Warhammer + Friends: Round 3 TerosX

Teros

I'm so in awe of you all doing the Spartan races.   I really wish I could sign up to something like this but my forced non-running puts me right out of the game.  

December seems close Tateman but I'm sure you can do it no probs if you keep achieving all your other goals like you are.  

Terosx, you can do it.  Like you say, just keep working at it and even with a few bumps along the road you'll be close to goal.   And after throwing that hammer around for so long, you'll be as fit as a fiddle!  A fun family outing like no other!!! :)

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

what songs were you using? 

I know it's corny, but I would listen to Paranoid if I were smashing things with a warhammer. 

So......I just went investigating the Spartan Race and it looks like there will be one in my neighborhood in August 2014. I am so torn on whether I should do it or not....GAH! 

I am already planning on doing a half marathon in May and another one in October. 

SO TORN! 

PHEW!  In a sweaty heap on the cold tile floor right now.  Feels good.  Ok, so I did:

15x2 Shovel/Gravedigger

15x2 Butter Churn

15x2 Wood Chop

12x2 Killswitch   (The killswitch is SO damn hard to do now.)

10 Tire-Ups

30 Reverse Crunches

30 Incline Crunches

5 Hip Raises.  To note: tighten your butt.  I didn't feel anything doing the first few, but then I remembered I need to try and tighten everything.  HUGE difference:

do you have to do in a group?  The one up here says you need a minimum of 4 people- no flying solo.

yeah, had no problem signing up solo.  I created a team too so people could save 15% on their signups.  Mostly for when my sister and her husband sign up :)

I felt the same on the hip raises as you.  When I first started doing them, I thought this is no problem.  Then I started tightening my muscles and holding it for a count.  Much better workout.

Went with these, only I wish the volume on my comp could go a 100 percent higher:

after checking the black sabbath link, I should be listening to that more.  thanks rogaecia.  Might experiment with some dynasty warriors music as well. 

ok, so I was looking at my bookmarks and saw the stretching things that you guys suggested and was like, "yeah yeah.. I will later."  And then I thought to myself.  I've put it off 4 times now.  Nothing it happening right now... do it NOW.   So I am. 

Calf Stretch: feels good. feels real good.   Didn't think I would feel a tingly feeling in my muscles minutes later but it feels... relaxed?  I don't know.  I honestly have never had that kind of feeling in a muscle before so I can't describe it. 

Hamstring stretch: need to work on.  Wow this is hard.  I have negative hamstrings apparently.  I was trying to kind of lean my leg against the couch, but I think maybe I could use a little dishtowel and just pull that way.  Might make it easier to do.

Quad Stretch: feels good too.  The problem is that my body wants to apparently do the twist while I try and do this.  I had to hold onto the back of my sock and pull and my body would just start turning around  even though I was braced against the wall. This needs some work too, but it's not nearly as bad as the hamstring stretch.  The instructions said to tighten my stomach.  I was kind of busy not falling so I know what needs improving for next time.

Hip Flexor Stretch: I think this one is one that I really need.  It's tied to bending my knees and my waist/lower back I think and those are my problem areas.  I was supposed to stay in position for 30 seconds.  Lol.  No really, lol.  I could do that for about 4 seconds and then my body would turn into noodles and would start crumpling all over the place.  So I did 'sets'.  I would stretch for 4-5 seconds, return, wait 5 seconds, stretch for 4-5 seconds.  This one needs some serious work, but I did feel the sides of my upper thighs.  They still have some burn to them.

Iliotibial band Stretch:  I hurt. Hurt so much.

Knee to chest Stretch:  I cracked my back twice, farted, and then laughed for about 20 seconds.  After that though; I felt it.  This is another one that I think I really need.

Shoulder Stretch:  This is a good one.  Using the warhammer, I use my shoulders a lot.  I really felt this one and it wasn't too hard either. 

Shoulder stretch with towel:  I think I felt this one the most.  omg.  My shoulders feel like they've been stabbed AND feel like I want to judo-chop a tree in half. 

Neck Stretch: Yay, another easy one.  I never even thought to stretch my neck.  Sometimes there is a little bit of a popping/clicking though.  I need to be careful with this one and don't stretch too much.  Felt a little fuzzy afterwards.

So, overall I need to stop being a wuss when it comes to stretching.  I'll throw around a 20 lb sledgehammer with no problems, but laying on the floor and pulling my knee for some reason is procrastination central.  I need to stop, because I feel better just having done those- even though I did pretty horrible on all of them except the neck one.  That was this setup-   http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stretching/SM00043&slide=9

I will try the other one that was offered as a suggestion friday I think.  Then I'll be all caught up.  Also, I'm not sure what to do about the mini-challenge this week.  I think I read it wrong because I have no clue what to do with being on one leg, or useing just a leg and hand ect.  Since I try 5 reps of a different exercise each workout- this time I'll give planks and side planks a chance.  Bit nervous about those.  The first time I tried a plank, I got a horrible stabbing pain in my guts and fell on the floor in a millisecond.  That was 3+ months, 30+ pounds and -60 crunches ago though, so maybe it won't be as bad as I'm dreading it.

Love you all!  I'm going to have some ice cold cran-grape juice and enjoy this odd 'stretched' feeling I have.  I seriously never felt whatever-the-hell this is.

. do it NOW.   So I am. 

Knee to chest Stretch:  I cracked my back twice, farted, and then laughed for about 20 seconds.  After that though; I felt it.  This is another one that I think I really need.

WOOT! Glad you found some that worked for you! Yeah, stretching shouldn't hurt/make you feel fuzzy/other ickies. There's a fine line between a "I'm actually doing more harm than good" pain and "holy crap my muscles are in knots and I need this so bad" "pain."

And, seriously, I busted out laughing when I got to  your comment about the knee to chest stretch. I laughed so hard my eyes leaked and the dog had to make sure I was okay!

Level 3 Adventurer with her eyes set on becoming an Assassin.

STR 7 DEX 5  +  STA 3  +  CON 5  +  WIS 7  +  CHA 6

Current Challenge! | Member of RPG Fanatics!

Love you all!  I'm going to have some ice cold cran-grape juice and enjoy this odd 'stretched' feeling I have.  I seriously never felt whatever-the-hell this is.

And also: this! It feels so good! And I want cran-grape juice...

And we love you too!

Level 3 Adventurer with her eyes set on becoming an Assassin.

STR 7 DEX 5  +  STA 3  +  CON 5  +  WIS 7  +  CHA 6

Current Challenge! | Member of RPG Fanatics!

quick update: sausage, hamburger, pluot, and banana.  Feeling awesome for my warhammer workout.  I'll be attempting the planks today as well. I'll need some luck.  I think lunch is going to be a whole bag of steamfresh veggies and some cranberry juice and a sweet potato.  Sounds good.

Sounds like some awesome stretching going on!  I might have to incorporate a few of those into my own routine.  Although I do mine after class and by then I'm almost too tired to do the ones I already do!!

But they have to be done!!

Feels like week 2 is almost over, wish it would go quicker though! x

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

PLANKS! UGH!

i'm sprawled on the floor.  no energy to get up right now.  so i tried planks and uh.. they're pure evil.  I did  5 seconds with a normal plank and collapsed- whichis over 5 times better than when i first tried.  i also did side planks.  the second i tighten up to brace myself, my abs start shaking.  if I wasn't grinding my teeth a bit, they'd probably chatter.  so.... I'm just gonna stay on the floor for a bit. night.

Update:

So since I did regular planks and side planks, that's 2 out of 5 for the mini-challenge.  I just attempted a tree pose and I also tried out a few jump squats so that's 4 out of 5.  Now I just need a 3-limb exercise.  I don't think I'm brave enough to try a 1 leg plank today.  my abs are beat.  OH!  I didn't mention; my workout:

16x2 Gravediggers

16x2 Butter Churn

16x2 Wood Chop

12x2 Killswitch (so hard)

10 Tire-Ups

30 Rev crunches

31 Incline crunches

and then the plank business.

weird. I tried to post and there was a loading screen...

Anyway, I ate a hamburger, sausage, pluot, 3/4 bag of steamed veggies, and some cran-grape juice.  since I worked otu yesterday, today is my rest day so I think I'll do the other stretching routine and I'll take Evicious' advice and give donkey kicks a whirl.  There was a machine for that at the gym but there's no way I was going to use it.

Did that other stretching picture:

Pectoralis Stretch: It felt like I was stretching my upper arms instead.  It was weird.

Wrist Stretch: Nothing special. Felt fine.

Upper Trapezius Stretch: Easy and it felt ok.

Standing Hamstring Stretch: Hurt.

Quad Stretch: I like this one.  I seem to pivot with my footing, but it's something that I think I can fix if I just do this more.

Standing Calf Stretch: I like this one a lot. 

Hip Flexor Switch: This one leaning on the knee is pretty hard to do but it feels ok.

Piriformus Stretch: hahaha..no

Hip Abductor Stretch: Feels fine. No problems.

Trunk Rotation: Cracked my back and it felt good.

Double Knee to Chest: It was harder to do than I originally thought.  Hard to keep my knees held up to stretch for more than a couple seconds.

Did donkey kicks.  Did set of 15 and the hardest part about those is staying on my palms/knees.  They hurt before I have any issues with my actual muscles. so...

Minichallenge DONE!

I'll work out with my warhammer in 20 minutes or so as well.  Woot

Always nice to meet a fellow sxe brother in arms :) workout seems awesome keep up the good work. What dimensions and material did the blacksmith use for the buster sword that much steel should way more then 80lbs I would think. I always figured it weighed closer to 150-200lb range. Might I suggest man-o-war sleipnir for your playlist it's epic as fuck and its about Odin and Valhalla. It's always been a staple in my workout music

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines