• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

missjoana

missjoana 2nd challenge!

Second challenge and, hopefully, I will get more things done.

So, in the last challenge I learned a lot about my limitations. My goals now are not very different from what they were, because I know I could have done better, so I decided to put in a way it would still be challenging, but “easier†to accomplish. Also, my classes start again next week and, with my internship, I know my free time will be limited.

My main quest is lose 10 kgs by November 31st

I have three motivations

1 – Looking in the mirror and thinking “I am happy with my look and healthâ€

2 – Exchange program in 2014 to the US

3 - My graduation from university next year

Things I already do that will help me complete the quest: gym three times a week

Sub quest 1:

Run at least 20 minutes 3x a week, it doesn’t matter if in a treadmill or outside

A: 6 weeks

B: 5 weeks

C: 4 weeks

D: 3 weeks

E: 2 week

F: 1 week

Sub quest 2:

Maximum of one piece of chocolate per week

Why: After spending I don’t know how many days without chocolate, after the challenge I totally lost control. So, by “allowing†myself to eat it once, my goal is to avoid this again.

Sub quest 3:

Incorporating a “more paleo life styleâ€

A: No Grains At Least Five Days A Week For All Six Weeks

B: No Grains At Least Four Days A Week For All Six Weeks

C: No Grains At Least Four Days A Week For Four Weeks

D: No Grains At Least Three Days A Week For Three Weeks

F: No Grains Less Than Three Days A Week For Three Weeks

Life side quest

Getting things done!

Pretty much every morning I write a checklist of things I have to do for the day (study, cleaning my room, work related stuff) and my goal is, by the end of the week, I don’t want anything delayed.

As it is pretty late, I will put my stats on tomorrow!

Stats:

Weight: 69 kg (152 pounds) - on 07/29

On 08/04:

Relaxed arm: 28 cm

Flexed arm: 30 cm

Thighs:55 cm

Chest: 86 cm

Shoulder: 99 cm

Waist: 77 cm

"Belly": 93 cm

Hips: 105 cm

Calf: 39 cm

Neck: 33 cm

Edited by missjoana

Looking good, you might want to list how much chocolate you are going to allow yourself on your chocolate day. :) The classes and internship will definately keep you busy but I know you will rock this challenge.

I'm terrible at 'getting things done'! I know what needs doing i.e. housework, exercise, but if I don't put it on my to-do list it doesn't get done :P

Good luck!

Hey shrinkingviolet and KingLeeroy, thank you for stopping by again! The support in the last challenge really helped me!

Arrilian Princess and LadyWatch, thank you for stopping by! Hope to see you several times again!

Good luck on your second challenge Miss Joana!!  You'll have to tell me whether you do the color run or not!

There is going to be one in my city in September. But I am worried, I can barely run 2,5k now, will I be able do run 5k in a month? I wish I had seen it earlier, I would've started training earlier!

Looking good, you might want to list how much chocolate you are going to allow yourself on your chocolate day. :) The classes and internship will definately keep you busy but I know you will rock this challenge.

I thought about that today, I decided on 25g. I think it will satisfy my sweet tooth, but it won't be too much!

I'm terrible at 'getting things done'! I know what needs doing i.e. housework, exercise, but if I don't put it on my to-do list it doesn't get done :tongue:

Good luck!

Well, I am going to be honest, right now, even if I put in my to-do list it doesn't get done.

So, to be blunt, today was a total failure. I woke up late and had to eat the first thing in front of me (bread), then I when I left home I forgot my lunch and some fruits and yogurt. When it was lunch time I eat fish thinlking it was a good choice but, after finishing it, I realized it was probably done with wheat flour. So,  late afternoon I was so hungry I eat what my workmate had taken and it was hot day from the party we had last week. It sucks that the only restaurant close to my internship serves what we call salgadinhos, that are usually fried and not healthy at all. 

My to-do list wasn't big, but it had a lot of really important things. But I didn't manage to do three: clean my run, measure myself (is this right) and doing something I don't know the name in english (check what I spent, what is my credit card bill and so on) 

But, the good thing, no chocolate today!

And this isn't a run / gym day, at least not in my original plans. But now I am thinking about changing my schedule to try to run the 5k. Or try to find another 5k in October or November

Measure yourself is correct, :) You know until you added the comments in brackets, I didn't even realize English wasn't your first language and I know you are from Brazil! As for the other one, there are several names it could go by, but you could call it financial planning.

The days were you sleep in it is hard to get on the right foot, you did one thing right and that was no chocolate. Consider that your accomplishment for the day, and the fish. Yes it might have had wheat but what other options could you have. Sometimes we just have to make the best of a situation. :)

No day is a total failure, we're just conditioned to think that if we don't meet all out planned goals then that's automatically a 'fail'... When in reality, getting up at all is a win, going to work is a win, acknowledging that you've not eaten the best that you could is a win! And no chocolate is definitely a win! Give yourself a pat on the back and put yesterday behind you... today is a brand new day and it's going to be brilliant!

Absolutely what Ladywitch said! We want to make big changes but they happen slowly and every failure is a success because you are trying, you are kicking ass and we have your back!

To be honest, one of the main things I need to change is how I see things and how I deal with that. For example, if I eat something "wrong" instead of "well, one mistake, let's move on" I usually thing "total failure" and keeping eating. And sometimes I only realize I did this long after.

So, this last couple days were hard for several reason, I am focusing here only on the main ones.

A couple of weeks ago, pretty much in the middle of the last challenge, I caught a cold and I got pretty sick. I spent more than one week without exercising and, when I got back, I had to take lots of steps back. To be honest, I am not at my 100%, I am still coughing a lot. Yesterday when I want to run, I realized that, right now, I can barely run 8 minutes without being out of breath and starting feeling bad. Before getting sick, I could do much more than 20 minutes. So, I will have to change my goals a bit, change "running" to "running and walking" for the first 2/3 weeks.

And, also while I was at the gym, I made a wrong moving and hurt my right arm. I don't know exactly what happened but it hurt (and still hurts) and, even now, more than 24 hours later, I can't do some movements with my arm. 

I ate my chocolate piece today, so no chocolate for the rest of the week and paleo breakfast and lunch, so I am quite happy about that!

Because of my arm, I didn't measure myself yesterday (I got home and went straight to bad) nor today, so I hope to do this tomorrow or Saturday.

I think a lot of us do that whole 'eaten something bad, keep eating bad' it's why I find a food diary helps, as it makes you think about everything that goes in your mouth. One slip is fine, we are only human, and no one ever said you can never have a treat again, but we're so conditioned to believe we deserve 'treats' every day, that depriving ourselves of them is actually painful!

I can definitely understand not being able to exercise! Between my ankle playing up and spilling boiling oil on my foot, I've barely done any exercise this week. But they say exercise is only 20% of the battle, the rest is diet, so missing a few days to heal up shouldn't make much of a dent! Just take it slow and listen to your body :)

I think a lot of us do that whole 'eaten something bad, keep eating bad' it's why I find a food diary helps, as it makes you think about everything that goes in your mouth. One slip is fine, we are only human, and no one ever said you can never have a treat again, but we're so conditioned to believe we deserve 'treats' every day, that depriving ourselves of them is actually painful!

So, I decided to create a food log on myfitnesspal to help me with that. It was great because I finished reading Primal blueprint last week, so I was able to put my nutrients intake paleo

How is your arm feeling?

My arm is so much better. It really hurt Thursday, but yesterday it felt better.

Today was workout day and it was great. I didn't use much of my arm, I am still afraid, but, otherwise, did all th3 exercise. I did 10 minutes of elliptical and another 10 running. My paleo project is doing well, but I think that with the control I will have it will be better.

I was able to that my measures today, so Iam editing the first post. My plan is to do it again between weeks 3 and 4 and in the end of the challenge. But I will weight myself every Sunday.

Hey Miss Jo!

Nice job on reading Primal!  I'm sorry to hear your arm is not well and that you are not yet 100%.  Just keep moving foward...and don't forget to listen to your body and what it needs! ;)

Oh yes I have a copy of the Primal Blueprint, it was the first learning about paleo/primal, well after I listened to Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. I used to read Mark's Daily Apple every day now I probably check it once a week, but it is still one of the best search tools I've found for specific question, he has covered a lot of stuff. 

Glad you arm is feeling better, hope it heals up fully soon!

Hello everybody!

So, classes started and things are hard! My to-do list only gets bigger and I have no time to do things, I didn´t registred any food on my food diary since sunday because I don't remember, I feel I lost control of my food habits AND I haven't been able to come and check the forum. So yeah, things are not that good.

I think it all started when I weighted myself Sunday and saw that I didn't lose any weight. I was so disappointed!! I only realized it yesterday, so I hove I will be able to do things better this week!

Man you sound busy! I hope you don't feel to stressed out, just take it one day at a time and we have your back if you need support, please feel free to moan in my direction if you need to :)

Hey Jo!  How's it going?  I know you are probably reading the messages but haven't had a chance to comment.  I just wanted to let you know that I'm still rooting for you!  Don't worry about what you've missed or what didn't happen last week.  Just remember what your goals are and start again! Love ya!

Hi guys! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING UP WITH ME! 

The past week was really crazy, I am leaving my house at 7:30am and only getting back 9:00pm, sometimes later. I receive all the messages (from my topic and yours too) in my e-mail, so even if I don't answer or post anything, I am following everybody. My cellphone doesn't open the forum well, so I can only reply in my computer.

i am still struggling with paleo and because of the same reason, my schedule is so hectic that when I get home I am tired and eat the first thing in front of me (that is usually bread). That is pretty much the same reason why my to-do list is only growing, not going smaller.

I am doing fine with the other goals, I am running the 20 minutes everytime before/after working out and I am controlling my chocolate and that is a really good thing.

Glad to hear you are doing well with your goals! Well done and it is good to hear from you always! I have definitely been there, you have had a busy day and you just want to put something in your face but at least you are still trying :)