Warhammer + Friends: Round 3 TerosX

Teros

It's a brownie/cookie combo.  I made my own a few years back but they seem to be gaining in popularity.  Always a trendsetter I guess.

So yesterday I used my warhammer.  HOLY ****!  It was super hard.  I used it for about 6 minutes.  So with the 10 lb sledgehammer, I did roughly 400 reps.  Using this new warhammer, I did 92 reps. (12 shovel left/12 shovel right) (12 churn left/12 churn right) (12 chop left/12 chop right) (10 killswitch left/10 killswitch right)

Once I did that, I went to do my tire-ups.  They were somewhat easy compared to the warhammer.  Did 10 of those.  30 rev crunches, 30 incline crunches.

My new exercise I tried today was dumbell twists:

I saw that vid and thought, 'meh, this looks stupidly easy. I'll use the warhammer for my freeweight'  Today? OH GOD MY ABS!  Later today will be my attempt at a stretching/meditation/yoga-ish thing.  If anyone has some diagrams of super easy stretches for incredibly inflexible people; please post. I'm actual a bit nervous about this.

Your home gym is probably the coolest home gym I've seen in a looooong time. I just watched Thor yesterday, and yeah, HAMMARHHH! :D They don't seem to take up too much space, either!

Food cravings are difficult, I recommend eating vegetables and telling yourself that they're as good as Ben & Jerry's. :D I would have wanted to eat a lot of ice cream tonight, instead I made myself eat veggies and some meat and now I feel good about it. Yayy.

You seem to be doing great, let's keep swimming! :)

ED; Here's a yoga video that shows a simple morning routine. I recommend you spend some time looking and memorizing what's said about posture, knees and breathing before doing it yourself. Beginner yoga isn't so much about being flexible, it's about breathing, relaxation and listening to your body.

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

ok, just tried that video.  I couldn't get through the first 3 minutes.  I tried the downward dog and I couldn't even balance myself or support getting into that position.  at 3:53 when he goes back, like a lunge I just could not even do it.  I need something even more basic than that.  I'm on a quest to look up some stuff.

tried a different one, but just having my head hang down for more than 10 seconds had a rush of blood to my head and now I have a headache.  This seriously feels impossible.  Maybe I should switch this out for something else; and retry it in another 2 challenges or so, once I lose more weight.

Hmm.

Have you tried just a basic, non-yoga stretch routine?

I've been working on doing all over body stretching at least once a day, but I just do your standard kind of stretches. Husband is working on developing his flexibility too, so we can relate.

Level 3 Adventurer with her eyes set on becoming an Assassin.

STR 7 DEX 5  +  STA 3  +  CON 5  +  WIS 7  +  CHA 6

Current Challenge! | Member of RPG Fanatics!

I'll try that tomorrow after work when my headache goes away.  I'm straight edge so I really try not to use any meds, but even with a pill, my headaches linger for a long long time when they show up.  I have that bookmarked.

By the way, this is why I named my current workout weapon a warhammer:

Screenshot001_zpsb381eed4.jpg

The next upgrades get cooler.

I had never heard of "straight edge" before. Thanks to Google you don't have to explain! ;)

I can't stand taking drugs (not including vitamins and supplements in there)... don't even like taking ibuprofen. Since I've been drinking more water/working out/not eating crap food, I get FAR fewer headaches.

<3 your screenshot!

I totally need to work my favorite games into my workouts. Can't wait to be able to do some of the themed ones on the NF blog.

Which RPGs are your favorites?  That would probably be the easiest to incorporate.  And yeah, about the straight-edge.  I don't both with caffeine either, so I've never had a soda problem.  It seems like 99% of people have some sort of 'coke' problem. 

Pre-paleo,I used to get 1-3 headaches a week. Now it's maybe once a month unless it's some weird rare thing- like immediate brain blood flow or banging into a door or something.

Zelda and the older Final Fantasies, all the way!

That's awesome. I'm not much of a soda person anymore (thanks, in part, to that last challenge!), but I definitely still do coffee, and that will probably never go away forever.

Warhammer training sounds like a super intense workout! Yay for getting your sledgehammer in early. :)

Food is always a hard one. You have years of food conditioning to combat and change, that's always going to be tough. When you can overcome those, it makes you feel amazing. Good luck with your goals. 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

could try wielding cloud's buster sword.   80 pounds to wield :)   a blacksmith made it.

Yeah, not there yet! ;) haha

Great goals! That Spartan race looks like a blast! I'm doing Run for your Lives in October, and it'll be my first race ever - I'm really stoked. Good luck, and keep up the good work with the warhammer! I can't wait to see the paint job!

Oooo. That looks fun! There's some sort of Zombie Run out here in September. I'm not going to be able to do it this year, but would love to next year!

zombie runs seem like something really cool but I know myself and I would push too hard to win and collapse.  I told my older sister about the spartan race and she's signing up for next year.  It's going to be a family event it seems.  Now I'm nervous.  I HAVE to lose the 100 lbs in under a year.  Talk about a lofty goal.  And Tamzilla, here's the video of cloud's sword:

Great goals! That Spartan race looks like a blast! I'm doing Run for your Lives in October, and it'll be my first race ever - I'm really stoked. Good luck, and keep up the good work with the warhammer! I can't wait to see the paint job!

I just did RFYL a few weeks ago! It's a blast, have fun and make sure you make friends. It's impossible to survive without teamwork!

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

That is crazy and awesome!

If I remember correctly, the MMA gym I was a member of a few years ago took part in the Spartan Race. Maybe, just maybe, I'll feel buff enough to handle that! :>

Pretty cool that it's a family thing--don't let the pressure of it eat at you! How much under a year are we talking here?

Thanks Ensi, I'll be using a combo of that pic along with Tamzilla's site which had 10 stretches as well. Looks like there's some duplicated.  Tomorrow will be my second Warhammer workout and I'll be trying the stretching out as well.

Tamzilla, watching that makes me wanna just bull charge through it.

Tateman, it looks scary but that's why I'm doing it.  My sister signed us up already I think.  Not 100% sure; but it will be next June I believe.  I've dropped 30 pounds so far but I have another 100 to go.  If I stick to my guns and don't have any serious screw-ups; I should be hitting my goal right when the spartan race comes up.  There's no backing down.  Hey, are you doing the entry-level spartan race?  Because I checked and I think there's 4 of them.  I might just try the easier 2 next year; then train for the 3rd and 4th the following year. 

I signed up for the Spartan sprint right as I did my first challenge.  So I can't get the money back, I am doing it :)  December 7th down in Malibu, Ca.  http://www.spartanrace.com/malibu-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html  I don't know if my sister and brother in law signed up yet, but they said they were.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines