• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Horchata is amazing, where are you from that you have not had it before?!?!  Go to a Mexican restaurant and order some asap, thank me later.  It probably doesn't meet your quest goals, i think it has a lot of sugar in it. 

Also, don't use tequila, that will taste awful....

White Russian = Milk/Kahlua/Vodka

Mexican White Russian = Horchata/Kahlua/Vodka

Massachusetts! I'll get right one it.

holy cow i joined fitocracy and it's kinda crazy.  been logging my workouts on their for 3 days now and i have about 10million message notifications.  it's cool, but a little overwhelming.

I looked at that site once and decided MyFitnessPal and NF was enough for one person to handle. My work productivity is just where it needs to be and adding an extra distraction would definitely hurt my prospects of a raise.

Massachusetts! I'll get right one it.

I looked at that site once and decided MyFitnessPal and NF was enough for one person to handle. My work productivity is just where it needs to be and adding an extra distraction would definitely hurt my prospects of a raise.

ya fitocracy seems like a great idea, i'll see if it sticks :)

quest update

positive:
did incline dumbell bench press this morning before work (also deadlifts and dips)
ate paleo
pre-cooked a bunch of chicken for the next couple days

negative:
:ph34r:

side quests:
no food after 9 and no tv past 10, success

goals for today and tomorrow:
eat paleo
probably no squats tomorrow, thursday instead
i plan on doing yoga wednesday morning

here is the best pic from the big basin hike (the faces of friends have been blurred to protect the innocent)

That is a sweet looking hike! 

Was a total creeper and checked out your Fitocracy accnt- very awesome job! 

negative:

:fox:

I love the emos that you do for the negative, but am being brainless on what they represent. Mind sharing?

And, you are sailing this thing! :encouragement:

I love the emos that you do for the negative, but am being brainless on what they represent. Mind sharing?

And, you are sailing this thing! :encouragement:

if i don't have a negative for that day, then i just put a smiley of some sort...no rhyme or reason  :saturn:

and thanks, being paleo is the hardest goal i set, the other 2 main goals could be done in 1/2 hour one day per week.  i should probably make my goals a little more challenging next time.

That is a sweet looking hike! 

Was a total creeper and checked out your Fitocracy accnt- very awesome job! 

thanks, it was fun!

i just followed you on fitocracy, or fito as everyone on there calls it (i guess...).  no creepiness!

if i don't have a negative for that day, then i just put a smiley of some sort...no rhyme or reason  :saturn:

Awww.... a man after my own heart! lol :love_heart:

But, it's also good to know that when I see the emo it means you had a good day! ;)

and thanks, being paleo is the hardest goal i set, the other 2 main goals could be done in 1/2 hour one day per week.  i should probably make my goals a little more challenging next time.

Dietary stuff has been my hardest part, too. I switched to Vegan a year ago as an experiment, with pre and post blood tests. Between the numbers and how I felt, I kept it up.

Except chocolate and cookies. Those will require a DWD of a higher level to conquer.

Dietary stuff has been my hardest part, too. I switched to Vegan a year ago as an experiment, with pre and post blood tests. Between the numbers and how I felt, I kept it up.

Except chocolate and cookies. Those will require a DWD of a higher level to conquer.

agreed, this paleo thing takes time everyday that i used to just use to go to a restaurant or eat some sort of unhealthy snack.  i've been good on the challenge with no sweets, but i'm definitely gonna have some when this is done!

Hey, been outa town for a bit. Dropping by to say sup? 

welcome back!  hope the trip was good :)

Just stumbled across your thread; sounds like you're rocking this challenge! Good luck going into the last week!

thanks, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  good luck to you as well!

quest update

positive:

still eating paleo!  made some awesome paleo pancakes for breakfast (4 egg whites/1banana/scoop almond meal, topped with heated raspberries).  they were really good.

did yoga this morning, feeling excellent.

negative:

messed up on my side quest (don't eat after 9pm). got home at 9pm from a fantasy football draft and i was starving.  ate a bunch of almond butter....whoops.  i am definitely going to work in a grading system to my next challenge so that i can measure my success.

i may go to the gym after work today, if i don't go today i will go tomorrow morning

eat paleo, i will probably have paleo pancakes again tomorrow morning.

quest update

positive:

still eating paleo!  made some awesome paleo pancakes for breakfast (4 egg whites/1banana/scoop almond meal, topped with heated raspberries).  they were really good.

did yoga this morning, feeling excellent.

negative:

messed up on my side quest (don't eat after 9pm). got home at 9pm from a fantasy football draft and i was starving.  ate a bunch of almond butter....whoops.  i am definitely going to work in a grading system to my next challenge so that i can measure my success.

i may go to the gym after work today, if i don't go today i will go tomorrow morning

eat paleo, i will probably have paleo pancakes again tomorrow morning.

nice! I've never done the paleo pancakes but all the recipes I've seen look awesome. I try to stay away from fruit and flour though - boo.

jeez yoga and pancakes on a friday morning? that's the kind of morning I need.

I didn't do a great grading system my first challenge either - had to get a feel for what everyone else was doing and ask for some feedback but I'm real glad I put one in now.

Is almond meal usually pretty easy to get or is it something I might have to special order? I think that would definitely help the texture of the ones I fixed.

Sorry to see the loss of the emo on the side goal, but maybe you needed the protein??

Sounds like a goo day! ^_^

Is almond meal usually pretty easy to get or is it something I might have to special order? I think that would definitely help the texture of the ones I fixed.

Sorry to see the loss of the emo on the side goal, but maybe you needed the protein??

Sounds like a goo day! ^_^

when i first started paleo i was making my own almond milk, and the remainder was almond meal.  so i have a bunch left over in my freezer.  but i have seen almond meal at the grocery store, it's not a special order.

back on the side quests today!

I enjoy your perspective on the food. I am enjoying my almond butter from Trader Joe's, but it isn't as awesome (said sweet) as Justin's. That is good. It also gets stuck on the way down, so I am not as interested in eating it spoon after spoon. It's still awesome, but not dangerous for my Paleo restrictions. I am also looking forward to eating some sweet stuff after this challenge. I am hoping I don't just go crazy. I suspect the taste of full-on sugar is going to shock me.

As a food alternative- I saw a cool idea for sandwich buns on thefatburningman.com. Sweet potato slices, browned- maybe a little labor intensive, but it looks awesome. If you've made your own almond milk this recipe might be nothing for you.

Any adventures planned this weekend?

when i first started paleo i was making my own almond milk, and the remainder was almond meal.  so i have a bunch left over in my freezer.  but i have seen almond meal at the grocery store, it's not a special order.

back on the side quests today!

Hey, thanks on that link. Looks pretty simple! Probably more cost efficient as well.

Yeah on getting the emo back!! :triumphant:

I enjoy your perspective on the food. I am enjoying my almond butter from Trader Joe's, but it isn't as awesome (said sweet) as Justin's. That is good. It also gets stuck on the way down, so I am not as interested in eating it spoon after spoon. It's still awesome, but not dangerous for my Paleo restrictions. I am also looking forward to eating some sweet stuff after this challenge. I am hoping I don't just go crazy. I suspect the taste of full-on sugar is going to shock me.

As a food alternative- I saw a cool idea for sandwich buns on thefatburningman.com. Sweet potato slices, browned- maybe a little labor intensive, but it looks awesome. If you've made your own almond milk this recipe might be nothing for you.

i've tried to make some cauliflower tortillas before, it took forever and turned out poorly.  i always want to try new things though so maybe i'll try that sandwich bun.

No big adventure this weekend, a couple mini adventures of dinners with friends etc.

Hey, thanks on that link. Looks pretty simple! Probably more cost efficient as well.

Yeah on getting the emo back!! :triumphant:

:playful:

long weekend quest update

positive:

went to the gym friday and saturday, rested on sunday

ate paleo, on friday night went out to dinner with some new friends and had to explain paleo.  i got a hard time from them, but no real problem staying the course.

negative:

:teapot:

so one week left in the challenge,  i just have to eat paleo the rest of this week and do my squats and incline press.

no plans in the afternoon today besides cleaning my ridiculously messy room, so i may hit up the gym for some chest-incline press, squats, maybe some bed bath and beyond.  i don't know if i'll have time ;)

Yeah on emos!!

And, hitting the gym, and bed, bath and beyond, and finishing this thing strong!

And pft on people giving you a hard time cause you stayed on course! ^_^

quest update

positive:

i did my incline bench yesterday, i did my last set on the 80lb dumbbells, 2 reps!  6 weeks of incline press = increased strength.

still paleo

negative:

:snowman:

i'm going to lift at lunch, but probably wait to squat until wednesday or thursday

continue to eat paleo

Whoo Hoo on the strength increase!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

And emos on the negative makes Ash happy! ^_^

Warm wishes on your day Nick! ;)

That is such an awesome idea on buns! 

Great job this week, Nick! Hope you have a great week 6.