cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

^^^^^^^^ Yea.  My first sensei was a former pro fighter.   "Warmups" LOL!

ZOMG.  He killed us.  There are two pros that get all amped up when they are gearing up for fights and we end up working so hard.  It's awesome but man we were already exhausted when class actually started.  LOL.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I can't remember if I posted this yesterday or not:

got up early b/c program called for both squats and cardio day. 

So I got up early and went to the gym before work (what a strange thing to do!) and did my

Squats light for volume 20 x 2 at 135#  1 min rest b/n sets (yup timed it)

Then I did a bunch of decline Russian twists with double punches x 40 b/l

then I went to work.... lol

Yesterday evening was Muay Thai!  woot.

Warm up:  5 minutes of jump rope (damn you nemesis!)

combo 3 times as fast as you can:  10 full pushups, 10 crunches, 10 burpees

3 minutes of mountain climbers thusly:  1 min normal, 30s rest, 1 min knees to outside, 30s rest, 1 min twist to opposite hand but with no resting and no putting knees down unless it's the 30s of rest.  If you had to stop you were allowed to rest in low plank but not high plank and you were not allowed to rest the last 15s no matter what.  Oh, and the AC wasn't on....  so there were actual puddles of sweat on the floor - makes muay thai very slippery.

Muay Thai - I can't even remember the combos at this point.  Combos of punches, kicks, and knees.

Sparring - 25 mins - found a partner for sparring.  We did Muay Thai sparring - so included kicks and clinches w knees.  Yea!!!!

As for tracking, I made my calories (hurrah!), went just a smidge over on carbs (stupid cherries - not letting that happen again - but was only over by 11g so okay), fat was over but under my limit, and I made protein but just barely made the bottom thresh hold.  Have switched to my fitness pal.  That's sooooo much easier than what I was using. 

Spousal unit's finger is looking a bit better.  Swelling is more under control so we are assuming it's not broken at this point.  BUT tonight's workout at his box is muscle ups and hand stand pushups.  Ahhh good another day of shoulders.  When I asked if he was going he said "I'm not sure if that would be good for me with my finger issue".  Not sure?  *sigh*.  Discussion ensues and now he's going to hold off on crossfit today thank goodness.

No other news except coach is texting me all morning b/c we're talking programming.  SQUEEEEEEE

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

The early morning workout is the best.  Such a good feeling to be walking around during the day knowing you've already done more than probably 80%+ of everyone around you.  :D

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

The early morning workout is the best. Such a good feeling to be walking around during the day knowing you've already done more than probably 80%+ of everyone around you. :D

LOVE morning workouts. And, this reason is just one of the many reasons why.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

The early morning workout is the best.  Such a good feeling to be walking around during the day knowing you've already done more than probably 80%+ of everyone around you.   :D

Yeah, but I have to get up at 5 then to get to gym so I can have 1.5-2hrs for workout.  BOOOOO!!!  That would mean I'd only get 5 hrs of sleep or less each night  booooooooo 

I have to be to work by 8a (or a bit earlier).  Booooooooo

so evenings it is.  But gives me something to look forward to all day.  If I worked out in the morning I wouldn't get to think about all the fun I'll have at the gym and my program and how my elbows are coming along b/c I'd be sleeping and serving as kitteh cushion.

I AM going the distance

As for tracking, I made my calories (hurrah!), went just a smidge over on carbs (stupid cherries - not letting that happen again - but was only over by 11g so okay), fat was over but under my limit, and I made protein but just barely made the bottom thresh hold.  Have switched to my fitness pal.  That's sooooo much easier than what I was using.

No "just barely" allowed. You made it, which is a damn fine accomplishment! Way to go!

myfitnesspal does make the tracking a lot easier thanks to the database and the fact that it's mobile.

Biggest reason for me is because I get it done before life gets an opportunity to get in the way and steal my time.

Yeah, but I have to get up at 5 then to get to gym so I can have 1.5-2hrs for workout.  BOOOOO!!!  That would mean I'd only get 5 hrs of sleep or less each night  booooooooo

Yep. That alarm kinda sucks. What's worse is falling asleep on my couch before 10 PM and then coming to the realization that I've become my father.

I have to be to work by 8a (or a bit earlier).  Booooooooo

Yep. Feels kinda rushed somedays.

so evenings it is.  But gives me something to look forward to all day.  If I worked out in the morning I wouldn't get to think about all the fun I'll have at the gym and my program and how my elbows are coming along b/c I'd be sleeping and serving as kitteh cushion.

Go with that. It works with your schedule, you enjoy it. Stick with it.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I can't remember if I posted this yesterday or not:

got up early b/c program called for both squats and cardio day. 

So I got up early and went to the gym before work (what a strange thing to do!) and did my

Squats light for volume 20 x 2 at 135#  1 min rest b/n sets (yup timed it)

Then I did a bunch of decline Russian twists with double punches x 40 b/l

then I went to work.... lol

Yesterday evening was Muay Thai!  woot.

Warm up:  5 minutes of jump rope (damn you nemesis!)

combo 3 times as fast as you can:  10 full pushups, 10 crunches, 10 burpees

3 minutes of mountain climbers thusly:  1 min normal, 30s rest, 1 min knees to outside, 30s rest, 1 min twist to opposite hand but with no resting and no putting knees down unless it's the 30s of rest.  If you had to stop you were allowed to rest in low plank but not high plank and you were not allowed to rest the last 15s no matter what.  Oh, and the AC wasn't on....  so there were actual puddles of sweat on the floor - makes muay thai very slippery.

Muay Thai - I can't even remember the combos at this point.  Combos of punches, kicks, and knees.

Sparring - 25 mins - found a partner for sparring.  We did Muay Thai sparring - so included kicks and clinches w knees.  Yea!!!!

Spousal unit's finger is looking a bit better.  Swelling is more under control so we are assuming it's not broken at this point.  BUT tonight's workout at his box is muscle ups and hand stand pushups.  Ahhh good another day of shoulders.  When I asked if he was going he said "I'm not sure if that would be good for me with my finger issue".  Not sure?  *sigh*.  Discussion ensues and now he's going to hold off on crossfit today thank goodness.

No other news except coach is texting me all morning b/c we're talking programming.  SQUEEEEEEE

Woot for hitting targets!  I'm on MFP as well.  It's good stuff.

Glad that SUs finger is looking better and he listened to his wise wife and stayed home today!

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

Hey, a red letter day all around.  And a minor miracle - hubby LISTENED?!?!?  Wow.  My admiration knows no bounds.  

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

For everyone thinking about fat loss, nutrition, etc. 

Lift Big Eat Big (LBEB) posted this on FB today. 

Pay particular attention to Facts 6 & 8.

Also, 12 & 13 are really really good.

And for everyone who still believes I don't eat or eat enough, I've been trying to upload a picture of my 1000 containers of food for the day but I'm having problems, so this will have to do:

for breakfast I normally eat meat, eggs and veg.  Today was 4 thin pieces of bacon, 3 eggs and a ton of veg - including more than 1 cup of spinach.  Today, I also had a bit of leftover potato, so probably 1/3 cup of roasted potato, too.  This was all scrambled in about 1/2 tbsp of butter (and no, I didn't need more b/c I ate bacon)

what you see pictured here is lunch and pre/post workout nutrition and snacks.  The red container is crammed full of two turkey burgers, 2 cups of spinach and a reasonable (4"x4") piece of homemade eggplant parm.  Lunch is low carb/low fat.  Snack is carbs and the other thing is a can of tuna.  I'll eat the whole can.  The pre workout I actually drink during workout and is 35g carb, post workout is 25g protein but almost no carbs (I think 4g). 

dinner is unknown at this point but will be paleo friendly and fairly low carbish.

Now I haven't figured out the calories yet and the eggplant has some ricotta in it (but not tons and tons and no pasta), but I'm guessing my daily total including a glass of wine with dinner will be somewhere around 2200 cal. 

I AM going the distance

Hey, a red letter day all around.  And a minor miracle - hubby LISTENED?!?!?  Wow.  My admiration knows no bounds.  

I know!  I did a dance to celebrate.  Okay, not really but I spared him a lecture so it's like the same thing!

It's super cute that you and coach are texting about programming. 

awwww.... yeah.  It blew my mind.  He's soooo smart. 

Good read.  Thanks.

If people are doubting that you are eating enough, they aren't paying attention.

Yeah.  I eat a lot of food.  Am hungry now.  Am eating my emergency can of tuna....

I AM going the distance

Last night's workout was a doozy!  2 hours.  LOL.  Hilarity ensued on the bench and in the rack.  One thing I can tell you is that eating a can of tuna an hour before my workout is not the best idea.  LOL.  But it was fine. 

I call last night - "the night of 1000 bench presses".

Okay, really, it was only 113 bench presses.

Yes, yes, you read that right - 113 bench presses.  about 40% were at or above 70% of my 1RM with 16 reps at or above 80%.  I finished with two drop sets for 2 x 12 at 55%.  There was a lot of pressing in sets for reps (no singles). 

Then I did seated laterals.  Oh seated laterals, why you so hard after 113 bench presses? seated laterals why you hate me?

DB Kirk shrugs which EFFING ROCK and oh yes, that was me with the 70# DB.  Woot woot

Light dead lifts from the rack for 4 x 4.  Since they were light, coach wanted me only at 210# for the total of 16 reps.  easy peasy.  no belt no shoes.

Rows

Don't laugh but tonight I have 75 light squats at 135# and then a shit ton of other stuff.  LOL.  I will be missing happy hour at the bar bc my happy hours take place with the bar!  WOOT!

Other stuff:  I practiced foot work a bit last night.  I have a ginormous bruise (it's a huge bump) just above my knee from Muay Thai sparring.  At least it doesn't hurt as bad today. 

I made all my food goals!!!!!!!!!!!  194g of protein nerds!!!  <100g fat, 139g carb (okay that's a bit low but not bad only about 20g low and I couldn't eat any more) AND I made my calories at 2267.  Oh yes this included 1.5 glasses of wine but still good. 

No response from parents to their emergency email and texts.  LOL.  I now believe their heads exploded.

Booked our vacay flights.  Am envious of you vacay goers next week. 

Superlative performance eval today. 

and it's the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE 

I AM going the distance

Excellent article. Thanks for posting! And another kick ass workout. But...

194 grams of protein?!?!? WOOOOOT!!!!

That ain't easy. Well done!

BTW - I'll try not to post too many vacay pics so as to keep your envy level low :lol:

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Seriously, it feels like everyone is going on vacation next week.  What the hell.

You are a monster with those workouts.  Will PM you re: drinks!

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

I actually love people's vacay pics!!! 

I don't go on vacay until october.  *sigh*

I AM going the distance

I actually love people's vacay pics!!!

I don't go on vacay until october. *sigh*

Yup. Vacation next week. Get to hang out with Chammy and Loren on Tuesday. I'll make sure to post some pics. :D

Tots jealy

I AM going the distance

Muay Thai yesterday. We worked the hip crank which is a great defense or take down. Combo 5,2,3 rear body kick defend w hip crank, and combo 1,1,3,2 rear body while opponent defends.

Made my knee tweaky w all the medial rotation. This is why Muay Thai is last to come back. Plus my knee was all banged up from sparring.

Going to lift in a few then a run.

I leave you with this: coach's assistant competed in her first lifting meet and oh yes set American records. HOOYAH

I AM going the distance

Oh, I gotta hire a decent assistant so I can take off early to get to the dojo a couple days each week.  

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

How's the knee feel this morning? Must've recovered a bit if you're going for a run.

New American records? Your coaches sure know what they're talking about ( if there was any doubt ).

I went to lift and the run is later.

Lifted light-ish squats at 160# for 15 x 5 but I forgot my shoes boo. Lifted 10 w no belt.

BP 90% of max for 7 x 2 had to squelch the demon why cry which I did! Did most wo spotter! Nice! I only need the spotter for I racking at this weight.

Light DL at 70% max (only 195) for 4 x 7 touch and go. Kicked these!!

RDLs fairly heavy 6 x 6

Run in a bit. I had to eat first.

Run is a virtual 5k. Imma gonna do a rocky run!!! Squeeeee. I've been watching rocky training montages and I'm wearing my crazy shorts!!! Squeeeee!!!

So coach's asst squatted 369, did pause bench at 253, and DL 507!!! And no she does not even weigh 200#. I think she's around 185 but I'm not sure. Her first meet and she set an American record. Coach knows what the eff he's doing. He's now got 2 record holders!!! She's soooo amazing. I would have given anything to see it. I saw her pull 505 the other day and was cheering at the vid. Damn. Strong woman.

And we harvested about 20# of squash and 5# of tomatoes.

I logged food but did not look bc I am sad that cider made me drink it...

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines