cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

Don't go outside... don't do it.  It's what hell must be like except a bit hotter.  I envision hell as a humid place.

Of course it is, because a dry heat at 160 degrees is tolerable. It's the humidity that makes it suck. At least that's what my friends in Arizona tell me.  :tongue:

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I should have heeded this. MFers...

Yes, yes you should have.  But picture this... hell is hot and humid Philly on public transit <- where I'm headed in 5.  boooooo

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Hot, humid mixed with public transit? Eep! No thanks.

But, this seems so appropriate now :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

That was one of those posts (and there are many) where I finish it and I'm all, "One day, that'll be me. But gayer." And I go do some push-ups and wall sits. 

all of the LULZ.

also, cline, MFP is an asshat.

also, i <3 you.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

That was one of those posts (and there are many) where I finish it and I'm all, "One day, that'll be me. But gayer." And I go do some push-ups and wall sits. 

all of the LULZ.

also, cline, MFP is an asshat.

also, i <3 you.

Huzzah you are back! MFP is an asshat and my new goal is to make it implode.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

We have a wee little plot.  Maybe 10x6.  Control weeds with salt hay.  Water probably 1x week if necessary.  Otherwise, that's about it.  It's super easy.  Turning the soil is easy with the garden weasel (woot woot) and putting the bed to sleep for the winter is easy.  It's not bad.  I grow a bunch in that little space.  Very little weeding. 

awwww.... don't hate on the gardening.  Done right, it's maybe 1 hr a week. 

Amen!!  I do container gardening mostly.  Very easy.  We got a TON of cherry tomatoes (which I eat much better than regular tomatoes) and more basil than I know how to use.  When I'm crazy and do in-ground gardening, I just figure it's an extra bit of workout - real functional fitness.  

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

We got a TON of rain yesterday so I anticipate many more pounds of squash by week's end.  My squash over grew my neighbor's plot and we had to hack it off.  Very sad. 

I think we are close to the end of the season.  I prefer to fall/winter garden but spousal unit doesn't want to.  Boo him.  It's a great time to grow spinach and kale b/c normally we have a horrible harlequin bug problem.  But the cool weather keeps them away. 

I AM going the distance

Last night - Muay Thai!!!  woot woot.

I'm going to start with the...ahem... more colorful part of the evening first.  I had a great partner.  Awesome actually.  Except he takes sweaty to an extreme. OMG.  He swings a punch and the sweat flies off his body and all over everything - the mat was a puddle (literally, he slipped), his sweat was flying (literally), and his sweat flew all over me - in my face, my eyes, my mouth (mouth guards make everyone mouth breathers, it's ugly). 

and then... I got home and got changed to go to the pub (no real shower, just some wipes and well, called it good enough b/c I wasn't horrendously stinky).  I announced to spousal unit I would test as the baby daddy to any child my partner fathered b/c I had so much of his DNA in my now.  Spousal unit accepts this. 

and then... at the pub spousal unit asks "did you get punched in the eye?" and not with alarm or surprise, just like "did you pick up the mail?".  Oh no... that was just a bit of dirt from the mats.

and then... we get home and my cat has gone excessively cuddly.  So I pick him up and I'm laying with him on the couch - he's on my chest.  And yes.... he's drooling he's so happy.  On me.  He's drooling on my and shakes it all over my face. 

So now I would test positive as the feline baby daddy of my partner's children.  It has to be one of the most moistest evenings I've ever had. 

I AM going the distance

Muay Thai!

We worked punch kick combos for reaction - no rest, no pause.  Then we worked slip, punch, kick combos.  And our last combo concluded with superman punches.  saweeet.

Final combo was slip the cross, rear leg kick, slip the punch, cross, left hook, rear leg kick, rear body kick, guard for two punches, return with cross, left uppercut, cross, left hook, left superman punch, rear leg kick.  whew.  SWEAT EVERYWHERE!

Then, even though I was actually exhausted and the drills had fried our arms, I decided to stay for sparring.  Luckily, we were all tanked but sparring is soooooo hard - especially since I'd done all this shoulder work the night before at the gym.  ACK!  But I hung in there and sparred four 5 min rounds.  They were not the best but I did it.

Oh and I popped my partner so hard 2x that she had to stop and collect herself.  I totally rang her bell.

Ding ding. 

I AM going the distance

and because he's all kinds of smart and stuff, I share this today but only b/c I love you rangers and I want you to be better

stuff I have learned, part one

I AM going the distance

who makes a salad that is about 3-4 cups of lettuce w a wee tiny bit of turkey, an equal amount of cheese, and a bit of dried fruit.  BLAH!  Seriously, about 3oz of turkey.  Luckily the place had these awesome mini salamis and I bought and ate one.  I found some tomatoes there too.  Boo.  I need more leftovers.   Lunch sadness. 

But the good thing is MFP will probably alert me that I need CPR and that I'm gaining 10lbs just today.  *sigh*

And for all that is brilliant in life, check out T Nation today.  Two great articles.  and if you ever wonder why I waste time on assistance work, you'll know.  SQUEEEEEEE

not only is tonight a heavy lifting night, but it's also curls night.  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Hoping for a curl-off w da bros.

I AM going the distance

lots of people make that kind of salad.

They are not smart people.

MFP will not alert you because you won't click that stupid freaking button.

Good articles.  And, I just got lost in T-Nation for a bit.

All of this. I think the reason why most people don't like salads is because they makes salads like that one. Who wants to eat that?

Don't push the button! Don't push the button!

It's damn easy to get lost on that site, isn't it? I've even setup the RSS feed so I can waste time as soon as new articles are available.

lots of people make that kind of salad.

They are not smart people.

I prefer a "salad" of raw veg and meat.  Not kidding - just chop up raw veg and toss in meat.  I don't understand lettuce. 

MFP will not alert you because you won't click that stupid freaking button.

Every damn night I push that button.

I am, alas, the Desmond Hume of MFP.  And I have supernatural abilities just like Desmond, brother.

(and if you know what I'm talking about +1000000 cool points and +10 more if you read the last sentence above with the right accent)

Good articles.  And, I just got lost in T-Nation for a bit.

Embrace the time suck. 

It would help if you threw in a few assistance exercises whilst reading it.  MOAR productivity.

I AM going the distance

All of this. I think the reason why most people don't like salads is because they makes salads like that one. Who wants to eat that?

Don't push the button! Don't push the button!

It's damn easy to get lost on that site, isn't it? I've even setup the RSS feed so I can waste time as soon as new articles are available.

ha ha ha ha RSS feed! I'm going to turn all of you into a subgroup of testosterone driven rangers.  YES!  WIN! 

We have to figure out how we can have a meet up someday.  It would be epic.

I AM going the distance

Every damn night I push that button.

I am, alas, the Desmond Hume of MFP.  And I have supernatural abilities just like Desmond, brother.

(and if you know what I'm talking about +1000000 cool points and +10 more if you read the last sentence above with the right accent)

Of freaking course I knew who that was.  And of freaking course I read it in his accent!

desmond.jpg

Damn, I miss that show.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

1933 cal for day, 76g carb all from veg and 1 glass wine w dinner, 186g protein. Woot.

I'm just going to say this: buffalo steak for dinner. Haters gonna hate.

I AM going the distance

Of freaking course I knew who that was. And of freaking course I read it in his accent!

Damn, I miss that show.

Yeah it was good. The first season killed it.

And you are awesome for reading it in the accent, brother. I am your constant.

And I admit, I pushed the button tonight. But think of all the calamities I prevented. I protected nerds everywhere by punching the button.

MFP had sent out a distress call on my behalf and is sending me instructions on self CPR.

Oh and I love that you knew Desmond so fast. We would be dangerous together.

I AM going the distance

Tonight was squats for weight and for volume

All done in the rack in the back room.

Pulling 95% my working max for 14 reps

And from there the program had me going down in steps

Until I'd pulled a total of 58

And every set and rep was feeling great.

I finished with 60 curls of the biceps

Wherein I lifted 25 for 3x15 without defects.

I finished the last set at only 20

And believe you me, that was plenty.

I strolled 2 mi home with the spouse

For dinner home cooked at our brick house.

You are welcome.

I AM going the distance

Of freaking course I knew who that was.  And of freaking course I read it in his accent!

desmond.jpg

Damn, I miss that show.

I gotta admit, I was not a big fan. I had to work too hard to watch that show because once you missed an episode, you were lost as well. It would take weeks of cleaning out the DVR to get caught up again because I had to go back to pick up that little tidbit of knowledge I didn't pay attention to the first time around two episodes ago. My brain ain't got much left by that time at night. Paying attention to details is right out.

Tonight was squats for weight and for volume All done in the rack in the back room. Pulling 95% my working max for 14 reps And from there the program had me going down in steps Until I'd pulled a total of 58 And every set and rep was feeling great. I finished with 60 curls of the biceps Wherein I lifted 25 for 3x15 without defects. I finished the last set at only 20 And believe you me, that was plenty. I strolled 2 mi home with the spouse For dinner home cooked at our brick house. You are welcome.

Squats for volume...fun! 95% of max for 14 reps...feel the awesome!

Your welcome? For dropping that last phrase & sticking the ear worm of "brick house" in my head!?! Oye!!

Just an ear worm? Okay, how 'bout some visuals? :P

Your welcome? For dropping that last phrase & sticking the ear worm of "brick house" in my head!?! Oye!!

Stupid ipad.  That was a training poem and now it's all jacked.  I fixed it.

An awesome remix of Brick House is on one of my playlists.  I do declare that might be my walk out song some day. 

I AM going the distance

I gotta admit, I was not a big fan. I had to work too hard to watch that show because once you missed an episode, you were lost as well. It would take weeks of cleaning out the DVR to get caught up again because I had to go back to pick up that little tidbit of knowledge I didn't pay attention to the first time around two episodes ago. My brain ain't got much left by that time at night. Paying attention to details is right out.

Squats for volume...fun! 95% of max for 14 reps...feel the awesome!

Just an ear worm? Okay, how 'bout some visuals? :tongue:

Man, I love brainy shows - remember Twin Peaks?

I love DL for volume and that when I saw my program of 14 reps at 95% I didn't freak at all not even a little (I have some new mantras)

And I FREAKIN LUV funk ear worms.  I love funk.  See post above for an even funkier funk. 

But okay my other walk out song would be this (and yeah I jam this when I walk into the weight room - bros watch out)

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines