cline - Eye of the Tiger

cline

Those records are so inspiring! I can't wait to put some serious work into upping my lifts after Baby A arrives! And I know I'm late to the party but spousal unit's box? *shudder* This is part of the reason I fear moving away from my current small town; I trust the knowledge and skills of my coaches; they put a lot of thought into the programming and they take extreme care to make sure the athletes actually know what they're doing before they let them do it. I feel like if I move it's going to be a crap shoot if I can find a good box or not. Good thing I know all these nerds who can give me recommendations!!!

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

I ran my 5K yesterday.  A buddy from MMA ran with me.  He's a super runner so our time was sloooow for him but he was so nice to do it with me.  It turned out to be about 86 deg when we ran, so BOO on the hot and having to run in the sun in the city.  Boo. 

But I did it and still finished in about 27 mins, which isn't too shabby considering all the lifting I did that morning.  All I care about is keeping it under 30 mins. 

And we got my pic at the Rocky Steps (yes we ran them up and down for extra credit!). 

Then we had a celebratory beer which turned into another couple of beers (b/c spousal unit showed up).  spousal unit is BAD with beer and influences bad decision making in me.  BAD BAD

I tracked all my food and my calories are all over the place.  *sigh*.  But now I have a solid week of tracking in my fitness pal so I can ask my folks to review it for me.  The thing is I haven't tracked exercise in MFP because I can't figure out how to do it in any way that's actually meaningful.  Most of the stuff I do isn't in the data base etc.  *sigh*

Tonight I'm missing Muay Thai and going to the gym b/c I have a community meeting.  Boo.  Throws my whole week off.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I tracked all my food and my calories are all over the place.  *sigh*.  But now I have a solid week of tracking in my fitness pal so I can ask my folks to review it for me.  The thing is I haven't tracked exercise in MFP because I can't figure out how to do it in any way that's actually meaningful.  Most of the stuff I do isn't in the data base etc.  *sigh*

Tip I picked up from Waldo - just use the calisthenics entries.  Vigorous effort from when you're working hard, moderate effort if you're doing form/deload/easy work.  For being a wild stab in the dark estimate, it feels pretty accurate to me.

27 minutes for a 5K in 86 degrees is not too shabby indeed; maybe it's just that I don't run enough, but I've only been able to get sub 9 min miles when it's cool -- I've tried when it was closer to 80 degrees before and I think barely kept it under 30 mins if I managed at all.

That's one of my complaints with MFP. Strength training tracking isn't very meaningful in there. It's pretty darn good at tracking intake and common stuff like walking, running, etc. I haven't checked, but I'm sure Muay Thai isn't in there either.

But that's a great workout and a damn nice run after all that lifting. Well done!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Tip I picked up from Waldo - just use the calisthenics entries.  Vigorous effort from when you're working hard, moderate effort if you're doing form/deload/easy work.  For being a wild stab in the dark estimate, it feels pretty accurate to me.

That's not bad.  I started putting them in the notes section but it was a pain in the ass.  That might work.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

27 minutes for a 5K in 86 degrees is not too shabby indeed; maybe it's just that I don't run enough, but I've only been able to get sub 9 min miles when it's cool -- I've tried when it was closer to 80 degrees before and I think barely kept it under 30 mins if I managed at all.

yeah heat really slows me down both physically and psychologically.  And we were in the sun on city sidewalks.  I start thinking about how hot I am and whoosh there goes the mental wall. 

I hate heat.  I would prefer 80 to be the max summer temp.

I AM going the distance

yeah heat really slows me down both physically and psychologically.  And we were in the sun on city sidewalks.  I start thinking about how hot I am and whoosh there goes the mental wall. 

I hate heat.  I would prefer 80 to be the max summer temp.

After four years in Texas I'm like, how nice, it's only in the low nineties! Which doesn't mean I don't still think it's hot, just that it's better than the usual. (It rained this weekend but it got over 100 every day all last week.)

80 has the max summer temp sounds nice and comfy. Mid 80s with a breeze is pretty nice too. That's my spring and fall.

I actually love people's vacay pics!!! 

I don't go on vacay until october.  *sigh*

Vacay is October for me as well :(  Where are you going?  We are heading to San Fran :)

Sounds like a pretty awesome week happening up in Cline's life!!  So many squats, so many BPs, awesome run!  Love the Rocky pic too :)

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

Assistance work last night included close grip bench press at 80% for 6 x 4 and per stuff. Conferencing all day today. Wish me luck and lots of coffee nerds.

I AM going the distance

coffee didn't help me this morning. 

blerg.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Woah I'm like PAGES behind I'm so sorry I fell of the grid here. 

From the a quick once-over it looks like you're doing pretty awesome. I'm glad you're hitting PRs in the gym and overcoming mucho things. So proud and so excited to keep tracking ya when I can!! 

Surge, Level 3 Wood Elf RangerSTR 13.5 | DEX 4.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 7.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 5"Surge Supra : Rise Above"

Operation: Just Do It

"When running up a hill it's alright to give up as many times as you wish; as long as your feet keep moving."

Conferencing over! Thanks for happy caffeinated thoughts. No workout last night bc conference and networking event. Booooo. Muay Thai tonight. Huzzah. Too too too much sitting. Ugh.

I AM going the distance

Okay past two days kind of a blur of conferencing.

Felt the last two days were crap eating b/c of conference, but looking back not terrible.  Tues was fine and good with breakfast at home, lunch there but they had the most excellent options for me but then everybody got cheesecake. BOO!  And I believe there were a few peanut M & Ms in the afternoon.  This was, in part, a team building event so communal eating is part of the celebration, team building.  AND I really like these people.  Then there was some wine at the networking event.  Dinner was on my own but I believe a beer showed up.  Dinner was fine except it included some cheese.  Boo.  But not a total loss.  Food the next day was worse b/c there was only a scone for snacks.  I haven't had a scone in about 2 years.  I needed food, so I ate it.  Lunch was a box lunch I'd pre ordered gluten free.  FTW!  lettuce wraps.  Except, they were the smallest things you've ever seen with a combined total of MAYBE maybe 1 oz of chicken.  UGH!  I was starving by the time I got home.  Ate healthy paleo snacks, paleo dinner. 

No tracking those two days b/c no access to computer. 

But my workout was not well fueled.  I struggled with tanking.

Muay Thai was so hard last night.  Tons of kicks and knees which is exhausting.  Plus 5 mins of straight jump rope before the rest of the conditioning kills us!!! 

But I had an awesome partner so we stayed for another 25 minutes of exhausting sparring!  woot.  Got 90 mins of Muay Thai in!  SQUEEE!

Lifting tonight and then another work dinner!  AIEEEEEE!

I AM going the distance

This is my explanation for your box lunch: Gluten free -> no bread -> low carb -> diet -> tiny portions of everything else

It would be nice if you could pick a calorie range for these things as well as whatever other dietary restrictions you might have so you can get enough food. Though I foresee that going down the "men's meals=500+ calories/women's meals=350 calories" route.

This is my explanation for your box lunch: Gluten free -> no bread -> low carb -> diet -> tiny portions of everything else

It would be nice if you could pick a calorie range for these things as well as whatever other dietary restrictions you might have so you can get enough food. Though I foresee that going down the "men's meals=500+ calories/women's meals=350 calories" route.

Yeah I think you are right.  I would have liked the "Can I haz 4 lunches?" option.  LOL.  I really appreciated the effort and the lettuce wrap was an awesome solution but they were sooooooo small

I AM going the distance

workout, work dinner, back to work today, gotta run across campus for a meeting I'm not late for... interview later to hire... long ass day.  work...

Chris-Bosh-Hands-on-Head-and-Screams-GM7

I AM going the distance

show up at meeting - just me and another doc and guess what?  Ain't nobody in the big fancy conference room so we left!

happy-dance-.gif

Took the long way back to the office, stopped for a snack. 

Oh yeah, and last night among other things I pulled my 1RM 4x. 

I AM going the distance

I love how you just slide that in all casually. No big deal. Big woots!!!

I know, right?  Like the called off meeting gets the excited gif, and this is BFD.

actually, I was pretty stoked the big fancy meeting was cancelled.  I managed to get in nearly a mile walk going there and back (direct route there, leisurely route back) and it's a glorious day.

But thanks.  I wrestled with that as an accomplishment b/c program called for 3 x 4 at 100% and I didn't succeed.  So I was mixed.  I was happy with 4 but sad that I didn't complete my program.

Then I did a bunch of heavy rows w BB and DB (one arm).  Got to use the big DBs.  Heh. 

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines