GrimmThing: Becoming Human

Main Quest:

Deadlift my bodyweight.  I’m going to get there by dropping my weight down a bit, then adding back in heavy training with a bodyweight of 350 or less.

Current Goals:

Clean up my diet.

Eliminate all foods in the following list:

Sugared beverages (Exception - Post workout Chocolate milk)
    Fast Food (Exception - as an actual meal with my wife it is OK)
    Vending Machines (No exceptions)
    Convenience Store Snacks (No exceptions)
Work on flexibility and range of motion.
   Do the “Agile 8†and “Simple 6†once per day.
   Stand up at work every 15 minutes.
5 Days/Week High-intensity weighted cardio.
   KB Swings, Complexes, and so on.

Side Quest:

Become a baseline decent human being.

I’m really not right now, but I can be better.

Motivation:

I want to like the person I see in the mirror.

(This is more than physical appearance.

• Like 1

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

Well, I think my sleep issues and my depression issues and a few other personal mental issues have all collided in a perfect storm.  Add to that a significant amount of underwear collecting, and serial program switching.

:-(

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Hey man... you can do it.  Just take things one rep at a time, one set at time.  Getting out there and doing anything is better then doing nothing.  Just remember why you started this journey and tell yourself that goal isn't some impossible dream, but will some day be a reality.  

Daily Log ]

Fake it til you make it. Literally that's gotten me through some tough times where I've wanted to do absolutely nothing - but doing nothing is pretty much the opposite of being a successful professional. So take some time, but keep pushing through. You'll come through it soon enough.

Class: Warrior (Lvl 2); Ranger (Lvl 1) || Stats: STR - 4 | DEX - 2 | STA - 2 | CON - 3 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Challenges: 3, 2, 1

Okay, let me break down my issue a bit.

First, I'm noticing that my daytime sleepiness is getting worse.  I'm falling asleep (sometimes directly into dreaming) 3-4 times an hour,  having to resort to ridiculous measures to stay awake on my 1 hour commute home.

The result is that all my willpower is shot to hell on work days, and the only time I can find on my days off is to wake up really early, causing more sleep issues.

I think I'm gonna redo my goals to focus on what I need right now.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Main Quest: Deadlift my bodyweight.

Current Goals:

Fix my sleep.  I need to figure out if I have a legit sleep disorder.  If so, I gotta deal with it.  Make a sleep log

Develop the meta-habit:  The habit of having habits.  Right now my life is lived through Instant gratification.  I need to get the concept of reward for low intensity consistent effort.

Track my food.  Just track it for now

GrimmThing - Warrior

Sounds like a good reboot. Figuring out sleep seems like the most important thing, especially if you have trouble while driving. I have an acquaintance who will no longer drive after dark, because he just can't stay awake behind the wheel. Best of luck with this!

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I couldn't possibly have sleep apnea. I'm just grossly overweight, snore like a freight train, and my wife says I stop breathing in the middle of sleep.

I'm checking one out already. I have good health insurance.

I did try to see if they had any darth vader themed cp masks, apparently this is an untouched market.

GrimmThing - Warrior

I'm feeling a bit better, overall.  Still not sure what my next step is.

Try repeating the same activities that made you feel a bit better today. It might help again. But also give yourself the appropriate time, and don't let it stress you out or get you down. (Which, I realize, is incredibly difficult.)

Class: Warrior (Lvl 2); Ranger (Lvl 1) || Stats: STR - 4 | DEX - 2 | STA - 2 | CON - 3 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Challenges: 3, 2, 1

Right now my goals are in flux.  I don't trust my judgement to set good ones.

I'm just trying to establish better habits.

My home is a giant mess.  I need to maintain things in a clean state, not wait till they get hideous, then put in a massive crisis cleaning.

My first habit is keeping a specific portion* of my kitchen in a clean usable state.     (* Dishes/Garbage/eating/prep surfaces)

My second habit is gonna be food logging.  I'm gonna just start logging without counting or controlling.

I'll probably do it here....

GrimmThing - Warrior

Food Log 8/3/13

4 Sausage Biscuits 300 cal  24g protein

1 Can Pepsi One

Did not have time to make lunch, grabbed peanuts and raisins,  ate some in car.

1oz raisins (handful) 60 cal

1oz peanuts 160 cal 6g

*convenience store*

Nomming before lunch.

4 Slim Jims 330 cal 12g protein

2 cans Sugar free red bull 20 cal

2 packs Life savers 315 cal

1 Can Pringles 900 cal 6g protein

*Lunch from above convenience store*

1 Can pepsi One

2 CLif Bars 480 cal 22g Protein

GrimmThing - Warrior

Food Log 8/3/13

4 Sausage Biscuits 300 cal  24g protein

1 Can Pepsi One

Did not have time to make lunch, grabbed peanuts and raisins,  ate some in car.

1oz raisins (handful) 60 cal

1oz peanuts 160 cal 6g

*convenience store*

Nomming before lunch.

4 Slim Jims 330 cal 12g protein

2 cans Sugar free red bull 20 cal

2 packs Life savers 315 cal

1 Can Pringles 900 cal 6g protein

*Lunch from above convenience store*

1 Can pepsi One

2 CLif Bars 480 cal 22g Protein

yeah, c-store food just isn't the best for you.  when it's my only option i tend to just get a bag of jack link's jerky.  still not great, but better than loading up on carbs and sugars.

• Like 1

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Just take it one small thing at time Grimm.  I like your plan to focus on one part of the clean home.  Just make sure to focus on that everyday.  Before you know it, it'll be habit. 

Agreed. I let my house get pretty cluttered when we first moved in and it started to spread to every room. I started on just cleaning the kitchen every night, slowly that moved to other rooms and eventually I got ahead of the mess. Looking at the bigger picture can be overwhelming, just take it slowly and it will eventually work out. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines