cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

Homer agrees:

Sorry the work suck continues. Hang in there! :encouragement:

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

oddly enough, alcohol (copious amounts) was not the solution.  Sheesh.  Total let down and total brain fog and messed up allergies this a.m. thanks to alcohol. 

Spousal unit's boss is in town and has been recently re-org'd out of the company.  It's a terrible decision, very political, poorly done, etc.  Everyone is super upset and so on.  He's in town to transition a lot of his responsibilities to spousal unit.  It's really hard for everyone. 

So, what do you do?  Go out drinking and eating at the best restaurant in town on the company credit card!  Whoo hoo!  (and yeah, it's approved). 

So this involved two cheese plates (I ate very little tastes b/c dairy hates me but man it was good), foie gras (nom nom nom), trout, creamed kale (bad choice - ewwww who puts cheese on kale?  ewww), and 2 desserts (split at the table).  And a ton of wine.  The boys also had sherries or ports and beers later.  Gah!

Today is rough.  Totally dehydrated.  Have resorted to gatorade b/c I'm boxing later and I have to ruck tomorrow.  I need to be well hydrated.  Blah. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

oddly enough, alcohol (copious amounts) was not the solution.

Are you sure you were doing it right? Homer wouldn't lead us astray :tongue:

Spousal unit's boss is in town and has been recently re-org'd out of the company.  It's a terrible decision, very political, poorly done, etc.  Everyone is super upset and so on.  He's in town to transition a lot of his responsibilities to spousal unit.  It's really hard for everyone. 

So, what do you do?  Go out drinking and eating at the best restaurant in town on the company credit card!  Whoo hoo!  (and yeah, it's approved). 

So this involved two cheese plates (I ate very little tastes b/c dairy hates me but man it was good), foie gras (nom nom nom), trout, creamed kale (bad choice - ewwww who puts cheese on kale?  ewww), and 2 desserts (split at the table).  And a ton of wine.  The boys also had sherries or ports and beers later.  Gah!

Today is rough.  Totally dehydrated.  Have resorted to gatorade b/c I'm boxing later and I have to ruck tomorrow.  I need to be well hydrated.  Blah.

The company picked up the tab? Small favor I guess. Did they at least get some really vintage port? Ya know, like the ones that cost $50 or more for a 2 oz. glass? And multiple rounds? Take that stupid company!!

Water, water, water, bacon wrapped steak, water, water, water. Then you'll feel fine :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Yesterday at the gym I was filled with gym anger.  It started with me going to do a bit of a warm up in what I call the ninja room.  It used to be called the "stretching" room but then they took that sign down and put up TRX (hung incorrectly on a wall), 2 pull up bars (one fell out of the wall!  d'oh and the other is too low to the ground), a heavy bag (which has come down twice), and some stand up bags (useless) and some of those funny half man things some people use for martial arts training (we swear they are like the angels in dr who).  And rubber mates - good ones.  Most people still use it as a stretching/warm up space, for jump rope, for body weight training, etc.  BUT I go in yesterday and can't even get into the damned room b/c there is some "fitness" photo shoot of one of the "fitness" "body builders" at the gym and she's not only wearing a terrifying bikini but she's got on a wig and spiked hooker heels - ON THE MAT!!! UGH. 

So then I try to go to the "ab room" (not kidding - there's a sign) where they have a couple of mats - but NOOOO there are boys on them on swiss balls.  wtf?

Then I try another mat area by some machines but there is a girl taking up the whole space using one of these.  Make it stoooooop!!!

I then did what any resource ranger does - I warmed my ass up in the power rack.  Ha ha ha ha take that weirdos. 

After a brief discussion with coach about how sad my OHP is, he added in heavy push presses.  So I did those.  Since I was only doing 6 x 1 and I haven't done them in months, I started with my last weight where I went 3x1.  Well BOOYAH I've added 20# to that baby.  hee hee!  I also realized I need additional rest time when heavy on push press.  I'm used to doing a lot of light reps from time with WMAT.

I did volume BP at 75%, DB work (including more pressing - shoulder and incline) and SHRUGS!!!  Mmmmm last time I did this type of shrug I ended at 95# and thought I could do more.  Yeah, last night was 135#.  woot. 

Now if I can only survive tonight and tomorrow so I can lift w coach on Sunday.  aaaieeeeeee

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Are you sure you were doing it right? Homer wouldn't lead us astray :tongue:

The company picked up the tab? Small favor I guess. Did they at least get some really vintage port? Ya know, like the ones that cost $50 or more for a 2 oz. glass? And multiple rounds? Take that stupid company!!

Water, water, water, bacon wrapped steak, water, water, water. Then you'll feel fine :D

well, I was drinking red wine (paleo you know... lol) so Homer wouldn't really approve. 

I think the sherry was $25 for a little glass and the port was probably similar.  I tried to convince them to get something (I can't remember - a madiera I think) for $50 but they weren't interested.  boo.  I don't really care for fortified wines.  Oh and the boss was drinking jameson's (which I had to look up for spelling) after all the wine and port.  ewwwwwwww

The company usually pays for dinner b/c they worked all day and boss is in from out of town. 

I didn't have bacon this a.m. but I did eat bison with eggs and veg.  I'm still foggy.... blerg. 

Power point awaits me (*sigh*)

I AM going the distance

Yesterday at the gym I was filled with gym anger.  It started with me going to do a bit of a warm up in what I call the ninja room.  It used to be called the "stretching" room but then they took that sign down and put up TRX (hung incorrectly on a wall), 2 pull up bars (one fell out of the wall!  d'oh and the other is too low to the ground), a heavy bag (which has come down twice), and some stand up bags (useless) and some of those funny half man things some people use for martial arts training (we swear they are like the angels in dr who).  And rubber mates - good ones.  Most people still use it as a stretching/warm up space, for jump rope, for body weight training, etc.  BUT I go in yesterday and can't even get into the damned room b/c there is some "fitness" photo shoot of one of the "fitness" "body builders" at the gym and she's not only wearing a terrifying bikini but she's got on a wig and spiked hooker heels - ON THE MAT!!! UGH. 

So then I try to go to the "ab room" (not kidding - there's a sign) where they have a couple of mats - but NOOOO there are boys on them on swiss balls.  wtf?

Then I try another mat area by some machines but there is a girl taking up the whole space using one of these.  Make it stoooooop!!!

I then did what any resource ranger does - I warmed my ass up in the power rack.  Ha ha ha ha take that weirdos. 

After a brief discussion with coach about how sad my OHP is, he added in heavy push presses.  So I did those.  Since I was only doing 6 x 1 and I haven't done them in months, I started with my last weight where I went 3x1.  Well BOOYAH I've added 20# to that baby.  hee hee!  I also realized I need additional rest time when heavy on push press.  I'm used to doing a lot of light reps from time with WMAT.

I did volume BP at 75%, DB work (including more pressing - shoulder and incline) and SHRUGS!!!  Mmmmm last time I did this type of shrug I ended at 95# and thought I could do more.  Yeah, last night was 135#.  woot. 

Now if I can only survive tonight and tomorrow so I can lift w coach on Sunday.  aaaieeeeeee

Wow! In case I'm ever in Philly, remind me not to use anything secured to the ceiling at your gym. And why to they have mats if no one actually uses them? But, excellent job on the shoulder work!!

well, I was drinking red wine (paleo you know... lol) so Homer wouldn't really approve. 

I think the sherry was $25 for a little glass and the port was probably similar.  I tried to convince them to get something (I can't remember - a madiera I think) for $50 but they weren't interested.  boo.  I don't really care for fortified wines.  Oh and the boss was drinking jameson's (which I had to look up for spelling) after all the wine and port.  ewwwwwwww

The company usually pays for dinner b/c they worked all day and boss is in from out of town. 

I didn't have bacon this a.m. but I did eat bison with eggs and veg.  I'm still foggy.... blerg. 

Power point awaits me (*sigh*)

Ah, I see. Too much red wine gives me the worst headaches. Well, so does more than a 6-pack of any kind of commercial beer. That's why I brew my own. I think the brewer's yeast fends off headaches. Either that, or I just savor it more and drink less :)

Irish Whiskey after red wine and port? Doesn't sound like a good combination to me. Now a good single malt, I might be convinced. Man, it is so good for my liver health that I don't have an expense account anymore! :lol:

Good luck with your slide deck. I love taking thousands of pages of information and years of experience and trying to distill it into 1 or 2 pretty pictures for others to understand. Tis loads o' fun!

Wow! In case I'm ever in Philly, remind me not to use anything secured to the ceiling at your gym. And why to they have mats if no one actually uses them? But, excellent job on the shoulder work!!

Good luck with your slide deck. I love taking thousands of pages of information and years of experience and trying to distill it into 1 or 2 pretty pictures for others to understand. Tis loads o' fun!

Oh, people do use the mats - they are really high end gym mats - nice and hard so excellent for body weight stuff, jump rope, etc.  I've seen people in there working on BJJ (we have softer mats you can lay on top of the floor mats), heavy bag, speed bag, etc.  It's not bad.  But yeah, they can't hang stuff worth a damn.  I'm always afraid that heavy bag is going to come down.  Now they've put up a sign "use heavy bag for punches only.  Use stand up bags for kicks"  Hell no.  those stand up bags suck and you need to condition your legs. AND as any good nerd knows its the swinging back and forth of bag that causes it to come loose, not the object I'm hitting it with.  duh. 

but yeah the fitness chicks (2-3 of them but one seems to be MIA lately) "practice" poses in there in their spiked hooker shoes.  It's terrible.

Luckily, these are power points for someone else.  But still - I did a draft over 2 weeks ago and nobody did anything until yesterday (meeting is this coming Tues).  and the feedback I got was "full of typos and can't see any graphs/charts".  GAH!  So I go through originals with fine tooth comb - no typos.  Not even extra spaces.  All the graphs are there.  what?!  Well turns out someone else "edited" the slides and there's a new version and typed in a bunch of typos and generally messed stuff up and now I have to fix it all again.  *sigh* 

Explain to me how in 2013 in an office based job people cannot use power point.... explain

badger badger

I AM going the distance

Oh, people do use the mats - they are really high end gym mats - nice and hard so excellent for body weight stuff, jump rope, etc.  I've seen people in there working on BJJ (we have softer mats you can lay on top of the floor mats), heavy bag, speed bag, etc.  It's not bad.  But yeah, they can't hang stuff worth a damn.  I'm always afraid that heavy bag is going to come down.  Now they've put up a sign "use heavy bag for punches only.  Use stand up bags for kicks"  Hell no.  those stand up bags suck and you need to condition your legs. AND as any good nerd knows its the swinging back and forth of bag that causes it to come loose, not the object I'm hitting it with.  duh. 

but yeah the fitness chicks (2-3 of them but one seems to be MIA lately) "practice" poses in there in their spiked hooker shoes.  It's terrible.

So, they're not hookers? They've just borrowed the shoes? (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Luckily, these are power points for someone else.  But still - I did a draft over 2 weeks ago and nobody did anything until yesterday (meeting is this coming Tues).  and the feedback I got was "full of typos and can't see any graphs/charts".  GAH!  So I go through originals with fine tooth comb - no typos.  Not even extra spaces.  All the graphs are there.  what?!  Well turns out someone else "edited" the slides and there's a new version and typed in a bunch of typos and generally messed stuff up and now I have to fix it all again.  *sigh* 

Explain to me how in 2013 in an office based job people cannot use power point.... explain

I think you're looking at it wrong. Explain to me why we need PowerPoint to get a point across. Is there such a dearth of mental accuity that people working for a company in a particular industry need a sales pitchbook to understand concepts of an industry they should already be familiar with? I hate it when the sales guy ruins the engineer's live demo with some useless albeit flashy marketing PowerPoint slides.

badger badger

Snake! It's a snake!

So, they're not hookers? They've just borrowed the shoes? (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Well, that is an interesting question because..... there is a TON (really) of hooking in the same neighborhood as my gym.  Mostly gay and transvestite hooking.  I go to the gym in the "gayborhood" and the neighborhood used to be rather seedy (which is horrible) and it developed a bad drug and hooking problem.  Actually, one of my co-workers was just telling me about all the hookers he had to pass on the way to work at 530a!!  And how when he drove to the stop sign, they were yelling at his car.... LOL.  Also, one of my former employees was late one day with the best excuse ever:  (she lives in that neighborhood)  she overslept because the transvestite hookers were in a big fight with their johns and chasing them with tasers down the street.  LOL.  Yup.  The city is an interesting place. 

So could be... but probably not. 

I think you're looking at it wrong. Explain to me why we need PowerPoint to get a point across. Is there such a dearth of mental accuity that people working for a company in a particular industry need a sales pitchbook to understand concepts of an industry they should already be familiar with? I hate it when the sales guy ruins the engineer's live demo with some useless albeit flashy marketing PowerPoint slides.

bc we believe we need to stare vacantly at a rectangular screen and be mesmerized in order to be entertained or to learn things.  We don't know how to communicate with others if we aren't all facing a rectangular screen. 

Oooooo.... flashy slides!  where? where?

Snake! It's a snake!

cute-cat-and-snake-o.gif

I AM going the distance

What? Sorry, I was staring at one of my rectangular screens with this awesome gif of a snake and a cat.

Oh, you've got a rectangular screen you can carry with you and watch vids on? I'm so there...

What? Sorry, I was staring at one of my rectangular screens with this awesome gif of a snake and a cat.

Oh, you've got a rectangular screen you can carry with you and watch vids on? I'm so there...

I only talk to people if I have a rectangular screen to look at. 

I'm going to the ball game tonight.  I will ignore the people on the field and my friends and just watch it all on the big screen...

I AM going the distance

A light is not easy.

We had a log. I carried it up the stairs of an over pass.

Burpee broad jumps in 40# rucks.u8u5e5az.jpg

I AM going the distance

You. Fucking. Rock!!!!

I was a leader too and we CRUSHED the time hack.

I had pub beer but let it be known, it was pumpkin beer (shipyard).

I've been napping but woke up long enough to schedule massage for tomorrow. Heh

I AM going the distance

A log, an overpass, broad jump burpees, 40# ruck, crushed time hack, a leader, Shipyard Pumpkin Ale and a massage! Wow! There's a ton and a half of awesome there!

I gotta agree: You. Fucking. Rock!!!!

Aww w you guys! Here I am leading everybody up the rocky steps bear crawl style.. Stick together!

y3ynebu7.jpg

I'm the one on the end (starting burpee broad jumps)

abyne3ag.jpg

Log thing

duzy7u9y.jpg

I AM going the distance

Oh the stories I could tell... Lol spent today on a ... Wait for it... Actual rest day. Last week wore me out and well, I needed a massage, and to read, and to make bacon, and to drink a pumpkin beer, and to wash my ruck and ruck stuff. I thought about footwork but not much. Gotta email the coaches.

I AM going the distance

Look at you kicking ass!!

And I realized I'm stuck scrolling past another ass picture every time I want to post. Gah!!!!

I AM going the distance

Seriously!!! That looks so awesomely horrible!!!!!

People think it's easy. A light is not easy.

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines