• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teros

Warhammer + Friends: Round 3 TerosX

OH MY GOD! It's been forever and I'm excited to start getting back to business.  Family showed up during the off-week and there was just garbage food after garbage food and more garbage food. My 'never eat again' list has expanded quite a bit.  It was a bad experience overall.  I've been detoxing so this week will still be a little rough but I am back and ready to do this!  I haven't given much thought about goals/challenges since the last one ended but I'll edit this post as I think of stuff.  I'll have it ironed out in a day or two.

Main Quest: To lose 100 pounds.

Goal 1: Food!  Like I said, detoxing now and this is a really hard part.  I really need friends and accountabilibuddys (spelling?) at the start of this.  I've reduced my non-paleo meals to twice a week now.  Bagels are officially on my 'never eat again' list so that means there's no point in having a cheat breakfast.   It's roughly 1 point a week.   There's some leeway the next few days but by the end of the week if I'm screwing up I start losing points.

+5 Constitution

Goal 2: Warhammer!  My sledgehammer(Jackson) has been a dear, dear, workout buddy but it's time to retire him.... FOR A WARHAMMER.  The old sledgehammer was 10 pounds and I was able to work out with it for 20 minutes without breaking much of a sweat.  So easy that I was getting bored- and that's a bad sign.  So I'm ordering and will hopefully get by the end of the week- a 20 pound sledgehammer.  My tentative workout is as follows:

10+ Minutes of Warhammer training

7+ Tire-ups

30+ Reverse Crunches

30+ Incline Crunches (getting too easy, hope to increase difficulty soon)

5+ Random experiment - either 1 leg deadlifts, or trying new sledgehammer exercises, or doing some tractor-tire flips.  Each time I'll try something out and see what sticks.  If nothing strikes me, then I'll get into full-body weight squats.

+5 Strength.

Goal 3: Unity!  I couldn't think of a better word.  I would like to focus on stress relief with some sort of meditation.  I'm horrible at it.  In fact, I think I have really bad ADD but was never diagnosed.  I also feel after a stretching mini-challenge that I really should do some sort of stretch-related goal.  I know they're technically 2 things, but I'm going to try to do them both as a package deal- like a yoga-ish thing.  breath deep, clear my mind, and try and get some stretching done for my legs, knees, and back.   Once a week, but I'll gun for twice a week.

+3 Wisdom

Goal 4: Hardware/Guitar!  The desk and end table was a great success.  I either want to improve the desk (sawing, sanding, priming, painting, fitting a side board to the desk and then having pins in the legs to hold actual shelves- which can then be used to hold my game consoles and other knick-knacks.)  -OR- Guitar.  I've put it off a lot because I'm really insecure.  my g/f thinks that I'm dexterous enough that I should be able to do pretty well if I just stick with it.  idk.

+2 Whichever

With that all done; hello and welcome back!

Teros! Welcome back :) I am excited to see your progress this challenge after the awesome job you did last time. I totally understand getting out of hand during the break. I also may have over-indulged quite a bit. But we are back- and here to kick ass! I'm looking forward to pictures of your sweet new hammer. 

Looks like a good start. Getting the food choices back on track is interesting... I made a fair few "interesting" choices whilst I was under the weather.

All the best. Will be watching out for the clean up of the goals and your progress in this challenge.

WARHAMMMAAAHHHH! Sounds Thor-ish! I also indulged a bit whilst on break (went to a few fast food places, realized they really do all suck...) and now have to get back on track and cooking for myself again! Good luck with your goals!

I swear ever since hearing of the warhammer I have been seeing Thor smashing a tire.  I might have to break out some photoshop or something ;)

Need to make a note here:  sledgehammer pic and I need to update a lot of things on here.  I've been occupied with getting something done before tuesday. 

Food is extremely difficult.  I had some bacon and eggs last night and wanted ice cream instantly afterwards.  Thought and thought about it but I've just been trying to stay busy.  the next few days are going to suck.

-update- worked out. I did:

20~ min sledgehammer

10 Tire-Ups

30 Rev-Crunches

30 Incline-Crunches

--Trial-- 5 bodyweight squats.  Feels good man.  My knee FINALLY doesn't hurt. 

Food today: eggs, mini sausage links, a brookie =/ , and some oj. 

Hey, I have a question for you guys.  Like an hour or so after working out, do you want to work out again?  I just feel like kicking some ass or something.

For me, I get pretty tired so far.  A lot of times during working out I feel like I could tackle more and more stuff.  I think i will get back like that once I get in a good rhythm with my workouts and walking.

OMG IT'S HERE!  MY HAMMER CAME In 4 DAYS EARLY! 

my main quest is to:

Complete a Spartan Race

Do triple-clap pushups

Lose 100 Pounds.

They're all interconnected, but I guess if I had to pick ONE, it's lose 100 pounds.

spartan race:

Triple-clap pushups:

I'm usually pretty pooped by the time I'm done working out though a couple of hours later I usually can't wait for the next. Good job with the squats-those and the lunges were so hard when I was rehabbing my knee. My problem is I still catch myself favoring my right leg, and try to even out my weight but if the left starts to struggle at all I can feel my right leg picking up the slack and taking more weight (probably out of habit-I walked around on a partially dislocated knee for close to 2months before we found out what was wrong and it was fixed).

GAH! food cravings are horrible and I'm not even trying paleo! Would, like a paleo popsicle work (do those exist)? or a frozen banana with a teensy bit of dark chocolate?

Can't wait to see the hammer!

Ok, I have pictures.  First up is the gaming desk.  It was part of my life goal for last challenge.  sanded, primed, painted, and made to look nice.  That part in the middle is a tiny endtable- I plan on adding a side piece and some pegs to make an actual shelf-thing for the consoles.  Also, that was the desk I was doing 'desk-ups' on.  You can see the tractor tire next to it.  That decline is what I do now.  What I call 'tire-ups'.

gamedesk_zpsfc8ae810.jpg

and here's the old sledgehammer and the new sledgehammer/warhammer.  The one of the left is 10 pound Jackson.  On the right is 20 pound Warhammer.  Also on top of the tire on the left are jugs filled with sand for free weights.  On the right is the same, but a different jug with a different grip.  They're about 14-15 pounds, so I plan on replacing the sand with concrete. Here's my home gym :)  :

gym1_zps80becda2.jpg

gym2_zpsef450fcf.jpg

I think I'm going to use some red and black paint on part of the warhammer.  Make it look real threatening. 

So far, I've had 2 pluots (plums/apricot hybrids that taste kinda like fruit punch) and a hamburger, and a spearmint leaf.  feeling good.  tonight it's going to either be bacon+eggs, or blts with a big side of mixed veggies. 

The cravings aren't as bad; it's been about a week now so I want to eat when I'm bored so I'm keeping busy.

Woo sexy tire pics! 

For when you do have cravings, have you tried infused water or herbal tea? I'm currently on the road somewhere that summer apparently never reaches, and I have been drinking licorice and mint teas (separately, not combined) when I want to have something tasty between meals. But in normal places where it is at least warm, if not hot, I can imagine throwing some mint, cinnamon, strawberries, cucumbers, basil or whatever you like in some water overnight in the fridge, for a hydrating option that will last a bit longer and probably be a bit more palatable than chewing on a leaf.

Also, I want to know what happened with the bagel. Was it, like, a grocery store bagel? There is a really good bagel store here in the town where I'm temporarily staying for work, so those have been some of my treat foods this summer--I genuinely can't imagine anything turning me off of those without also being a good (and potentially embarrassing!) story, so I have to ask. :)