cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

I am living in a fantasy now b/c work is horrid for the time being.  So in my fantasy I get to look at stuff on the interwebs to entertain and better myself.

First, I read this very interesting post on today's MDA about being gluten free.  It, as expected, is full of WIN.  Mark has such a great way of approaching things.  And then I reflected on going back to very low carb and how happy I am here.  and Oh look.... my muscles haven't withered away and I some how still manage to pull it together enough to rep heavy weight.  LOL.

Second, spousal unit and I talk about our time with K Starr fondly.  and yeah, we talk about it all the time.  Why? because we are always talking about duck feet.  So I looked up K Starr and duck feet and now share with you why you shouldn't be walking with duck feet.  STOP it!  (note:  he called out everybody all the time for duck feet - stop and look at your feet - you have duck feet!)  If you need a challenge, this is it.

Third, I just saw this in the local news.  I can only hope - oh please oh please oh please - the series is called Chalk b/c you all know I like my chalk and I like to LeBron it.  LeBron will be way easier to stalk than those Phillies guys I stalk.... err.... I mean support as a fan.  But I'd have to hustle to the film shoot to stalk him.  It would be worth it. 

Speaking of stalking, I had to go get something across campus and managed to turn it into a 1 mi stalk..... errrr.... random walk past the places where some Phillies might live in the hopes that I see them (I did not).  But I did have to carry my large awkward package the whole time and I had to climb up/down 7 flights of stairs b/c elevator was out.  sweet.  I felt better.

debating  a run instead of sparring after muay thai tonight.  My forearms are shot from the past several days of lifting. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

The way my day ended yesterday... I was very close to doing the same.  Especially when the trivia started up.... But, we were good and went home instead.

Boooooooo work suckage. Glad you were able to get out of the office for awhile, at least

Yup.... looking grim today.

Recent example: 

I printed a draft of something for a big meeting and explained I don't have the final proof yet b/c it was going to the printer after the author okay'd it - which was probably today (note - see above for more detail on the author).  Person was unhappy and made a face.  I put a sticky note on the draft noting I'd replace with the proof once I had it.  Time passes... I get the proof, print it and take it the the person for the big meeting (which is next week and we're talking one page here).  I go back to my office.  10 min later he comes buy.  And I shit you not says "Can I get rid of this sticky note then?" WTF?????? Me:  do you think you need it?  Him:  Well I don't know  Me:  Well, I can't tell you what to do.  Him:  I'll ask boss. 

my soul is dying. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I have duck feet???

Yes, yes you do.  DUCK FEET

next time you walk down the street or hall, check out all the duck feet.  Check out your duck feet. 

When you are waiting in line, look down - DUCK FEET!  ACK! 

oh and take off all ya'lls damned flip flops.  They make you have duck feet. 

I AM going the distance

Yes, yes you do.  DUCK FEET

next time you walk down the street or hall, check out all the duck feet.  Check out your duck feet. 

When you are waiting in line, look down - DUCK FEET!  ACK! 

oh and take off all ya'lls damned flip flops.  They make you have duck feet. 

But, I don't think I do!  No comprende....

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

But, I don't think I do!  No comprende....

Denial, my friend, is powerful.  Especially when it comes to duck feet.

Are you sitting down?  Look down.  are your feet perfectly aligned like this:  |   | or do they look like \  /  or |  /  or \  |? 

Next time you are waiting in line somewhere think "duck feet!"  and just look down without adjusting - you are probably not standing like |  |  but some variation with a leg turned out. 

I poke spousal unit all the time and say "duck feet!".  Some times I just text him "duck feet".  LOL. 

I AM going the distance

Alright... I definitely have duckfeet when I'm squatting.  And, that's a form issue that I've been trying to work out.  That's coming up in a future challenge is like 100 days of squatting to get that form wrangled in.

Standing around, I certainly do sometimes.  I thought the natural stance is with the feet at a small angle though.

I don't think that I walk with duck feet.  And, I certainly don't think I run with duck feet.  Dammit!  I'm going to need a video analyzation, aren't I?

Alright... I definitely have duckfeet when I'm squatting.  And, that's a form issue that I've been trying to work out.  That's coming up in a future challenge is like 100 days of squatting to get that form wrangled in.

Standing around, I certainly do sometimes.  I thought the natural stance is with the feet at a small angle though.

I don't think that I walk with duck feet.  And, I certainly don't think I run with duck feet.  Dammit!  I'm going to need a video analyzation, aren't I?

You might not run with duck feet since you are an attentive runner.  But man watch the people you see.  DUCK feet everywhere!  I'm really attentive to it now. And after taking a running seminar.  *sigh* 

see?  thanks to my thread you can work on duck feet.  feet straight, parallel (like the l's in parallel) and screwed into the ground.  Now I don't squat that way.  That would kill me.  For my squat position versus that of others, I posted a pic in Gainsdalf's thread.   Coach likes a straigher but somewhat turned out stance for me to get depth.  My issue is I'll go wide in stance and just get below parallel in depth.  Narrower stance I get better depth.  KStarr likes the parallel stance for squatting.  Thus, if you inspect the pic you'll see my CF loving spousal unit with a KStar stance.

Also, Brian McKenzie's black arm is annoying and makes me want to slap him.  After which, I'm sure he'd kill me.  But, still.

Ha ha ha - it is weird isn't it?  I kinda want to slap him too.  I HATE that hand/arm running position.  I get it but HATE it.  Actually, if we both slap him, he can only run after one of us and since you are faster, I vote we both slap him, I'll elbow him and body kick him to get you a head start and then you run for the hills man!

I AM going the distance

All those feet.  I feel like I know you all now!

Apparently, I didn't get to the hand/arm running position portion of those videos.  It was driving me nuts in the first video that they were talking about feet - and the camera idiot was not showing them.

So much work suckage, sucks. Sorry everyone is going through all that. Tequila shots for everyone! No, wait, that doesn't make it go away...squats for everyone (with or without duck feet)! I know, that doesn't make it go away either, but you'll be better off for it :)

I don't think I have duck feet, more like spaghetti feet. I'm sitting here with my legs bent under the chair, crossed at the ankles on my toes which are pointed to the inside. I've never seen a duck do that before :P (Ha, it's no wonder I need extra mobility work!)

Lastly, his ink looks more like a dark green to me. But, it's been proven that men don't see color as well as women do, so I could be wrong. Either that or my monitor totally sucks.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Here's Brian MacKenzie's hand/arm position for running - at about the 30s mark

I AM going the distance

last night I trained in Muay Thai. 

After 5 mins of jump rope and then conditioning (jump rope KILLS my knee and it's still my nemesis), we did

5 mins of non-stop kick drills (then held shield for partner for 5 mins), then we worked combo kick/punch/slip drills for the rest of class ending with this combo:  jab, cross, slip the jab, slip the cross, jab, cross, 5 rear body kicks, slip and roll under the jab and cross, return a left hook and a cross, lead leg kick, lead body kick, roll the jab and cross, return a left hook, cross, left uppercut, cross, and end with 5 rear body kicks. 

The thing was.... I was really tired from lifting and work and being busy and my forearms were exhausted from lifting.  AND I really really wanted to be outside b/c it's so beautiful out.  I wanted to run the night before but was lifting and then going out so I wanted to run last night after class but was just too tired.  My allergies are terrible right now and honestly, I'm just tired.  So I didn't stay to spar and I didn't run after class. 

The whole class was a little flat - coach has bad allergies or a cold so he was dragging a bit and the students were flat.  I think we all just wanted to go outside.  heh. 

But we were there and kicked and punched and generally exhausted ourselves. 

And my forearms are still exhausted.

Was telling spousal unit about work last night.  He said "oh I had no idea that stuff was going on" and then offered me a drink. 

More lifting tonight SQUEEEEEEE  and dinner w spousal unit's soon to be ex-boss.  He's a dear friend, has been an amazing boss, and it's all very sad b/c it's a stupid reorg that was not well thought out and executed poorly.  On the up side, he's amazing and will end up doing something amazing but on the down side he was totally screwed by the company for no reason other than someone else's ego in a land far far away.  *sigh*

Also today I have a really good meeting at work and am looking forward to it.  It's work "beyond my scope" and naturally, it's work I love.  So that will get me out of my office box!  Huzzah. 

I AM going the distance

I hear you on the allergies; I was having similar issue yesterday. Allergies + pregnancy = extra blah. Good for you for doing Muay Thai anyway. I did not exercise, but I did get stuff done instead of just collapsing into bed, so I count that as a win.

Glad to hear there will be goodness at work today!!!

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

That arm position is weird.  Why are his palms up?  Just going to pretend that I never saw that.

Glad you have something positive happening today at work after all the suckage!

Sometimes, we are tired.  I certainly was last week!

I hear you on the allergies; I was having similar issue yesterday. Allergies + pregnancy = extra blah. Good for you for doing Muay Thai anyway. I did not exercise, but I did get stuff done instead of just collapsing into bed, so I count that as a win.

Glad to hear there will be goodness at work today!!!

yeah what is it with the allergies?  I know what it is actually, two things:  1) trees here are getting ready to drop leaves and I'm really sensitive to trees and 2) kitteh sitting in the window behind my pillow all morning and sleeping next to my head - and I'm allergic to kitteh. 

Oh and someone gave me a thank you gift at work and it's lovely but it's a yankee candle and I'm so damn allergic it gave me asthma just by smelling it (remember I'm like Desmond Hume I can't help but do these things) and now I'm dying.  going to find someone to give it to because I literally can't breathe with it in my office.  It's outside my office door on the floor right now. 

I AM going the distance

That arm position is weird.  Why are his palms up?  Just going to pretend that I never saw that.

Glad you have something positive happening today at work after all the suckage!

Sometimes, we are tired.  I certainly was last week!

I don't know.  Check out his book sometime.  There is so much win in the book but so much funny looking.  And frankly, when I run I already look pretty funny looking so I don't need to add fuel to that fire. 

Sometimes we are tired.  True true.  This is just a bear of a week and lifting is taking all I've got (SQUEEE) and I've got social stuff every night and I need to be rested to ruck on Saturday.  LOL.  Imma gonna die.

I AM going the distance

You aren't going to die.  You are going to KICK ASS!

Truth!

Also, now I'm checking myself randomly for duck feet, but mine are actually pretty good most of the time. So woot?

Thanks guys.  As far as I can tell from the online group they are all 21 years old and plan on being drunk for the whole thing and think it would all be better if it could suck more.  I'm too damn old for that.  Plus I think it will scare off all the new people who can't/won't commit to a full ruck.  *sigh*  we have a really hard cadre....

And the river they always make people go in - yeah, they just pulled a mutilated body out of it.  *sigh*

I AM going the distance

yeah what is it with the allergies?  I know what it is actually, two things:  1) trees here are getting ready to drop leaves and I'm really sensitive to trees and 2) kitteh sitting in the window behind my pillow all morning and sleeping next to my head - and I'm allergic to kitteh. 

Oh and someone gave me a thank you gift at work and it's lovely but it's a yankee candle and I'm so damn allergic it gave me asthma just by smelling it (remember I'm like Desmond Hume I can't help but do these things) and now I'm dying.  going to find someone to give it to because I literally can't breathe with it in my office.  It's outside my office door on the floor right now. 

My son's allergies are awful right now as well. But, are you sure it was a thank you gift? They aren't trying to off you or something are they? :P

I don't know.  Check out his book sometime.  There is so much win in the book but so much funny looking.  And frankly, when I run I already look pretty funny looking so I don't need to add fuel to that fire. 

Sometimes we are tired.  True true.  This is just a bear of a week and lifting is taking all I've got (SQUEEE) and I've got social stuff every night and I need to be rested to ruck on Saturday.  LOL.  Imma gonna die.

He starts palms up, but as he goes hopping that hand turns to a more neutral position. But, still weird.

Truth!

Seconded! Or maybe it's thirded at this point, but I'm not sure that's a word.

Mutilated bodies make the water nicer.

Plus, when you accidentally swallow some of the water, you get a little extra protein that way :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

GAH!  The soul suck continues at the place that makes me sit in an office box. 

I checked with Chemistry Cat

technically-alcohol-is-a-solution-chemis

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines