Kort's Continued Adventure! (2st Challenge)

Kort

I am way liking this new format! It may take me a bit to master since I just got the last one, but I'll get there!

My Main Quest:

To lose weight and be able to say I am officially in my healthy BMI range. (Should I become more assassin like while I am doing this main quest, even better!)

These goals are related to my Main Quest:

1) 150 minutes of exercise per week with 10,000 steps on off days.  (3STA 3DEX) The grading scale will be a 94% and ^ as an A, 93-85=B, 84-75=C.  

2) Wake Up by 6:30/7 am every day.  This will hopefully allow me more time in my day to get things done (AKA. exercising) and start to prepare me for my new job where I will be at work by 7am every morning. (3WIS)

3) Celebrate both Wheatless Wednesdays and add 1 fruit or vegetable to every meal.  I was originally only going to do Wheatless Wednesdays, but then I realized that is only 6 days of work the whole challenge. Way too easy. (2CON)

Life Quest for this challenge:

To take pity on my poor parents and jumpstart the process of becoming a 'real' big kid.

1) Limit my stuff to only 1 room in my parents house before I move at the end of the challenge.  Considering I currently have stuff in every room of the house from my last move, I feel it is only fair to contain myself to the bedroom they keep for me on visits and actually have everything organized. (4WIS).  This is an all or nothing kind of goal.

This challenge I will be adding more to my weekly updates.  I have recently discovered a love for photography and will be adding pictures to this challenge.  They probably won't be of me (I'm not real good at that whole selfie thing) but of various things related to my successes and obstacles throughout the challenges.

Any suggestions or ideas for how I can make these goals better? On the last challenge some of my best solutions came from other people! Also, if I am doing this new format wrong, please call me out on it.

Best of luck to everyone for this challenge!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

STR-3.2, DEX-3, STA-2.2, CON-8, WIS-2, CHA-2

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." - Danny Kaye

Challenges! 1  2  Current   Intro

Hey Kort! I'm pretty excited about the new challenge too, it will take some getting used to, but it seems pretty fun! You've got a really good set of goals, and I can relate to your life quest as I will be moving out of my parents house at the end of this challenge as well. Good luck with everything! :D

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

I could do with setting my alarm a bit earlier, but I love my bed to much! 

Great goals, nicely defined :) I love the idea of doing a 'photo journal' of the challenge, sounds like a good way to keep yourself motivated!

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

This format is taking a while to get use to, but I like it I had a skyrim flash as I reading the original article.  You're goals are well organized, and solid.  The photo journal sounds interesting, and will be a good motivator! Can't wait to see your progress!

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

End of week one for me!

As always, week 1 was a week of adjustments and obstacles, but in general everything went pretty well.

Goal 1: Considering the very first thing I did this week was lose my pedometer, goal 1 had to be a little bit adapted.  I got my 150 minutes of exercise in but it was difficult to determine number of steps.  My basic goal turned into: did I go to bed having felt I actually did some moving today or did I do my usual of sitting on the computer all day.  All things considered I will call goal 1 a success for the week with opportunities to double my numbers next week.

Goal 2: Kind of a complete fail.  I woke up within my goal time frame twice the whole week.  However, I knew this was going to be a tough one the first week since it is recommended to build up to waking up early.  The two days I did wake up early were great as far as increased energy and longer days!

Goal 3: Super easy for most of the week, but ran into some problems when I went out on 'Girls Day.'  In general, I was still pretty successful as far as adding fresh produce to every meal but 1 the whole week and not be able to accomplish wheatless Wednesday but going wheatless Monday and Tuesday to cover it.

And now time for a giant picture of the obstacle facing my life quest:

bb974107-87f2-46b4-8463-1bd60eb63709_zps

Look a little overwhelming? Yea, to me too! However, I started today on cleaning and organizing and have already made a huge dent of awesomeness in the clutter that is my worldly possessions.  :)

Another awesome picture real quick:

IMG_1026_zpse2a7b7ce.jpg

Best exercise partner ever!  I pet-sat this week for a friend and I forgot how energetic puppies really are.  Daisy is still definitely a puppy and we had a whole farm to play and run on!

Hope everyone else's week went just as well!  If anyone has tips and tricks for how to get up earlier and actually get out of bed when the alarm goes off, please send them this way! :)

Adventure on friends!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

Such a cute puppy! I always find it easier to run and jump when I have a dog to keep me company :)

That does look like quite a challenge to organise, but congrats on making a start! You'll have it under control in no-time.

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

So I have no pictures from this week, nor did I really make any progress on the life quest of organizing my room; however, I did go to 

THE IOWA STATE FAIR!!  

For those of you whom have never had the joy of the Iowa State Fair, it is amazing, awesome, wonderfulness all wrapped into 12 jam-packed days of food that are fried and put on sticks.

It also involves walking, miles and miles of walking.  So I did phenomenal on my exercise goal of the week.  Relatively, I also did quite well on my fruits and veggies goal.  While fresh food can be difficult to find at the Fair, it is possible.  I only failed goal 3 twice, which considering I was at the home of all things fried, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I even sort of did okay with mission goal 2.  Since I helped staff a building for several days, I was not only awake before my time goal of 6:30-7 am; I was already at work by 7 am almost every morning.

But alas, my time at the Fair is over and I am back at the daily grind of work and moving prep.  So wish me luck as I try to find someway to keep the exercise moving and the mornings early!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

My alarm clock is across my room, I have to get out of bed to put it in sleep or off mode. Sounds like you are doing quite well in your challenges, and good luck with the room. I know that feeling.

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Oh goodness. So Week 3 has come and gone, which I did not realize at all until today!  Unfortunately, my update will have to be shortish (AKA no pictures) since life went berserk this week.  In a short amount of time, hordes of family members will be descending upon my home due to a family member taking a turn for the worse and my house being Family HQ for all extended family members.

G1: I am definitely getting my 10,000 steps in every day! Because I am spending the majority of my days packing for my move I am not only getting in a lot of steps, the majority of those steps are happening on stairs. Yay!  I only was able to actually do a set workout on 2 days, so I'm going to have to work to improve that this week around family obligations.

G2: I only woke up in my goal timeframe 1 time this whole week! For some reason, my schedule was completely turned around this week and I would be going to bed at 5am and getting up at 11am.  Definitely doing to have to rearrange that for next week.  I realize it is only halfway through the challenge, but I feel like this goal is going to have to be a repeat for next time.

G3: This goal is going phenomenally!  I am increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables, not only with every meal, but also as snacks.  This week my doctor put me on a lactose-free diet as a test, so I am having to substitute my normal snacks with fruit.  Also as a lover of all things cheese, I am learning that every time I would use cheese on something I am putting vegetables and seasonings instead!  It's been a rough couple of days, but I'm working on it.

LQ: I am so freaking proud of this goal!  While I still have a lot of stuff in the basement, most of that will be moving with me in a couple of weeks so I am not as worried about those items.  However, in my room, not only can you see the bed, I am currently sleeping in it!  My room is almost completely cleaned and organized; as soon as things settle down here I will be posting pictures of my new organization strategies and my super clean, super organized room!

Hope everyone is having a great challenge so far and let's rock it the next few weeks!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

So, I dropped off the face of the Earth real bad this time.  Just doing a quick update: since everything went to heck in a hand basket with my grandma being unconscious more than she is conscious and moving and starting a new jobs, I'm tabling the challenge for the moment.  I'm hoping that by tabling this challenge and getting in the right mindset for the next one, I can be more on the ball.

However, just so everyone knows, I did accomplish goal 2 and my life quest.  I am currently across the country from my LQ but I will hopefully be uploading a picture of that soon just so everyone who is sorta following this can see how clean and wonderful my room looks. :)

Thanks everyone for the support!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines