I don't know if its really a breezeway or if we should call it a 3 seasons room. Right now its pretty much just the connection between our house and garage and is full of junk that hasn't been properly stored/unpacked. That room will be my biggest challenge getting clean I think. I like the 3 point idea each week to give more opportunity for people to get points even if not every part of their challenge is going perfectly.

Wollio

Lvl 3 Human Warlock Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 3 CON 6 WIS 2 CHA 5

"Happiness is anyone and anything at all

That’s loved by you."

-You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Battle of the Willpower Wastelands (Current Challenge)

The Need for Speed (Ch 2)

Strength for the Journey Ahead (Ch 1)

Countdown to an Epic Journey (Intro)

Follow the Horizon (personal blog)

I like the idea of the 3 point vote! It's a good way for people to be recognized for their hard work in challenges and in helping to keep in contact with the rest of us, give us inspiration or a good kick in the pants.

So I did my first new recipe of the week today. Banana smoothie. I'm not fond of bananas (think 8 year old girl, 4 year old brother who ate too many bananas in the back of a car on a summer day on a back road-traumatized for life). But I'm trying. True Silk unsweentened Almond milk, frozen mixed berries and 1/2 banana. Pretty good, maybe next week after payday I can get some protein powder to go in it as well.

Last few days I have tracked everything on MFP - workouts and food.

Workouts are getting tricky since I might have sprained my left ankle at soccer the other night. There is a lot of pain and swelling, and I can walk on it when it's in a stable shoe and hobble the rest of the time. So Cardio is out. Instead I've been working on upper body workouts that I don't really need my legs for. Pushups are being done from my knees, but I'm taking them deeper and slower to maximize working the muscle.

Newbie Human Ranger Level 1

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34543-how-sasx-gets-her-groove-back/

I do basically the same smoothie with a scoop of protein powder. It seems to help me power through the first bit of the morning with less blergh. Well done on keeping going even with an injury - that's really hard to stay motivated though.

Level 2 || Bespectacled Viking

STR 4.5 | DEX 2 | STA 3 CON 2 WIS 2.5 CHA 2 

Blawwwg

Challenge 2 - Dr. Who's Sidekicks

Challenge 1 - Dr. Who's Sidekicks

Mmmm that smoothie sounds delicious! I think I'll try the same thing but I have coconut milk and some frozen berries in the freezer I think... well if I have it know it's in the freezer for sure, haha! 

What else besides protein powder is good in smoothies? Do you think almond flour would be a good substitute for protein powder? 

P.S. has anyone heard from GirlIN or srkelly? They joined and I saw one message from GirlIN but otherwise radio silence... I sent them both a message this morning to see if they're still down otherwise I may need to hit the delete key :o 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

I usually drop some almond butter in my smoothies in addition to the protein powder. I know a lot of folks are pro-getting all your protein from food - I just can't seem to pull it off that early in the morning and still lift heavy stuff. When I first starting lifting I didn't really worry about it - I could do a banana on my way to the gym and hardboiled eggs right after and I would be good to go. Now that the amount of weight has been creeping up and the hiit cardio is getting a lot more intense I get nauseous without the added boost. Any one else run into that? 

Blawwwg

I'm attempting to make a google doc of my favourite recipes here, it's a work in progress and I don't like how google links to other tabs but everyone is welcome to contribute :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am_IH0w_yAxtdEp2V2pXcjJPOXZ1bkx3cWlfVjVJdWc&usp=sharing

I've only added two recipes but as we try stuff I'll add more!

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

I usually drop some almond butter in my smoothies in addition to the protein powder. I know a lot of folks are pro-getting all your protein from food - I just can't seem to pull it off that early in the morning and still lift heavy stuff. When I first starting lifting I didn't really worry about it - I could do a banana on my way to the gym and hardboiled eggs right after and I would be good to go. Now that the amount of weight has been creeping up and the hiit cardio is getting a lot more intense I get nauseous without the added boost. Any one else run into that? 

I don't think I've been going with this long enough to be at the same point as you, but I find mid afternoons hard. I ate at lunch and since lunch I've had snap peas, an apple, some sweet potatoes and cinnamon and I'm starving right now! What gives? 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Hey everyone! Sorry for the absence, work has been crazyness these past couple of days. I like the idea of the 3 votes a week as another great way to motivate people through positive reinforcement! I've been eating better these past couple of days than I did Tuesday, and getting lots of cardio in at work. I work at a resort and picked up some housekeeping shifts. Let me tell ya, housekeeping is a seriously physical job holy moley!!!

I love the recipe sheet, I'll some later when I have some time :).

I added a few of my favorites, but I can remove them again if you want to try them first! I just got so excited about sharing them that I didn't finish reading your post before I clicked the link and went nuts adding. :tongue:

That's totally cool! I've added some recipes I haven't tried because I figured this was handier for actually making recipes instead of printing them out and putting them in my lunch pail then putting them on the counter to get food spilled on them and make them unreadable and never making them! Instead when I want to make something it's now accessible from my tablet :D 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

I don't think I've been going with this long enough to be at the same point as you, but I find mid afternoons hard. I ate at lunch and since lunch I've had snap peas, an apple, some sweet potatoes and cinnamon and I'm starving right now! What gives?

It could just be adjustment. Maybe try adding almonds or a hard boiled egg? They will burn a little slower than the veg and you might feel full longer.

Blawwwg

Ahh. So this is what I am talking about. My two best friends have been discussing doing a bike race in Boston (Hub on Wheels) and were talking about how it will be awesome and such, alas I didn't get the invitation until I asked what they were talking about. I have done some long-ish bike rides, maybe 25 miles or so, and this one is only 30. I feel like if I went out at least once a week to do a long trip, I could be ready in two months to do the 30 miles. Last week I did around 15 miles twice and use my bike to commute daily, weather permitting. I know they aren't doing it intentionally, but argh! End vent.

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

It could just be adjustment. Maybe try adding almonds or a hard boiled egg? They will burn a little slower than the veg and you might feel full longer.

This. A little more protein will definitely help you stay fuller longer. Although, I did notice when I first started eating paleo that I would be HUNGRY all the time. I think it has to do with your body using fat to run rather than carbs...or something. Plus, it's hard to adjust to a diet where you eat more than you did before...at least that was my experience with it. YMMV. I hope it gets better for you, soon.

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

Ahh. So this is what I am talking about. My two best friends have been discussing doing a bike race in Boston (Hub on Wheels) and were talking about how it will be awesome and such, alas I didn't get the invitation until I asked what they were talking about. I have done some long-ish bike rides, maybe 25 miles or so, and this one is only 30. I feel like if I went out at least once a week to do a long trip, I could be ready in two months to do the 30 miles. Last week I did around 15 miles twice and use my bike to commute daily, weather permitting. I know they aren't doing it intentionally, but argh! End vent.

Do the race and smoke them both! That'll learn them to leave you out of something like this that you would enjoy  :playful:

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

Holy crap you spammers! I missed almost all of the good discussion. I also think a 3 point system would be cool, since self goals are different that encouraging others and what not. See I already forgot the third point :P

For my smoothies, I normally do a vanilla yogurt base, not a lot just a 1/4 cup then fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple, and from there. I've made a pineapple, spinach, strawberry, orange smoothie WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I experiment with different fruits in my smoothies, and if I don't have fresh fruit I use frozen. 

Does anyone use pre/post work out supplements? I do sometimes, just not often.

Level 3 Fire Ranger

Strength: 4 Dexterity: 4 Stamina: 5 Constitution: 4 Wisdom: 6 Charisma: 4

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36822-fai-this-is-war/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39582-fai-this-is-war-round-two/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56286-fa-fing-my-negative-self-influence/(New challenge!)

"When you walk up to opportunities door, don't knock...kick that bitch in smile, and introduce yourself." -Dwayne Johnson

I take extra vitamin d and glucosamine on top of a high absorbency multivitamin, but other than the protein shake I don't really get fancy with the supplements. I do have a sad bottle of bcaas that I think I remembered once. What kind of supplements do you use when you do go for them?

Blawwwg

Dude! Seriously! You guys are the most active accountability-buddies EVAR!!! Way to be.

I like voting each week, and giving points for encouraging others as well as rocking your own goals...double the motivation to be involved and in the group.

Woolio, I'm glad the chicken was ok. I'm one of those food weenies that probably tosses out way too much food too.

Also, I love the sound of that smoothie -- sounds delicious.

I don't "supplement" before or after workouts, but I do make sure to get "recovery" drink or food after long runs (anything longer than an hour). I guess running vocab is different than body-building vocab. For me, its either chocolate milk or pancakes or some fruit. Yum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

dropped in my dinner recipe to the recipe sheet! it was very tasty, and non-paleo with the addition of some cheese  :rolleyes-new: sorry, all. just remove the cheese and it's perfect paleo though! working through some upper body only workouts. went to the chiropodist today and she told me that i'll need a brace for my ankle as kinesio tape isn't giving enough support to heal the damage I did to it. It's funny though, because it's fine all day until about 8pm and the BAM! bring on the pain and swelling. so frustrated that I can't do my kickboxing/HIIT cardio/Asylum/Plyo stuff. It's as fun as ST and it's intense enough to help me get out my stress. 

One thing I might have to add to my goals is to do 30 min + of yoga or stretching 3 nights per week. It's the one part of my program that I'm lacking in and I know better, but I don't do better.

Newbie Human Ranger Level 1

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34543-how-sasx-gets-her-groove-back/

I used cellucor watermelon pre-workout..also found out when eating just the powder it made my work outs super intense. As far as post work out, I don't really do that I just make sure that I eat/drink protein before my hour is up. If anyone doesn't know that's when your muscles are saying "GIVE ME THE PROTEIN!", I used to carry home made protein bars for when I would go to the gym since it's not a sure thing of getting home in an hour for me, though I burnt myself out on the one I was eating. 

Sasx, ankle supports are a good thing. From someone who has weak ankles it's nice to have the extra support sometimes, I also have a knee support brace too. 

Level 3 Fire Ranger

Strength: 4 Dexterity: 4 Stamina: 5 Constitution: 4 Wisdom: 6 Charisma: 4

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36822-fai-this-is-war/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39582-fai-this-is-war-round-two/

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56286-fa-fing-my-negative-self-influence/(New challenge!)

"When you walk up to opportunities door, don't knock...kick that bitch in smile, and introduce yourself." -Dwayne Johnson

Voting- Im up for it... Though if there are to be any mini challenges I happy to cheer but not participate sorry. Between work, gym, soccer Im pretty busy plus this month Im going away a few times! Its too much, overloading will just chuck me off the wagon ....

Shotgunsally.... Are you vegetarian? Justseeing you have no protein there! That will satisfy you, I couldn't last without protein regularly, :)

Supplements... I avoid using preworkout... I prefer to entirely wreck my body, only used it once in the last few months and that was because I doubled a night shift and day shift with only an 8hr break then had a soccer match and I needed it desperately!

I take WPI protein shakes because I can't physically eat enough, also the brand I take is virtually straight protein and no carbs or fat so it ups my protein nicely without messing with my other macros.

I also take a multivitamin, vitamin d and calcium, fish oil. Fish oil is a biggy!

Um sooo I will try to be as active as possible here, but during this challenge I'm away for holidays, away for a wedding and then away for army medicals and interviews. All of these events are 6hrs + travel time away!!

Also, my challenge sad unassisted pull-ups..... In my workout Wednesday I injured my rotator cuff. I'm just back from physio now I can't do anything upper body for 10days.

Way to ruin progress at the beginning!! Still trying for it though!!!

Good morning and happy Friday, everyone! Hope Thursday was a win for all of you, and that Friday makes Thursday look like it was just trying too hard. I'm heading to my in-laws' after work and moderately worried about the smoking situation. Going to pack extra patches and take some stuff to work out in, just in case I need to rage through at all. 

My knees are being fussy about squats with weight again, which is really depressing as I had worked my way up pretty well. Note to self, a break is not two months...

I feel pretty good about this week overall, especially the level of support and involvement here. You guys are awesome. 

ALSO, RELEVANT: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10217159/Doctor-Who-12th-Doctor-will-be-announced-on-Sunday.html

Blawwwg

Yay it's FRIDAY :) You're so right Ani about Thursday just trying too hard! 

I feel ya on the knees, my right knee is not so happy about the squats I've been doing :( and the jump rope.... hopefully having the next three days off and only really bicycling will give it the time out it deserves. Hahaha!

Also, I thought the new doctor was already announced? I recall reading a month or so back an article saying his name, or maybe that article was pure speculation? I didn't recognize the name anyways so this will be a whole new surprise! 

Oh, and for smoking this weekend, you should stock up on gum, rubber bands for your wrist, a stress ball (squeeze until it stops helping then throw it at the object of your... affection), also try to remember when you want a smoke that deep breaths of fresh air taste soooo much better than smoke! I wish I could help more but my only addiction is sex and coffee and I don't really think there's a need to give up either! Although I've heard alcoholics substitute booze with coffee maybe you could substitute cigarettes with.... something else! What else helps relieve stress? Oh oh, bring a jump rope! 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines