teabunneh runs longer (and consistently!)

redcat

You are doing great. Sucks that your migraines are lasting so long. I like the picture on the background of your blog.

Thanks, I took that hiking in the Hocking Hills, Ohio a few years ago. Eh, I'm used to the migraines it's been more than 2 decades and I tend to have the 72hr migraines - you learn to deal. There was a time in my life where I'd only have 2-3 good days in a month. Cleaning up my diet and running has greatly improved things though. Now I'm just down to weeding out triggers that were previously unknown to me. Hooray for paleo!

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

I haven't participated in a challenge in a while. I'm a runner that decided to do only other things besides run for a long while, only to discover I missed running.... a lot.

So, after a lot of thought, I've decided to chalk it all up to side quests of life and get back to my main quest for a while.

Main Quest

Run an ultra marathon. Particularly, the North Country Trail Run 50 miler. Before that though, I need to advance to and beyond the full marathon stage. This will be my training focus.

Mission 1

Run 4x a week (M W TH S) - long run on the weekend. Focusing on running for a solid time frame for the next six weeks to build endurance back up after a long while off. 

I will be participating in 3 virtual races during the duration of this challenge (these might be partially walked - especially the longer distance one I had planned)

Mission 2

Maintain activity on rest days, whether it be walking or some form of light strength training

Mission 3

A very important mission for the sake of the main quest. Absolutely, under no circumstances should I consume foods that are known to trigger my migraines.

This list includes

- Wheat

- Dairy

- Soy

- Alcohol

- Fake Sugar

I'm currently following the Whole30 program & I expect to maintain that with the addition of more sweet potatoes for post workout fuel.

Life Side Quest

This is embarrassing for me to admit, but we've had a mountain of clean laundry that gets cycled through repeatedly but never gets put away for the last 4 years - there's three of us in the house... I mean MOUNTAIN. My side quest is to conquer the mountain this challenge period. That's it. It sounds small: it is not.

Accountability

I blog! Fancy that! :redface: hehe. http://runningpaleo.com

Motivation

My boy. So someday we can run together & he won't have to worry about me not being there for him because I wasn't healthy enough.

attachicon.gif2013-07-29 16.15.24.jpg

Mission 1 grade =  10% - I didn't come close to this level of consistency that I wanted due to a number of factors.

Mission 2 grade = 50% - I did a lot better at doing something active on off days - just not always.

Mission 3 grade = 90% - I stuck almost exactly to this with the exception of 2 days

Life Quest = abandoned for the time being -- will pick that back up later. 

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines