Warhammer + Friends: Round 3 TerosX

Teros

nope- It can't be a thick layer or it could.  However, what I did was I didn't paint 1 side, but I painted the other side and the entire tread. That way if I wanted to beat the **** out of the tire with my sledgehammer, I could hit the non-painted side.  Just make sure it dries for a few days. I *thought* it was dry and got a few red paint scuff marks on the floor that I had to clean up.  Some spray paint says 2 hours, some say 24.  I'd honestly give it 2-3 days if you do a light coat.  I'll eventually make it red/orange camo looking.  I also, as a precaution, cut a giant black garbage bag in half and used that as a surface to do tire flips on. Didn't need though.  I always err on the side of caution.

I think that weight is such a huge obstacle that it's the only thing I've focused on in life; and because of that I've let so many other things slip by.  With losing the weight, I feel reinvigorated about life.  If I have the grit and determination to finally overcome my biggest challenge in life, then all the other things don't seem as hard. 

That^

:star: Fracking awesome! :star:

You are inspiring!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Thanks WildColonialGrrl. 

So last night my g/f went for a walk and I did my workout.  I did:

20 x 2 Gravediggers

20 x 2 Butter Churn

20 x 2 Chop Wood

15 x 2 Killswitch

10 + 5 Tire ups (took a few seconds to stretch before I did the extra 5)

30 Reverse Crunches

31 Incline Crunches

Totally forgot to try some new exercise. I was going to try dumbell flys but I was so beat that I completely forgot. 

So after looking at what I've done, I think I'm going to keep my current warhammer training. I've been trying to add a rep every time I work out, but 20/15 is good right now.  I'd rather focus on doing more with my crunches and tire-ups.  I think I'm going to hold a small weight while I do my incline crunches.  Doing 30 feels easy, but I tend to lose track of reps after 30 since I'm concentrating- so I think I'm better off making the 30 harder.  I'll try 25 rev crunches, and then 5 weighted rev crunches.  I'll try to slowly convert my rev crunches into weighted crunches for added effort. 

Thanks Errah, if you check this site you can see the other exercises that I do(the first 4).  I modified them slightly.  Like the chop wood; I tend to lean my weight more on the forward leg and do a mini-lunge with it:

http://www.shovelglove.com/movements/

Rogaecia, I've thought about it once I can see my goal weight within sight.  Also thought about doing a video dedicating a tire flip to each person that requests it- the more friends/requests, the harder it'll be to do.  Both of those are the in (hopefully near) future.

Tateman!  You want to do everything, don't you? :)   Tires are free; give it a whirl.  It's a huge stress release when you actually smash the tire as hard as possible(current record is 60 hits nonstop).  I tend to keep the 'beat the **** out of the tire' setup for when I'm feeling particularly stressed and just do the tire-less warhammer workout.  I don't want to end up having a hair-trigger temper because I'm so used to beating something up all the time every time I'm angry.

Tateman!  You want to do everything, don't you? :)   Tires are free; give it a whirl.  It's a huge stress release when you actually smash the tire as hard as possible(current record is 60 hits nonstop).  I tend to keep the 'beat the **** out of the tire' setup for when I'm feeling particularly stressed and just do the tire-less warhammer workout.  I don't want to end up having a hair-trigger temper because I'm so used to beating something up all the time every time I'm angry.

Can't help it, I see so much cool stuff here I want to do it all :D

So I decided the other day that I wanted to beef up my non-warhammer stuff.  After all, one of my main quest goals is to do triple-clap pushups.  So yesterday I did:

20 x 2 Gravediggers

20 x 2 Butter Churn

20 x 2 Chop Wood

15 x 2 Killswitch

10 + 6 tire-ups (A big boost.  I took a couple second break after 10 so that's why I'm listing it like that.)

30 Reverse Crunches

28 Incline Crunches + 3 WEIGHTED incline crunches.

My new exercise I tried was dumbell flys.  I feel my chest is really weak and it's hard to isolate just the chest muscles so I gave these a whirl.  Did 8 of them:

So I wanted to start pushing more in the crunch/pushup department so I'm sticking with my 20 x 2 setup for the warhammer.  I grabbed a 12 pound sandjug and held it to my chest and did 3 weighted incline crunches.  I thought realistically I MIGHT be able to do one and I did 3! I saved them for last so I might even be able to do more.  I'm so excited!  I plan on 'converting' all of my incline crunches into weighted incline crunches.  Once I do that, I'll plateau a little bit and then do regular on-the-floor-crunches.

I've been bothered by something the past couple of workouts and maybe someone can either give advice or idk; something.  I feel like my muscles can handle everything I'm doing and do even more; but my problem is other parts of my body.  For example, with the tire-ups I need to take the break because the palms of my hands are killing me.  It is NOT because my arm muscles are burning and need a rest.  I mean, that's a big difference.  For certain stretches and when trying planks; it's being on my knees/elbows that hurts and not the tightening of muscles.

Now I should make note of something; I WAS 130 pounds overweight.  Today I'm 100 pounds overweight.  So just my sheer bodymass is most likely the cause of why my joints/bones/hands/ect are giving out before my muscles.  It's just..... discouraging.  It's like my muscles are doing kick-ass but I can't progress as fast as I want to because of OTHER physical limitations.  I guess I'm just realy bummed about it.  If there are others that are significantly overweight; does this happen to you as well?  Are there solutions? (besides the obvious- lose weight- I'm doing that duh).  Or am I missing something and there's something else I can do to overcome this?

Thanks to anyone with advice.

i am very overweight still, so my knees can hurt on some workouts as well as my hands too.  I have a cheap pair of golds gym fingerless gloves.  They have a bit of padding on them.  They help for my dumbbells, and when I am putting pressure on my hands for say pushups and such.  I also have a yoga mat.  It's thin, but I fold it in half when I am doing planks and other ground exercises.  Then when I do bent over dumbbell rows, I fold it up again to help my knees and hands.  I don't have a bench at home, so I use a longer ice cooler we have, so I put the mat over the top of that.

I can understand the disappointment and it's not all about your weight. At times in previous gym experiences I have tried gloves to stop my hands hurting (now I don't bother, but palms got all bunched up and hurt thursday doing pull downs). I have been so annoyed by my wrists and forearms that I have tried wraps and specific exercises to strengthen just that bit so I can hold longer. When my wrists are bent back they hurt worse at the time than the exercise (yeah, body weight dips of pure evil...). Don't even start with my dodgy knee... I modify despite my disappointment. I reckon it happens at some time to most people.

Sure you are doing body weight now and that is hard core but one day it will be the other way around and you will need epic weights and equipment to mimic what you are carrying now - and other bits will still hurt. One day I imagine you putting 100 pounds on a bar, squatting and thinking that is so heavy how did my knees ever squat with that? Hell, how did I even get off the toilet? Patience is hard. I have very little.

Basically, it sucks.

Modify, build it up slowly and maybe go ask the warriors for advice. You will get there!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

It's not just about your muscles your whole body is getting stronger. Your ligaments and tendons and even your skin needs to learn to become stronger. It's hard sometimes but take it slow or you will hurt yourself. As your calluses develop your palms won't bother you anymore. Maybe buy a foam roller to help loosen up some of the knots in your back an legs that really helped my knees which I always attributed to maybe arthritis but it turns out it was just tenseness through out my body. Don't be discouraged it will get better

I'm an extremely stressed person so actually, you might be right about that arthritis bit Errah.  As for my palms, it's not the rolling part of weight bars that is bothering me- it's the sheer pressure on the palms that hurts.  While using my warhammer, I'm totally working on grip.  I've noticed a huge difference/improvement in grip when I went to the gym 2 months after I started this.  Found I could do another 20-30 pounds comfortably with a lot of machines like the rowing one, overhead press, and pulldown. 

So I was a bit discouraged at the start of the day but I'm feeling a bit better.  I figured I just need to try doing more exercises for bodyparts that don't get aggravated.  I just need to pace myself to find optimum a**-kickery.  So first thing's first.  I had a big bowl of Thor Stew. Digested for an hour and did:

20 x 2 Gravedigger

20 x 2 Butterchurn

20 x 2 Chop Wood

15 x 2 Killswitch

10 + 8 Tire-Ups

30 Reverse Crunches

20 Incline Crunches + 10 Weighted Incline Crunches

Couldn't think of a new exercise to try out so I did a handful of squats.  Feels good man.

My abs!  I didn't think I'd be able to jump up so fast but I really like weighted Incline Crunches.  I mean, a lot.  Feels awesome to use a sandjug weight and lift my body with that on top of it.  At this pace, in a week or so I will convert all my incline crunches into weighted incline crunches.

Going to do some stretches and then have some chicken club salad perhaps or maybe I'll just wait for the g/f and have an early dinner.

Going to do some stretches and then have some chicken club salad perhaps or maybe I'll just wait for the g/f and have an early dinner.

When I first skimmed this, my mind decided it said something about lifting chickens over your head (ala Zelda)...

Level 3 Adventurer with her eyes set on becoming an Assassin.

STR 7 DEX 5  +  STA 3  +  CON 5  +  WIS 7  +  CHA 6

Current Challenge! | Member of RPG Fanatics!

I've been bothered by something the past couple of workouts and maybe someone can either give advice or idk; something.  I feel like my muscles can handle everything I'm doing and do even more; but my problem is other parts of my body.  For example, with the tire-ups I need to take the break because the palms of my hands are killing me.  It is NOT because my arm muscles are burning and need a rest.  I mean, that's a big difference.  For certain stretches and when trying planks; it's being on my knees/elbows that hurts and not the tightening of muscles.

Now I should make note of something; I WAS 130 pounds overweight.  Today I'm 100 pounds overweight.  So just my sheer bodymass is most likely the cause of why my joints/bones/hands/ect are giving out before my muscles.  It's just..... discouraging.  It's like my muscles are doing kick-ass but I can't progress as fast as I want to because of OTHER physical limitations.  I guess I'm just realy bummed about it.  If there are others that are significantly overweight; does this happen to you as well?  Are there solutions? (besides the obvious- lose weight- I'm doing that duh).  Or am I missing something and there's something else I can do to overcome this?

Thanks to anyone with advice.

The only physical limitation I've discovered -  my knees. I'm not sure if my knees just suck after all the years of sports, if it's just because I'm overweight or more likely a combination of factors but I agree, it can be discouraging.

So far my solution has been to do as much as I can before the pain sets in and then switch exercises. I've also started doing stretches that are meant to strengthen my knees. Same exercises that they do in Physical Therapy. Also, I would assume losing weight will help :). I will say that the stretches and moves to strengthen have helped me greatly. 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines