Tin Man's Do-Over Challenge

The Tin Man

Edit: Oh right Main Quest.  That thing.  Mine is:

Fix my IT band issues and get ready for the GoRuck I am signing up for in November in Atlanta with Laura, nightlight, bigm, cline, and hopefully others.

So, uh, last challenge went out the window.  I was traveling for 3.5 of the 6 weeks and that screwed everything all up.  So let's do that again!  And use lots of copy-paste to make my life easier!  New things are mostly highlighted in red.  Also new photos/gifs.

Race: Cyborg

Class: Ranger
Height: 5'8.5"
Weight: 170-175ish

To recap: After much reflection I realize I need to establish building blocks to awesome instead of just jumping to awesome.  Things I reflected upon and how they went:

-I need to do what I need to be happy.  Not what I think I should do. Still applies

-I need to see a physical therapist about my knee.  As afraid as I am about what I might hear. Update: saw awesome PT, now I have exercises to do

-I don’t sleep enough.  Still applies.  So much.

-I am quite immobile. Still applies

-I need to do more with my days. Still Applies

-I need to watch what I eat.  Still Applies

-I need to make new friends/strengthen new friendships. Still applies, but did stuff in the "strengthen" area in June by harassing nightlight in her natural environment   :D

So last time I commented on how there was no “I need to get stronger†or “I need to run faster/longer†in there.  The latter still applies but the former is back on the table thanks to PT.

My Goals: Sleep, mobilize, strengthen, plan.

SLEEP:

tumblr_m8buyu3JCz1qzl8vro1_250.gif

Sleep is number one priority.  It will be easier to find more time when I'm not just dragging through the day half-conscious.

Scoring (for each night of sleep):

7 to 7.5 hours: 1 point

7.5 to 8 hours: 2 points

8+ hours: 3 points

A: 84+ total

B: 63-83

C: 42-62

F: <42

MOBILIZE:

DAOZd.png

I have many mobility weak (and tender) points.  I am going to listen to KStar and get at least 15 minutes a day.  What counts: MWODs, BASL exercises, lacrosse ball, roller, yoga.  Not car buffer.  The aim is 15 minutes each and every day, but if I miss a day I can get half credit for doing an extra 15 another day.  PT also gave exercises (couch stretch, pigeonish pose) that will always be present.

A: 6+ days/week average

B: 5-6 days/week

C: 4-5 days/week

D: 3-4 days/week

F: <3 days/week

STRENGTHEN:

bench_glute_bridge_2.jpg AND JLJ0wId.jpg?2

Do PT strengthening exercises.  Also in here is that my PT wants me doing heavy squats and deadlifts, so I will be getting back on the 5/3/1 for beginners train.  Also PT wants me to run.  PT wants a lot out of me, apparently.  Is lift 3 times and run 3 times a week a week a stretch?  We'll see.  If I don't think it's reasonable I will talk with him.

A: 6+ days/week average

Plan:

plan-ahead.gif

This is back on.  Plan my days so I get stuff done.  I have too much of a habit of losing track of time either by looking at my phone, computer, or just lost in my own head.  If I plan out what I want to do I’m less likely to get lost in that cavernous space between my ears. 

A: Plan 6+ days/week average

So now that I look at that it's quite a lot when you add in all the physical therapy stuff.  

BRING IT ON.

After I get some shuteye.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

THERE you are!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

any thread with a pic of K Starr is a WINNER!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

any thread with a pic of K Starr is a WINNER!

Trooth.

Alright, Tin Man.  Bring it!!!!

Bringing it friend!  A side quest is to make it to November Project as well.  I should add that in there.

I'm in!

32677460.jpg

Terrifying/adorable.

Hey internet friend.  I mean friend.  I wonder how many rebels are sharing stories with Amy - it was kind of a worlds colliding moment when I saw your tweet. :)

:) It was weird for me that she retweeted it because I barely tweet anything.  Well there's at least me, you, and hearthsinger backing her (she's the one I was referring to as you probably saw yourself).  And I agree that it's weird when areas of the internet bleed into each other.  My worlds collide is when I found out my roommate knows her from college. 

Apropos of nothing...

Step 1) Watch Strip Search

Step 2) Back Amy's Kickstarter

Both of these things.  This goes for all of you.

tumblr_lnj2s28sf21qm00hqo1_500.gif

I am what I do.

Damn... you are on the GoRuck ATL train, as well, huh.  Starting to have some serious FOMO.  But, I just don't think the budget is going to allow for that one.

Something closer to home, I'd consider.  Let me know when you are going to hit NP.  I'm hitting the stairs again tomorrow morning.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Ack! How much sleeps did you get?

mumblemumble5.5-6hoursmumblemumble

Damn... you are on the GoRuck ATL train, as well, huh.  Starting to have some serious FOMO.  But, I just don't think the budget is going to allow for that one.

Something closer to home, I'd consider.  Let me know when you are going to hit NP.  I'm hitting the stairs again tomorrow morning.

That stinks but is understandable about Atlanta.  I probably should do it for money reasons but oh wells I already signed up.  I am scared.

And I will let you know when I'm going to NP.  It will be a stairs day.

I am what I do.

Okay people plan the thing in beantown.  I'm down for a challenge.  BUT it can't be too too cold because I actually have an allergy to cold (for reals) and I could end up w anaphlylaxis if I am in freezing cold water.  I don't want that or CPR.  Just sayin...

But I'll come to beantown. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Tuesday, July 30 (W1D2)

So, shocking no one, I feel better when I sleep better.

I didn't do exercisey things I should have but said "screw it I'm sleeping".  I am okay with this decision.

I'm still not 100% there, but I think a couple more nights of good sleep will do it.

Sleeps: 2 points (7.5-8 hours)

Mobilize: 0

Recover: 0

Plan: Yes.  Abandoned some of it in favor of sleep.

Let's have no more of this:

nQ50U.gif

I am what I do.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines