cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

Yeah, Pacific Rim looks like something I'll wait to watch for free.  It just looks like a horrid plot.

But, I do agree about giant monsters destroying us.

It has to be one of the WORST story lines I've paid to see in ages.  But that being said, it's a cool visual.  After a while I just tuned out the dialog and hoped the dog might start talking (no luck).  The fights were cool though. 

Yeah, giant monsters would be very bad.  And they were big and spewed acid.  Now is that really necessary?  Like you really need to go the extra mile and spew acid?  Seriously. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

So my mother sends an email "are you okay? where are you?" on Saturday.  A few hour frantic texts start "are you okay?" 

seriously?  last time I talked to them was father's day - the week of my surgery.  They didn't care about the surgery so I didn't care about calling them. 

So I texted back "I'm getting a glass of wine, shopping, and heading to dinner with spousal unit".  She doesn't text back for another couple of hours "are you okay?"  really?

So I sent a long email today and described my training to her..... ha ha ha ha.... oh can't wait to see what I get back.  A long time ago when I started lifting (before coach), my mother and father made fun of the lifting both in email and on the phone.  Then my mother proclaimed herself fitter and stronger and told me she was lifting more than me (no, no, she doesn't).  Whatever.

Well, I spilled the beans on Muay Thai.  Mostly just to freak them out and piss them off.  But I did it in a nice way and didn't say what I wanted to which was:

Well, I'm at the same address and phone number as I was two months ago.  (Okay, I did actually write that)

What have I been up to?  Dead lifts and roundhouse kicks.  BAM!  (did not write that)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Send her this picture and ask her how much she can pull :D

med_gallery_5151_321_13862.jpg

I really can't believe how unsupportive they are. Kudos to you for sending what must have been a difficult email.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I kind of want to skype with them as they are reading your email...

I totally do too.... except they don't skype.  They have one of those things you hang on a wall and it has buttons and a cord....what's it called?  oh yeah a phone... ugh.  But they always put me on speaker phone and then yell into the phone.  It's terrible.  And no, they aren't deaf just loud. 

I haven't heard back from them yet.  LOL.

Send her this picture and ask her how much she can pull :D

med_gallery_5151_321_13862.jpg

I really can't believe how unsupportive they are. Kudos to you for sending what must have been a difficult email.

Thanks.  Yea me pulling that (but I've pulled a lot more since then! woot!).  But that belt....gah.  Weight belts are not flattering. 

But yeah... so my mom - 99% sure she'd say "I lift that all the time".  She doesn't. She's never touched a barbell.  She makes shit up and puts people on FB to shame with the amount of shit she makes up.  It's amazing to watch.  I can't even tell you the shit she makes up.  She'd love FB.

FYI, my mother also told me it was a dangerous health hazard for women to do pushups.  Just sayin. 

I AM going the distance

Yes, yes they do.  They are miserable people. 

and that kitty - the BESTEST KITTY EVER!  Sparring kitty!!! Oh yea!

Your parents need help....seriously. 

And hopefully this cheers you up. :)

954647_497725450304378_370054371_n.jpg

I AM going the distance

Mmmmmm

Muay Thai last night!!! woot woot!

Class starts with my new nemesis - not too bad.  Might be a tad long still but way better than interim nemesis.

AND it starts with coach asking me in front of the class if I was ready to deliver raw American power in my punches tonight!  Ha!  I said "you know it!  Raw American Power is my nickname b/c I have it!".  ha ha ha  and then, as if on cue to remind me of the power of humility, my nemesis tripped me up and I had to restart jump rope.  Whatever.... stupid nemesis is just guilty that it will never deliver Raw American Power!  Lol.

GREAT awesome exhausting gasping panting class.  Great partner (thanks, Steve!). 

We got to work a punch, elbow, knee, kick combo!  WHAT?!  I know!  Elbows!!!!  Knees! 

after a 5 min round of partner pad work, coach tells a story about endurance during a fight.  I can't even explain to you how hard this is except think super hard WOD but you have to go for 15-20 mins after conditioning etc.  Anyhow, he tells this story and says: pad holders, if you see your partner slowing down, seeking a rest, taking a break, resetting - got get them!  Keep going at them, don't let them rest.  Make them work.

We were all gasping and panting at the end.  And when I say sweat puddles - I mean actual puddles not just sweat angels.  We are so sweaty our feet leave little puddles. 

Oh and now I have a new bruise on my knee near my DL bruise.  on my bad knee.  *sigh*  and boy is that knee killing me today from the knees.  ha ha ha.  Luckily, it's upper body day!

elbows and knees!

I didn't track calories or macros over the weekend b/c the tool I use doesn't have a mobile app so I have to write it all down and enter on Monday and it's a huge pain in the ass.  So I'm switching programs and I'm going to use one w a mobile app so I can track. 

I'm 99% sure I met neither calories nor macros yesterday.  I know for a fact I'm way below already today.  *sigh*

I AM going the distance

All of that sounds terribly awesome!

SQUEEE

It looked exactly like this ('cept I wasn't in Thailand, and we were working pads, and I'm a girl and we had on t shirts and there was no ref and we weren't in a ring - but otherwise - EXACTLY like this)

387505.jpg

I AM going the distance

ha.  For some reason, I couldn't see the image w/o trying to quote you... which is weird.

But, that is exactly what I had imagined it to look like.  Also...  I'd hate to be the guy on the left.

yeah and it looks all messed up when I look at it.

I also have to say that since jstanlick posted my pic in my own thread I have to scroll past my ass every time I want to post and it's just disconcerting....lol

I AM going the distance

Awesome workouts are awesome.

If your mother is all "I do that all the time, it's easy" about your workouts, you should tell her that's great and you should go lift together some time.

Yeah, I'd like to call her bluff (which I often do which I why I'm not liked) BUT that would mean going some place with her....

ewwwwwwww

I AM going the distance

I totally do too.... except they don't skype.  They have one of those things you hang on a wall and it has buttons and a cord....what's it called?  oh yeah a phone... ugh.  But they always put me on speaker phone and then yell into the phone.  It's terrible.  And no, they aren't deaf just loud. 

I haven't heard back from them yet.  LOL.

Thanks.  Yea me pulling that (but I've pulled a lot more since then! woot!).  But that belt....gah.  Weight belts are not flattering. 

But yeah... so my mom - 99% sure she'd say "I lift that all the time".  She doesn't. She's never touched a barbell.  She makes shit up and puts people on FB to shame with the amount of shit she makes up.  It's amazing to watch.  I can't even tell you the shit she makes up.  She'd love FB.

FYI, my mother also told me it was a dangerous health hazard for women to do pushups.  Just sayin. 

Weight belts aren't meant to be flattering. There to help you become awesomer.

Okay, so you know how you say you just tend to believe that what people post is the honest truth, because why would they lie? Well, some (not all) people are more like your mom.

ha.  For some reason, I couldn't see the image w/o trying to quote you... which is weird.

But, that is exactly what I had imagined it to look like.  Also...  I'd hate to be the guy on the left.

Same for me, but my picture-fu on the forums has been lacking lately. So, I wouldn't discount me doing something wrong.

yeah and it looks all messed up when I look at it.

I also have to say that since jstanlick posted my pic in my own thread I have to scroll past my ass every time I want to post and it's just disconcerting....lol

Terribly sorry about that. But I like the bad-assery of that picture. Tell you what, how about I make this post and that should flip it over to a new page? (if I can count and divide by 20 correctly :D)

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Weight belts aren't meant to be flattering. There to help you become awesomer.

Okay, so you know how you say you just tend to believe that what people post is the honest truth, because why would they lie? Well, some (not all) people are more like your mom

Terribly sorry about that. But I like the bad-assery of that picture. Tell you what, how about I make this post and that should flip it over to a new page? (if I can count and divide by 20 correctly :D)

Awesomer.  Yes, please.  No weight belt tonight - upper body stuff, mostly assistance work.  Although, I would be awesomer w the belt fo sho.

Bad assery - lol.  I need more gym pics.  I need a front view when I'm DLing in a tank - I look hulkish. 

thanks for saving me my ass viewing!  whew!

I AM going the distance

Your training makes my head spin a bit, to be honest.  I'll go in with everyone else who's inspired by your "light" lifts.  :D

I left a note on the Philly thread, but figured I'd mention it here too: I might be able to help with your 5k depending on when you're going to do it.  Feel free to PM me if you still want a jogging/photo buddy.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

Your training makes my head spin a bit, to be honest.  I'll go in with everyone else who's inspired by your "light" lifts.   :D

I left a note on the Philly thread, but figured I'd mention it here too: I might be able to help with your 5k depending on when you're going to do it.  Feel free to PM me if you still want a jogging/photo buddy.

LOL.  You are kind - it's not that impressive.

SQUEEEE run with me!  It's a fundraiser for the Green Beret Foundation and I get to wear a bib and everything (LOL nerd). 

I think a guy from Muay Thai  might join me too.  I'm thinking from city hall (at Chestnut) to Art Museum and then up the steps, and then back to city hall.  We could get beers after.... LOL!

I run rather slowly - all I care about is that I finish around 30 mins MAX but it depends on the stairs halfway through (up and down - there are a lot!).  LOL.  I'm aiming for 27-28 mins. 

I'm thinking afternoon b/c I lift in the a.m.

I AM going the distance

imma just leave this here.

Omg best shark week ever!!!!

The best part is when it rams into the fridge.

That cat is dumb.

Oh wow I'm LMAO in my gym lobby

I AM going the distance

That cat is the best and I will not have you besmirching his good name.  (It's Max.)

So, a 27 minute 5k is sub 9 minute miles, which I can probably do without killing myself, but fair warning there.

Weekdays are tough for me since I only get home from work around 5:30.  The one exception is Friday, when I'm usually home by 12:30, so that's a possibility if you're around.  Otherwise, I am reasonably free this weekend and next, I think.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

LMAO - I can't believe the cat is anywhere near the vacuum.  Mine would be in the next county!!

And I'm so very in awe of people who have figured out how to embed videos (go, Fearless Leader!!)

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Yeah, I'd like to call her bluff (which I often do which I why I'm not liked) BUT that would mean going some place with her....

ewwwwwwww

I agree, but either she would make an excuse and you wouldn't have to go some place with her or you would get to see her try to lift what you do (or make some excuse as to why she wasn't able at that time. I don't know if your mother just lies to make herself look better or if she's delusional enough to think that a ~300lb deadlift is easy and anyone can do it without training.)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines