cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

LMAO - I can't believe the cat is anywhere near the vacuum.  Mine would be in the next county!!

And I'm so very in awe of people who have figured out how to embed videos (go, Fearless Leader!!)

Forget the vacuum, I can't believe the cat is putting up with being in a shark costume.

Forget the vacuum, I can't believe the cat is putting up with being in a shark costume.

I had many conversations w friends on this point last night.  How did they get the cat to sit in that shark costume?  my goodness, I couldn't even get a unicorn horn on mine (and I tried!)

LMAO - I can't believe the cat is anywhere near the vacuum.  Mine would be in the next county!!

I so want to believe mine would ride a roomba but the one guy is scared of people knocking on the door (wtf???) and the other guy is scared of rain - yeah, just rain - so roomba?  Would be like cat version of Pacific Rim

That cat is the best and I will not have you besmirching his good name.  (It's Max.)

i think max is kinda dumb.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Yeah, there is like a dozen things that I wanted to respond to but it's late and i'm tired and the only thing I can remember is that I'm pissed I can't see the new shirt picture and your parents are morons.

Oh and you rock!  Someday I will be half as strong as you :)

My parents are morons.  Still haven't heard back from them.  Really?  You email and then text text text bugging me.  So I respond and oh yeah..... don't reply.  GAH!

I agree, but either she would make an excuse and you wouldn't have to go some place with her or you would get to see her try to lift what you do (or make some excuse as to why she wasn't able at that time. I don't know if your mother just lies to make herself look better or if she's delusional enough to think that a ~300lb deadlift is easy and anyone can do it without training.)

I think it's both on her part.  She firmly believes I'm a huge loser - I am the family disappointment.  She really believes that whatever I do must be easy.  BUT she is also amazingly delusional.  I've sat at dinner and looked at my father after she's said things  and he just shakes his head.  I think she wants to believe things but I also think she lies to make herself look better.  It's a running joke with spousal unit - when we see them (like once ever 3 years) we try to get her to one up us on ridiculous stuff.  So it might go like this:

us:  "we're going on vacation.  Maybe to a national park"

her:  my vacation is going to europe which is much better

us:  agreed.  Europe is way better than the mystical fantabulous US but we want to do some hiking

her:  they have big mountains in europe so hiking is better

Us:  well, we are climbing a mountain here in the US so that's kinda the plan

her:  interesting as I'd already booked my expedition in the Alps

Us;  oh, do you have tickets yet?  I'd love to see them

her:  no well that's because they are all in French, which I'm learning after I learn Italian.  Because I'm actually leading the expedition...

(and I'm kinda not kidding)

and no, she doesn't hike.  or speak another language. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

update later on awesome night workout, awesome night w friends, spousal unit's stupid effing CF injury (GAH!), and my a.m. squatting.  LOL. 

I AM going the distance

I don't even like cats, and that video is ridiculously hilarious.

And I'm so very in awe of people who have figured out how to embed videos (go, Fearless Leader!!)

Chris-Tien - all you need to do is find the video on youtube and copy the URL.  

Within your post paste the url between youtube tags - which is the word youtube within brackets.  [ youtube ]  the URL  and then closing tag;  which is [ / youtube ] w/o spaces.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Chris-Tien - all you need to do is find the video on youtube and copy the URL.  

Within your post paste the url between youtube tags - which is the word youtube within brackets.  [ youtube ]  the URL  and then closing tag;  which is [ / youtube ] w/o spaces.

genius.  I struggle to embed depending on what computer/ipad I'm using.  blerg.

I AM going the distance

My parents are morons.  Still haven't heard back from them.  Really?  You email and then text text text bugging me.  So I respond and oh yeah..... don't reply.  GAH!

So sorry.

update later on awesome night workout, awesome night w friends, spousal unit's stupid effing CF injury (GAH!), and my a.m. squatting.  LOL. 

good, good, bah, good. Injuries are just no fun. What'd he do?

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Last night's workout

Incline bench press - which I don't think I've ever done.  Coach gave me parameters for estimating my max and then to do 80% of my max.  Hilarity ensued when I messed that up and used that as my warm up set.  LOL.  5 x 3 at 95% and 100% of my max.  Oops.... LOL.

laterals.... *sigh* but I'm getting heavier!!!

DB cheating upright rows - super heavy!  I LOVE these!  I love the cheating moves (what does that say about me?! )  My back is really strong so I don't really risk injury.  cool.  3 x 5

Triceps extenstions 8 x 8 w only 45s rest.  did all of them at my heaviest weight yet. 

did a little footwork but not too much b/c knee was still really sore from knees at Muay Thai.

Then got last minute invite to meet good friends who were downtown. Several beers and bad food happened but it was so so so good to see them. 

Tracking food is tough b/c with 4 beers and some french fries, I came in only 200 cal over my target, only 30g over my target but still under my high goal (which is okay b/c I lifted), but 95g UNDER on protein.  *sigh*  Dumbass under eating still. 

Today started off with 6:30a squats per program!  Woot.  It's weird to be at the gym in the a.m. but I need to do cardio today too and I'm doing Muay Thai later. 

So today's workout was

Light squats 20 x 2 w 1 min rest between sets.  Light at 135#

I followed that with a combination of 40 decline situps of decline Russian situps bilatera, decline situps w double punch at top, or Russian decline with double same side punch.

Tonight is cardio per coach - Muay Thai is on the agenda.  If I could lift at MMA gym, I would have done it right before Muay Thai.  But oh well. 

Spousal unit had stupid injury at CF AGAIN last night.  His finger might be broken - but we're guessing not.  It's because after never benching, they are all going to bench at 5RM and spot each other and disaster ensued.  Everyone is fine but they are a bunch of idiots.  I looked at what they were all lifting (on their white board) and for people who never bench, dumb. dumb.  And they don't know how to spot or to roll out from under a missed lift.  dumb. 

Let's see - if you never have BP in your programs, I would suggest you don't take 20-25 people and tell them to find their 5RM and then work there.  Sheesh.  And, the injury occurred b/c the idiot lifting (not spousal unit) couldn't get the bar up for more than one rep.  DUH idiot.  Oh there's so much more that needs to be said.  This is spousal unit's 4th injury in just over a year - and..... he's going back.  UGH! 

I AM going the distance

So sorry.

good, good, bah, good. Injuries are just no fun. What'd he do?

Don't be sorry (but thanks) it leads to great stories usually.  LOL. 

Oh he did stupid in combination with two other stupids in combination with extra stupid programming. 

I AM going the distance

ugh. spousal unit's CF box sounds... um.. inept.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I never have a spotter for bench so I always make sure the safeties are where I can get out from under the bar if I have to bail. I've occasionally forgotten to switch the safeties between the height for catching failed front and back squats and been sad because I have to figure out how to dump the bar at a non ideal height but so far have avoided hurting myself. This is a good reason to not mix front and back squats in my program and just do one or the other.

^^^^This! Also why I almost never do reps to failure or try to find my 1RM. Not having a spotter means you have to be a little safer.

That sounds like some terrible programming. If it's something he never does (or sees someone else do), no wonder he doesn't know how to spot you while you're lifting. But, how a broken finger? Did he smash it while trying to put the bar back in the rack?

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

You have no idea.  I'm sooooo mad still.  I want him somewhere else. 

I know people trained and hand selected by Rip who also run boxes - I can get a great recommendation. 

But you know, this is also his fault.  As a lemming he needs to accept responsibility for poor choices.  He never ever ever runs (even a little) but shows up and it's max sprint day and he really thinks that's just fine b/c it's CF.  ARGH!

I AM going the distance

I never have a spotter for bench so I always make sure the safeties are where I can get out from under the bar if I have to bail. I've occasionally forgotten to switch the safeties between the height for catching failed front and back squats and been sad because I have to figure out how to dump the bar at a non ideal height but so far have avoided hurting myself. This is a good reason to not mix front and back squats in my program and just do one or the other.

Yeah.  Def.  It's important to know how to bail.  Working with safeties (versus working with WMAT where we had no safeties) has made a HUGE difference in my confidence lifting. 

I missed a heavy BP recently and felt so safe and secure and no worries.  Just angry but not scared.  What a difference. 

I AM going the distance

^^^^This! Also why I almost never do reps to failure or try to find my 1RM. Not having a spotter means you have to be a little safer.

That sounds like some terrible programming. If it's something he never does (or sees someone else do), no wonder he doesn't know how to spot you while you're lifting. But, how a broken finger? Did he smash it while trying to put the bar back in the rack?

Spousal unit drank too much kool aid.  UGH!  This guy lifting wasn't even at 1RM or failure - he was supposed to be at 5RM.  Dummy clearly he wasn't.  So much stupid.

Spousal unit spastically grabbed the bar from the guy's chest and got spotter to finally jump in (dumb and dumber).  Then they were so spastic about slamming it in the rack and in bad positions (not behind the guy lifting - ack!  it gets worse and worse) AND guy lifting wasn't helping (ACK!) so they slammed it in and his finger got caught btwn rack and 200# barbell. 

Now you might ask "why was your finger in the rack?" but the answer would involve .... dumb.  Panic and not knowing what to do. 

I told him I would have looked at Mr. Atlas under the BB and said "quit whining you pansy you aren't hurt, you are scared.  Quit being scared you are fine - bar is safely on your chest and it's not a scary scary weight and you can just roll it down to your belly - go ahead.... go .... rooooollllll it.... nice.  Now sit up.  Okay then.  See, you are okay.  NOW.. bc you are Mr Atlas at CF and we know you like to drop weights - just push that puppy past your knees and drop it on the floor.  Stand up slowly b/c I'm sure you'll have a bit of a head rush.  Now go away.  Don't bench any more today." 

Spousal unit said "but he couldn't roll the bar".  Me:  was it on his neck?  Him:  No. his chest and his hands were still on it  Me:  fine, he lost momentum.  Roll roll roll your bar.  Plus you two idiots were standing next to him?  spot it like a squat then.  Him: I wasn't his spotter. 

Oh geez. 

I will never ever ever ever set foot in that box again.  EVER. 

I AM going the distance

invisible-bench-press.jpg

I AM going the distance

So, what you're saying is it was kind of like the 3 Stooges at the gym. Did they hit Mr Atlas on the head with a hammer afterwards?

Hopefully, experience is a good teacher and they don't do something like that again. But, why do I get the feeling they will?

So, what you're saying is it was kind of like the 3 Stooges at the gym. Did they hit Mr Atlas on the head with a hammer afterwards?

Hopefully, experience is a good teacher and they don't do something like that again. But, why do I get the feeling they will?

n'yuck n'yuck n'yuck.  I have a feeling it was a class of stooges.  ugh.

And yes, they'll do it again bc it's CF and they'll do whatever the box says.  Lemme look at today's workout....(pause)

oh ha ha ha

speed burpees and single leg deadlifts as part of the warmup.  LOL.... oh dear.

Then they are AMRAPing presses, deadlifts and box jumps.  Oh good call after all that shoulder work yesterday too (a bunch of KB stuff after BP which spousal unit SWEARS is not shoulders). 

and you just know Mr. Boo boo finger/hurt achilles will be all over this b/c why wouldn't he be? 

I gotta stop looking at this and thinking about the crazy.  I just can't stand the thought of him being hurt.  His finger looks soooo bad.  I know it hurts. 

I AM going the distance

And yes, they'll do it again bc it's CF and they'll do whatever the box says.  Lemme look at today's workout....(pause)

oh ha ha ha

Then they are AMRAPing presses, deadlifts and box jumps.  Oh good call after all that shoulder work yesterday too (a bunch of KB stuff after BP which spousal unit SWEARS is not shoulders). 

and you just know Mr. Boo boo finger/hurt achilles will be all over this b/c why wouldn't he be? 

I gotta stop looking at this and thinking about the crazy.  I just can't stand the thought of him being hurt.  His finger looks soooo bad.  I know it hurts. 

weeeellllll we have a LOT of shoulder work today, after shoulder work yesterday. Sometimes, that's how the cookie crumbles. I wouldn't necessarily point to bad programming. but that's just my opinion. though, SU's box does sound dumb.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

imma just leave this here.

imma just going to leave this here too. http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/24-cats-who-are-celebrating-shark-week-9ibk

*nods*

weeeellllll we have a LOT of shoulder work today, after shoulder work yesterday. Sometimes, that's how the cookie crumbles. I wouldn't necessarily point to bad programming. but that's just my opinion. though, SU's box does sound dumb.

Shoulder work after should work? I predict doms. :(

oh ha ha ha

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?! 

WHO THE HELL IS DOING THEIR PROGRAMMING!

I'm going to leave this here. To hopefully fix all of this.

Last night's workout

Incline bench press - which I don't think I've ever done.  Coach gave me parameters for estimating my max and then to do 80% of my max.  Hilarity ensued when I messed that up and used that as my warm up set.  LOL.  5 x 3 at 95% and 100% of my max.  Oops.... LOL.

laterals.... *sigh* but I'm getting heavier!!!

DB cheating upright rows - super heavy!  I LOVE these!  I love the cheating moves (what does that say about me?! )  My back is really strong so I don't really risk injury.  cool.  3 x 5

Triceps extenstions 8 x 8 w only 45s rest.  did all of them at my heaviest weight yet. 

did a little footwork but not too much b/c knee was still really sore from knees at Muay Thai.

Then got last minute invite to meet good friends who were downtown. Several beers and bad food happened but it was so so so good to see them. 

Tracking food is tough b/c with 4 beers and some french fries, I came in only 200 cal over my target, only 30g over my target but still under my high goal (which is okay b/c I lifted), but 95g UNDER on protein.  *sigh*  Dumbass under eating still. 

Today started off with 6:30a squats per program!  Woot.  It's weird to be at the gym in the a.m. but I need to do cardio today too and I'm doing Muay Thai later. 

So today's workout was

Light squats 20 x 2 w 1 min rest between sets.  Light at 135#

I followed that with a combination of 40 decline situps of decline Russian situps bilatera, decline situps w double punch at top, or Russian decline with double same side punch.

Tonight is cardio per coach - Muay Thai is on the agenda.  If I could lift at MMA gym, I would have done it right before Muay Thai.  But oh well. 

Spousal unit had stupid injury at CF AGAIN last night.  His finger might be broken - but we're guessing not.  It's because after never benching, they are all going to bench at 5RM and spot each other and disaster ensued.  Everyone is fine but they are a bunch of idiots.  I looked at what they were all lifting (on their white board) and for people who never bench, dumb. dumb.  And they don't know how to spot or to roll out from under a missed lift.  dumb. 

Let's see - if you never have BP in your programs, I would suggest you don't take 20-25 people and tell them to find their 5RM and then work there.  Sheesh.  And, the injury occurred b/c the idiot lifting (not spousal unit) couldn't get the bar up for more than one rep.  DUH idiot.  Oh there's so much more that needs to be said.  This is spousal unit's 4th injury in just over a year - and..... he's going back.  UGH! 

Hope MT was awesome tonight!

Agreed!

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

Nerds... I am sooo good tired. Squats in the am for about an hour then an hour of Muay thwi w what I'll call death by warmup followed by 25 mins of sparring. Good good life. Baseball game is on, kittehs are sweet, spousal unit is looking better.... Good day. Deets tomorrow. Death by warmup. Not kidding. Never take Muay Thai from pro fighter w an upcoming fight....

I AM going the distance

Not kidding. Never take Muay Thai from pro fighter w an upcoming fight....

^^^^^^^^ Yea.  My first sensei was a former pro fighter.   "Warmups" LOL!

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines