Lapetitelionne is awakening the lioness!

Thought I'd get this thread started. I took my starting photos today and weighed myself (although it was at home & I prefer the scale at the gym). I'll do measurements later.

This morning I stocked up on fruits & veggies galore. As soon as I log off here I'm headed to the kitchen to pre-chop/package everything. No excuses. Tomorrow begins my foray into the world of paleo. First step - eliminate grains.

Next week will consist of C25K, body weight workouts and yoga!

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality" - Jules De Gallier

So I can tell already my biggest struggle won't be "grains" per se. It's going to be white potatoes prepared in incredibly unhealthy ways.

I wish I could say this weekend was a blazing success. It was more focusing on one conversation at a time, one foot in front of the other, one smile at a time....I was just trying to get through one encounter at a time. Saturday afternoon I started feeling rather ill but we had so much going on that I couldn't just rest. We were either out and about or had people over. I did apologize to some guests and took a two hour nap Sunday afternoon and that got me through the rest of the day. Yesterday I was able to nap about 45 mins in the car during a trip but the rest of the day was crazy and ended with a 12:30 bedtime. There was NO WAY I was getting up at 4:30 this morning but I did have my food prepped so I'm set. Unfortunately I can't fathom trying to eat right now. Nauseous, eyes burning & freezing (although that's due to the A/C blasting down on my desk)...I'll do the best I can today. I'm sipping on water hoping that most of it is cause by dehydration. I was horrible about drinking water this weekend so that's entirely possible. Hoping to either feel better & workout or go to bed ultra early tonight!

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

Yeah I KNOW how quickly I dehydrate and how bad I feel so I usually keep a bottle of water with me at all times. I left without it yesterday morning & it went downhill from there. One bottle down and already feeling a bit better...well enough to have some watermelon anyway!

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

I'm not dead. Really. I got over the stomach bug & promptly was walloped by the flu. After years of rarely getting sick, I've picked up every little bug this past year...since I started working out at the campus gym oddly enough. I'm really focusing on hydration and nutrition and washing my hands. All. The Freaking. Time. I only rarely use anti-bacterial stuff. The good news? I don't seem to have lost any ground in race training. I've lost a few pounds and while that's definitely needed, it's not needed like THIS - for lack of eating at all. I'm a little weak in strength training but meh, it's something to work on. Again. I could be upset & frustrated & mad but honestly - it's not worth the energy. It won't change anything. I know what needs to be done so I'll use the energy to just do it.

• Human Adventurer

Level 0