Warhammer + Friends: Round 3 TerosX

Teros

i did a youtube search for that manowar song.  within 10 seconds i bookmarked it and added it to my music list :)     Not sure about that buster sword.  He talks about the steel in the video I believe.  Blacksmithing looks so cool.  It's something that I think would make an awesome timekiller; but I don't want all the machinery.  I've seen weaponsmiths at the renaissance faire and they just have steel poles, a hammer, anvil, bucket of water, and a small furnace.  I could create something with my hands, be busy, I'm working out while hammering, and then there's just the coolness factor.  "What did you do this weekend?" "oh just.. made a battle axe. Nothing special."  Really contemplating it.  Maybe I'll ask some questions when I go to the faire in a month or so.

And yeah, I've always been sXe but I never knew there was a term until 3ish years ago.  Maybe you'll get a kick out of this because so many of these are true: 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/thesaccattack/15-worst-things-about-being-straightedge-5o2x

And with paleo- no one can say #4.

i did a youtube search for that manowar song. within 10 seconds i bookmarked it and added it to my music list :) Not sure about that buster sword. He talks about the steel in the video I believe. Blacksmithing looks so cool. It's something that I think would make an awesome timekiller; but I don't want all the machinery. I've seen weaponsmiths at the renaissance faire and they just have steel poles, a hammer, anvil, bucket of water, and a small furnace. I could create something with my hands, be busy, I'm working out while hammering, and then there's just the coolness factor. "What did you do this weekend?" "oh just.. made a battle axe. Nothing special." Really contemplating it. Maybe I'll ask some questions when I go to the faire in a month or so.

You seem alot like me I have always needed to keep busy with a thousand different hobbies. A year or so ago my dad asked me to make an anvil for our body shop so I did using a piece of four inch steal and some channel. Well after that I figured screw it might as well make a forge and I found plans for a "soup can forge" on instructables.com and it works pretty well for beginner stuff. There is a huge online resource for blacksmithing. also I don't do it very often and I'm really bad at it but it is alot of fun.

I just checked that site.... and amazingly enough I had a bookmark for how to make a barbarian warhammer which was my possible next goal for the next challenge.  WEIRD.  So you made the soup-can forge as well?  Some people in the comments mentioned that the filler mixed with sand just broke apart.  Did you have any issues?  Also, I was thinking of making a bigger coal forge so it got me looking around.  I have no clue where to put something like this but I'd love to make this one:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Forge/

then I could try my hand at whole swords instead of knives and then maybe try some giant axes and then cut down some trees and use that to widdle handles an...

CALM DOWN!  baby steps teros, baby steps.

Lol I did the exact same thing. I had a little trouble with the filler where the fire came i contact with the side opposite the opening and if you accidentally hit it when your pulling the rods in or out some will flake off. its jus sand and plaster of Paris so I just added more. It's just a small start my problem is I always make stuff way to advanced right off the bat and I get overwhelmed and move on to the next thing lol Also instead of a soup can I used a coffee can so it was bigger I used more plaster then was recommended to get it to stick real good and it works for me.

congrats on the stretching. What kind of hamstring stretch are you doing? also what's so "haha no" about the piriformis stretch? I have  from a back injury and the piriformis stretch is glorious relief when it flairs (seriously I've been known to beeline it to the breakroom at work when it gets bad and end up with a funny look from housekeeping, cuz I'm sitting in a recliner, looking like I'm trying to sniff my foot.

this one? http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=piriformis+stretch&id=9FFE3C17D8B1C833FD04B0891FF52171F85C25E0&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=9FFE3C17D8B1C833FD04B0891FF52171F85C25E0&selectedIndex=0 just go as far as you can. Also focused breathing makes stretching way easier and more relaxing.

Planks are hard, after 10 seconds I'm shaking and at 20 I'm grunting/whining/wanting to die. Keep at it.

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Blacksmithing sounds like it would be an awesome hobby to have, not to mention all the cool things that you would be able to have. I've been wanting to try it for a while, especially after seeing the Art of Manliness article on making a knife from an old saw blade.

The soupcan forge reminds me of something I saw on the Second Season of the show "The Colony". They had an artist there who I honestly didn't think was the best choice, till he made himself a forge and started forging weapons for them. His forge had a smaller mouth though, possibly to funnel all the heat into one area.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Bah stretching can be very evil. Moves are deceiving when the look so simple yet your personal flexibility just isn't there. Good job on keeping up and trying so many new ones!

Also, Blacksmithing sounds awesome and kind of bad ass. I mean, even more than doing warhammer workouts. :)

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Errah: that's good to know about the paint cans.  The more I learn about these things, the more excited I get about them.  Now I just have to pull the trigger instead of thinking I'll *eventually* do something.

Terror:  I LOVE THE COLONY!  I had no idea there was a second season!  I wanted to make that windmill from the old car parts.  Looked so awesome!

Tiggs:  I'm too overweight to be able to get a leg over and in front of me and THEN try and stretch.  Looking at it made me go, 'pfffffft nope' out loud.  I DID still try it though and I pretty much moved about 2 inches and felt nothing.

Jonesy: Blacksmithing is something I've thought of for years but never really *tried* to learn to do.  The same with learning how the play guitar or write a book that I have an outline for(Or glass blowing. I have huge lungs- takes 2 xrays to examine them).  I think that weight is such a huge obstacle that it's the only thing I've focused on in life; and because of that I've let so many other things slip by.  With losing the weight, I feel reinvigorated about life.  If I have the grit and determination to finally overcome my biggest challenge in life, then all the other things don't seem as hard.  That's why I'm doing the Spartan race next June.  No excuses.  I'm losing the 100 pounds I have left to drop and I'm going to prove to MYSELF that I can do this.

Tateman: I tried these 10 and this picture. 

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stretching/SM00043

http://www.musclesprod.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/stretch.gif

I wrote a breakdown for all of them after I did it.  I think the first setup I like much more, but that doesn't mean I won't re-do the others.  Just maybe drop a few more lbs and see if they feel different.

Totally forgot to mention it because of the mini-forge but sunday I did:

18x2 Gravediggers

18x2 Butter Churn

18x2 Wood Chop

15x2 Killswitch (so hard)

11 Tire-Ups

30 Rev crunches

31 Incline crunches

Today I plan on stretching again, and tomorrow is my next workout day.  so far I've had a bar, apple, couple meatballs, a sausage, and soon I'll be having part of a steak with beans, carrots, and sweet potato. 

That's awesome the forge works for glass too.  I've thought it was cool previously, but then when I went to the faire and I saw a guy doing it live and was mesmerized.  g/f and sister wanted to see the tiger exhibit (again) but I just wanted to watch.

Thanks Rogaecia.  I'm still trying.  I wish it was easier now but it's not.  At least not until I'm 100% on track with food planning.

Tamzilla: I just want to learn and understand (almost) everything.  Especially when it comes to using simple tools to create something.  Blacksmithing, glass blowing, knitting, whittling, woodworking etc.  I have a list interests in a mile long.  It's actually a problem because I'm pulled in too many directions.  How can I learn piano if I also want to learn guitar and saxophone?

Errah: Picture NOW.

Laureleye: My grip has been built up by using the 10 lb hammer.  My issue is that I'm sweating like a banshee and that's what's loosening my grip. Even with fingerless workout gripping gloves.  I've debated using that chalk stuff that weightlifters use.  I have also thought about trying to aquire a construction hard hat... and spray painting is black and putting on ram horns so I can go beastmode pretending I'm killing demons...

ok, so food has been teetering and ALMOST sliding into my old bad food habits, so I need some help.  I NEED to be accountable and post a menu here every week so I can actually stick with it.  I took inventory of everything in the freezer and this is my plan for the next 4-5 days. I'll be reevaluating what I'm going to do for meals on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY so I have to post my food here on SUNDAY. 

.Sunday.

Menu:

Breakfasts: Meatballs, sausage, with some tomato sauce and fruit.  (Making tonight)

Lunch: Homemade chicken salad- shredded chicken, mayo, diced red onion, 4-5 strips of crumpled bacon, diced grape tomatoes with baby spinach salad.

- Snack if I want it- Smoothie since I have so much damn frozen fruit.

Dinners:

Tonight- disaster- salmon GAG.

Thursday: Chicken and mushrooms (pinch of italian breadcrumbs)

Friday+Saturday: Crock pot stew- beef chunks, carrots, etc.

Sunday: BLT wraps- using the big leaves in a head of lettuce as the bread.  Done it before- mega awesome.  I could probably eat a whole head of lettuce in 5 minutes if I just had 2 strips of bacon and a bit of mayo.

Monday: Italian meatloaf with steambag veggies

Tuesday:  -temp- egg bonanza. (green peppers+onions mix or ham N peas mix)

Tonight while my g/f heads to workout, I will be WARHAMMERING.  Stay classy everyone.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines