Wreaking Havock is what I generally do. Mostly resulting in injury to myself lol. I have attempted and failed many times to lose weight since having children, but I got a medical scare this week that has finally kicked things up.

I'm a major perpetrator of going to the gym and doing nothing useful. I actually realized several times that I was reaching a comfort zone and just staying there. This past week all this laziness landed me in the hospital. I had high cholesterol (no surprise when I look at my diet) and a Niacin deficiency (probably also from my diet). So now I'm done playing around with this and ready to kick some ass.

So this month I'm giving up soda and coffee (weaning the caffeine off by drinking tea) and exercising at least 20 mins a day. I go back to the doctor in a month, lets hope there is a significant change. :)

~Havock
N7 Lycan. Scout at heart, training with the Rangers.

{Level 1} STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

Caffeine is a funny thing for me. In high school all I drank was soda, and I mean like 6-8 soda's a day. It was ridic! Well it caught up with me and I got a cyst from the caffeine and cut it out of my diet completely for almost 3 years. Then I met a guy (whose now my hubby) and first it was tea, then coffee, then diet soda, and bam I'm totally addicted again. When I was preggo with the second lil' spawn I attempted to stop the caffeine and had the OBGYN tell me to please just have some coffee in the morning (apparently i was rather moody, and there was the headaches).

I don't like being controlled by a substance so its time to wean off it then stomp it when its weak. :)

(yay its Val!!!!)

~Havock

Keep at it CapN, I'm surprisingly headache free with the tea and taking my time. I just have a goal to be on decaf tea by next monday. Just scale it down one serving at a time. Baby steps, thats the thing the gym never tells you. The way they sell you contracts you would think the treadmills were magical lol.

Had a great book, "Caffeine Blues" can't remember the author (for shame since my hubby is a writer) but had a ton of good info on how caffeine effects our bodies.

~Havock

If scaling it down doesn't work, may I suggest trying the cold turkey approach?

I don't have a coffee addiction, but sugar has a certain effect on me; if I don't have any, I don't want any. If I have some, I want more and more and more.

I gather that caffeine does have addictive properties, so if you're going to have to go through some form of withdrawal, it may actually be easier just to get it over with, rather than drag it out.

If the phrase "never drink coffee again" is too scary, try "I won't drink it for the rest of the week", or "I won't drink it this month", and see how that goes?