• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MonicaLane

MonicaLane versus the too small pants

Hey fellow Adventurers!     :D 

I was on the last challenge... I technically completed although at the end I really struggled to not only keep up with my goals, but to even get online and check in. Due to increased issues at work. Work will still be a problem this challenge but I am still going to do my best!!

My goals are very similar to the last challenge.. They worked and would have worked even better if I had stayed on track.

Alright here goes nothing..

MAIN QUEST! - Lose weight/shape up enough to fit into size 18 jeans

It is a big deal for me to air my actual size in a public forum. I was a 26 at the beginning of the last challenge... I can now wear an old pair of khakis that are a 22. I fell off the wagon so I think if I stick with my goals better this time, an 18 should be a breeze! will be so nice to be back in the teens... I haven't been since i think 2007 or 2008...  

Goal #1 -  Work out at the gym 5 days a week (my gym handily tracks this for me).

A- Did not miss a work out

B- Missed 1-5 workouts

C- Missed 6-9 workouts

D- Missed 10-12 workouts

F- Missed more than 12 workouts

Potential Growth/Reward: (STR) 2 - (STA) 2

Goal #2 -  Eat clean. One meal splurge allowed a week, otherwise no processed foods and only water or unsweet tea to drink!

A- Stayed on track

B- Gave in to temptation 5 times or less

C- Couldn't resist 6-8 times

D- Couldn't resist 9-11 times

F- Balanced and healthy? What does that mean?

Potential Growth/Reward: (CON) 2 - (CHA) 1 - (WIS) 1

Goal #3 - Stretch! Stop letting myself be limited by inflexability. Stretch (independant from my gym workouts) at least 3 times a week.

A- Did not miss a day

B- Missed 1-4 days

C- Missed 5-8 days

D- Missed 8-10 days

F- Missed more than 10 days

Potential Growth/Reward: (DEX) 3 - (WIS) 1 - (STR) 1

Side Quest/Life Goal - Catch up on bills.

This goal is Pass/Fail. The goal is to have all bills be on time/current by the end of the challenge. (I was caught up but had an emergency and am back to struggling again).

Pass = Wisdom + 2

Fail = No Stat Boost

UPDATE - for goal #2... I have to eat my perishable foods first even if they are processed. I am too broke to waste food. So for the first week it counts as a win as long as I am eating natural food as well, and I do not buy any more processed items.

post-16923-0-57029900-1375130603_thumb.j

post-16923-0-57029900-1375130603_thumb.j

Heya Monica!! I stumbled upon your thread at random (yay for finding friends in the mini-quests!) and decided I'd pop on over and help cheer you on!! :D

I LOVE your beautifully pink sticky-note of motivation!!! What a great saying! I'm on board with the yearning for teen-sized pants (I'm currently a 24 and haven't been in the teens since I was a teen!). Let's do this! <hi-5>

Thanks guys! I am super excited about the new goal format. I think last challenge when work increased I just lost motivation here. I think having the major goal defined above the smaller goals will really remind me WHY I am doing this.

Heya Monica!! I stumbled upon your thread at random (yay for finding friends in the mini-quests!) and decided I'd pop on over and help cheer you on!! :D

I LOVE your beautifully pink sticky-note of motivation!!! What a great saying! I'm on board with the yearning for teen-sized pants (I'm currently a 24 and haven't been in the teens since I was a teen!). Let's do this! <hi-5>

*Hi-5!*

OMG if only I could have teen sized pants... Right now my goal is for my 22-23 year old pants size  :playful:  I was super athletic in high school (ice hockey in particular) so despite always being a "big girl" I could still fit in non plus sized clothes... Ahhhh those were the days

Here is my other thing... Smaller clothes are cheaper too! I am broke so I have to make clothes last! I am hoping by the end of the year I can be a small enough size that I can shop at some of the discount stores that carry a few things for the smaller plus sized girls. I am sick of spending half my food budget to replace a pair of pants lol.

I love your motivation message! Congrats on your progress to date :) Best of luck with the challenge, i too am waging a war on the too small pants!

*Hi-5* to you too! We can do it guys!

Monica- so glad to see you back!

I believe you can totally get back into the teens. I have just recently gotten back into the teens and the feeling is amazeballz. Granted, we don't have perfect bodies, but we have the perseverance to get it and that is priceless.

Keep it up, sister!

Monica- so glad to see you back!

I believe you can totally get back into the teens. I have just recently gotten back into the teens and the feeling is amazeballz. Granted, we don't have perfect bodies, but we have the perseverance to get it and that is priceless.

Keep it up, sister!

I know, I kind of fell off the face of the earth that last week or so.. I was still reading all the posts in my emails! Just had no time to reply to anything  :confusion:

And I am trying my best! I still managed to have progress despite my lack of time last challenge. I am going to try and just set aside specific time once or twice a week to post here this time around so I don't have room to put it off.

My pants from the start of the last challenge now fall off me when I walk. I am just wearing belts and dealing though because I don't want to spend the money until I hit those teens!

Love the avatar. =D

My pants from the start of the last challenge now fall off me when I walk. I am just wearing belts and dealing though because I don't want to spend the money until I hit those teens!

Your challenge looks really solid, and it sounds like you have a great foundation with those kind of results last time.  Keep it up!

Saw you in the mini quest thread and wanted to Also Cheer you on! Congrats on the teen sizes. I am on the borderline myself of 18-20. but I feel your pain.  What kind of Tea do you drink? I am a bit of a "tea-aholic" Always interested in what kind of tea people drink. I personally drink whole leaf usually from Harney and Sons. And can find Non sweetened Tea that tastes Sweet. Not like processed Sweet but good just the same. Either way Good luck on your challenge and looking forward to hearing from you!

Your motivational message was TOO cute and sincere! :) Welcome back! Do you have a specific stretch routine or specific exercises thought out?

Hey, Monica. It's day 2. Hope your challenge is starting out well. Despite a tough ending, your progress in the last challenge is admirable. Here's to an awesome second challenge and skinnier pants! :)

So far so good. My last challenge I explained that I have an understanding boss who lets me be a little late in the mornings so I can go to the gym. If I wait until after work I just have no motivation to go.

Gym was good this morning. Even got the shower with the good water pressure!

Saw you in the mini quest thread and wanted to Also Cheer you on! Congrats on the teen sizes. I am on the borderline myself of 18-20. but I feel your pain.  What kind of Tea do you drink? I am a bit of a "tea-aholic" Always interested in what kind of tea people drink. I personally drink whole leaf usually from Harney and Sons. And can find Non sweetened Tea that tastes Sweet. Not like processed Sweet but good just the same. Either way Good luck on your challenge and looking forward to hearing from you!

There is a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf right by my work. I have 3 favorites. For black tea I like the Tropical Passion tea. Green I like the Strawberries & Cream. Red I like the African Sunrise tea. They're all super delicious! They also have an herbal one called Swedish Berries that is very fruity so you can get that sweet kick without adding any sweetener. 

Do you get the catalog from Republic of Tea? They give a free sample with each one so if not you should sign up!

Your motivational message was TOO cute and sincere! :) Welcome back! Do you have a specific stretch routine or specific exercises thought out?

Hey Sicil!! Not so much specific stretches.. Just improving general flexibility. I used to be an ice hockey goalie so I was crazy flexible and now I feel like I can barely bend over haha. I will probably pick up some of the stretches I used to do at home for that. As for exercises kind of the same routine as last time at the gym. Mix of cardio, swimming and body weight depending on the day. I may incorporate some lighter body weight stuff into my 3 times a week nighttime stretching too, we'll see.

I hate stretching too. That's why I always go to yoga... because instructors tell me how long and how deep to hold the pose without seriously hurting myself, lol! Be careful about overstretching at first!

Here is my other thing... Smaller clothes are cheaper too! I am broke so I have to make clothes last! I am hoping by the end of the year I can be a small enough size that I can shop at some of the discount stores that carry a few things for the smaller plus sized girls. I am sick of spending half my food budget to replace a pair of pants lol.

Hi Monica,

I completely understand what you mean about smaller clothes being cheaper! Why is it whenever things are on clearance it is only the smaller sizes? Whenever I have to go buy new clothes because of a bigger size, I get so frustrated that I have perfectly good clothes at home that are just too small.

I completely love all of your goals and especially your motivation Post-it Note!  I will definitely be checking in often to see how you are doing!

Allowing yourself one cheat day is brilliant and a great way to make sure to stick with things. I may have to build that into my own goals!

Best of luck dear!

Oh I love these goals!! These are some great ones :)

I know you will make it this time! And thank you so much for stopping by my Quest for this month :)

I completely love all of your goals and especially your motivation Post-it Note!  I will definitely be checking in often to see how you are doing!

Allowing yourself one cheat day is brilliant and a great way to make sure to stick with things. I may have to build that into my own goals!

I definitely thinking that allowing for that is a big deal. If I try and cut something out completely, one slip up just makes me want to give up. This way I say one per week but my grade is actually based on how many splurges I have total in 6 weeks. So I can just make it up the next week if I slip up twice in a week too. 

Oh I love these goals!! These are some great ones :)

I know you will make it this time! And thank you so much for stopping by my Quest for this month :)

Thanks! And thanks for stopping by!

So day 3... Gym this morning. Last night my back was really sore so I was relieved to feel better this morning. That would have made the gym a bummer. 

So far so good, although I think I will have to make next week graded differently. I found out I am going on a trip for work so workouts will be at home and I will be at the mercy of my coworkers food wise. We leave Sunday and return I think Friday so should be interesting.

I am just going to grade myself on how well I, 1-resist temptation and pick the healthier options when we are out eating, and 2-keep exercising despite being away from the gym and my normal routine.

Other than that doing good. Just tired but that's normal for me by Wednesday.. I work a lot!

There is a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf right by my work. I have 3 favorites. For black tea I like the Tropical Passion tea. Green I like the Strawberries & Cream. Red I like the African Sunrise tea. They're all super delicious! They also have an herbal one called Swedish Berries that is very fruity so you can get that sweet kick without adding any sweetener. 

Do you get the catalog from Republic of Tea? They give a free sample with each one so if not you should sign up!

*ears perk* Free Sample.. huh. Republic of Tea is pretty good. Guess I should sign up. Thanks!

Well I am stressed today. So far I am doing okay food-wise. Having processed food but gotta eat all my perishables before I leave on Sunday. But at least after that I won't have any left to eat!

Went to gym this morning although only did about 30 minutes of working out. Very tired and grumpy from work stress today.

Here is hoping the day goes by fast  :onthego:

Love the goals and motivation.  Good luck.  Sounds like you are doing pretty good so far.  Hope the rest of your day today goes fast for you ;)

Going good, thanks!

Like I mentioned, I'm out of town for work. I can't do a full check in or probably even sign on again until I am home though. 

I'll do an update when I get home this coming weekend!

I feel your pain about posting actual sizes to an audience. I wish I had your guts! I love the goal for stretching I never really thought about flexibility being an issue before.... probably something I should think about too. Good luck with everything!!