cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

Hey, life's all rainbows and unicorns! Sweet! :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

The key is clean paleo eating and when I carb, clean paleo friendly carbs in limited amounts.  I'm great with a tight control on food so this is cause for a huge happy.

If that's the key, then you definitely got this!

And then I thought of jstanlick and Mark Sisson.  And decided these men are brilliant.

Wait, what'd I do? I've been called many things over the years, but brilliant doesn't make any kind of regular appearance.

Speaking of Mark, I was reading his post on slacklining yesterday and the pictures on the MDA header switched over to 3 of him on the line without a shirt on. Dude turned 60 a few weeks ago and he looks more ripped than 99% of the world. Now that guy's got it figure out.

And then I asked coach if people hug him all day everyday because he is that wonderful. 

And then I skipped lunch b/c I wasn't hungry and I'm tired of eating all the time and I'm just kind of done with worrying about it.  And I didn't care that I skipped lunch.  And I'm happy!!!!!  And I will not eat 2200 calories today and I will not have 200g of carbs and I lifted heavy and I'll run tomorrow and I might even frolic!

Frolic and running? With a sandy beach and a bar? Sooooo jealous!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Yay! I like the eat what your body tells you to plan. I haven't been tracking calories or trying to hit numbers for anything, not even protein, and am just eating. Last week I skipped breakfast twice because I wasn't hungry in the morning. This week I was, so I ate it. Weight has been pretty stable for about two months. Life is pretty good.

Yes those are my feet in the sand and that may or may not be my little red rake.

zabavyja.jpg

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

That's just cruel!!!

Actually - where the fuck is this? I want to go!!

*this post sponsored by Chardonnay

Jersey shore mofo. Yeah it is. Live music, surfers, sand, broccoli (Yeah that happened). Best place on this northeast coast. Down at our cape.

Btw, they show baseball here too.

My God the magic never ends.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Work hard; play hard; be inspirational in all areas of life.   :playful:

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

4mi trail run 34:15.

Am very pleased bc

1. I'm usually a lot slower on trails but today was same as my pavement time.

2. I was 16 hours fully fasted bc spousal unit didn't want breakfast. I effing hate running wo eating. Thought I'd die in 3 rd mi.

3. I almost ate a monarch butterfly but successfully avoided that

4. Run included a full on 50yd sprint at mi 2.25

5. Furthest Run since knee surgery

Breakfast beckons now (18 hours fasted now). And I don't have to eat carbs. Lol

I AM going the distance

None of the bits of beach down the shore where I went had a fire pit....

Most don't. It's why I love this place

I AM going the distance

3. I almost ate a monarch butterfly but successfully avoided that

I almost stepped on a snake out on the prairie trail today.  They make life interesting!

(Good run!!)

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Ha! Spousal unit saw a snake today. I was running, he was not so I didn't see it. Saw a bunch of dolphins close to shore. Saw osprey, herons, swans, geese, mallards, plovers

I AM going the distance

Ha! Spousal unit saw a snake today. I was running, he was not so I didn't see it. Saw a bunch of dolphins close to shore. Saw osprey, herons, swans, geese, mallards, plovers

Oh, wow.  I'm melting in envy.  I miss running by a big body of water!.  You don't see dolphins in Lake Superior, but the the eagles and loons ..... and big ships ..... are reward and incentive for running the Lakewalk.  Moving back home is on the bucket list now.  We might make it for retirement, but we will do it.

Some kind of Jedi .....

Just caught up on your thread as I'm packing up on last day if vacation (booo), and the turnaround in mood/attitude on your diet is awesome. Glad you got some good advice from coach! And yes, I hate that MFP is only geared towards weight loss and nothing else.

Very jealous of the beach firepit.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

Just caught up on your thread as I'm packing up on last day if vacation (booo), and the turnaround in mood/attitude on your diet is awesome. Glad you got some good advice from coach! And yes, I hate that MFP is only geared towards weight loss and nothing else.

Very jealous of the beach firepit.

Yeah so the diet advice is key: clean diet of mostly meat and veggies, carbs are healthy paleo friendly carbs and I decide when and how much. This is good bc I can go back to eating the way I was eating. And it still reaffirms that I don't have to load up on crap to gain. Or shovel food in to make gains. I'm really happy about this. And I trust him. And I've seen him - we could all only wish to look as good. And I know how he is working with women who win. Yea!!!

The beach in its entirety is awesome.

I AM going the distance

I started today w another fasted workout. Weights are much easier for me fasted. Plus this fast was only about 13-14 hours overnight so not as bad.

Today was typical heavy Sunday of all 3 lifts w hamstring assistance work.

Squats were heavy w working up to 100% my working 1 RM. well well that went so incredibly well that I repped my 1RM. HOOYAH! Damn was I happy. This was really good. The first 100% was amazing - nice and deep and it went right back up. Awesome. I've really been working hard on this.

BP worked up to repping sets at 85% which is kind of typical for Sunday. Got to do touch n go DL at 70% for 3x12 speed was great on these and left me feeling the cardio aspect here. Lol. Assistance work.

Lounging on the beach reading.

I read about MMA but not sure that counts as footwork... Lol

I AM going the distance

So much awesome in this post! 1 RM for reps!!! WOOOOT! And lounging on the beach, even better!!!

Until I get to my Muay Thai update, I offer this

Ice, cider and

http://apocalypsebarbell.blogspot.com/2013/08/muscle-mags.html

I AM going the distance

Muay Thai last night. 

I went back to low carb yesterday (thank goodness and praise the food gods).  But as luck would have it, we had an absolutely exhausting class.  And I went with almost no snacks - a few baby carrots about an hour before class was it. 

Gone were my afternoon snacks to get in all my carbs and protein and calories, gone was my creepy carb drink (for carbs and calories), gone was my protein drink.  

I ate three meals, had my baby carrots, and even drank a cider with dinner. 

1480 calories, 80g carb <- mostly veg and some from the cider (and I think I calculated dinner wrong but whatever, I did the best I could for the dish - it was beef stuffed with veg and cooked in homemade marinara  I think the carbs came from the carrots, peppers and onions it was stuffed with).  I was a happy, happy girl yesterday.  Easing back on the carbs more today and hoping to be very low again by the weekend. 

And guess what?  It did not affect my performance or endurance at all in an exhausting class.  Not one bit. 

On to class!  When you complete a body kick, you either make contact, miss, get avoided, or get blocked.  (btw, I effing love body kicks).  One way to block your opponent is to grab a hold of that person's leg while they kick you.  For the kickee, this gets control of the leg and you can pull your opponent down to the mat.  For the kicker, this can give you leverage (you can use the advantage of the other person's body - you hop on your one leg, but you are steady from their positioning) and it gives you an opening b/c if their hand is down on your leg - that's right - it ain't guarding.  BAM!

So we learned how to punch from the leg hold.  Imagine you throw a body kick, your opponent now has your leg trapped with his arm and hand against his body, you have to hop on that one foot and swing punches.  SWEET.  THEN for the advanced students, we could crank out of the leg hold and down into a clinch followed by a knee.  wheeee.  I worked with one of my favorite partners. 

We did a bunch of leg and kicking drills!  SQUEE head kicks.  then we worked into the combos and the rounds.  and this is when shit got real fun.

Non-stop, high energy, 100% balls to the wall pad hitting with combos and reaction drills and using the body kicks and punches combos for 3 minutes no stopping with last 30 sec hitting and kicking or push up sprints, 30 sec break and repeat for a total of 3 times.  10 minutes of nearly non-stop 100% effort.  The goal was to exhaust your partner.  Panting.  Panting.  While we were switching up equipment, we got a lecture from coach b/c some people were not 100%.  Partner and me?  100%  We totally busted our asses to the point of having to put our hands up to breathe on the break or bending over in that "omg wtf did I just do?" bent over gasping for air position. 

Panting panting panting.

I love fighting muay thai.  I need more training. 

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines