy dandy hyper link :)  

You are so welcome! 

I was totally new to yoga when I first started doing the videos on Tara Stiles youtube channel. I had been doing Blogilates which is another great at home workout and she's super high energy and even plans a month's worth of workouts if that's your thing. The yoga is fun for me because I just listen and do and that's it. Blogilates is a bit intense and sometimes painful because she targets one muscle region at a time in lots of videos, and the full body yoga is more for me. 

hey welcome back ! you kinda disappeared towards the end in the last challenge...I was wondering what happened ..but annyways - here you are nice and new and working for a better tomorrow

I like the specificity of your goals ..and I tots agree with lamatt122's thoughts on the dating matter. No need to worry about others, just be the best version of you you can be :)

Knock em outta the park !

Good luck with your goals, they look really good. I am sorry to hear about your depressions. I've been having a rough time with depression as well this last year as  so though I don't know exactly how you feel I can sympathise and I hope your challenge can help you!

If you get bored with what you are doing with your workout, I'd suggest to change it up, take a class or go for a long walk somewhere you like to be, don't let it bog you down, we have got your back :) I know in the past I've failed from having too much of a set routine.

Hello redhead- I agree with- I just want to feel beautiful without any modifiers. 

Hell yeah to that! 

What is your starting size? 

Best of luck with your food journey as well! 

Hello friends!

Sorry for the lack of posting. The past week has been beyond ridiculously busy.

Unfortunately, I haven't done too well on my goals this week.

I've cut down to about one soda a day, which is definitely an improvement from where I was!

And I have done alright in terms of fried food.

I mean, I haven't exactly been eating healthy food, but most of it hasn't touched a frier, so that's a start.

However, I haven't really worked out at all. So that's super lame.

I'm having trouble making it a priority.

When I get home at the end of the day, I just want to go to bed and wake up when it's time to go back to work.

After this Sunday, I'll be in the clear schedule wise (at least for a few days).

I'm hoping I can make it through this week and get some rest.

Maybe once I have a minute to breathe, I'll have the energy to work out.

Right now, all I want to do is sleep.

This week, a friend that moved to Texas 2ish years ago is coming up to visit me in Boston.

I'm ecstatic. :)

I'm trying to find a way to balance my three jobs and spend time with her, so that will be tricky.

Also, I need to move out of the dorm I'm living in while she is here, so that's going to be a party....lol

But I'm excited to get out of the dorms and spend a week or two at my parents house before I move into a house on the North Shore!

Thanks for all the support, guys!

I'm hoping this week will be a bit better in terms of my goals.

And hopefully I can post a bit more too!

<3

Hey Redhead! Sounds like you've been doing a good job, well done on cutting your soda down and not frying as much food! Small steps, you will get there. We have red head powers after all! I really love you name still, it's great!

Great progress, you've got to start somewhere and see how it feels and I think you're doing that. At least you know where you need to do more work, like working out, and that's great. You're learning and as long as you're enjoying too that's all that matters. 

For creating a hyperlink, type out what the word(s) you want to show, highlight it, then select the "Link" icon above - looks like a chain link with a green/white plus symbol.  Copy and paste your URL address and hit OK.  BAM - handy dandy hyper link :)

Thanks....gonna go do that now! Now I am that kinda nerd YAY!!!