Turbo_Tortoise155 <3 Hola Gatito

Hey fellow Rangers,

Posting this right now. Goals to come tomorrow. I'm working overtime tonight, so not much time to post.

SO PUMPED FOR THIS NEW CHALLENGE!!

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

You know I'm on board!

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Goals:

Get Stronger. Do Cardio

I will continue my body weight circuit twice weekly. I'll also be swimming and doing water aerobics since I'm really starting to love it.

3 Hours of Total Weekly Exercise

Deal with Hunger

I know I use food for emotional reasons. Because I'm bored, stressed, happy, sad.. whatever. I want to try to keep at least 3 hours between meals. I get hungry at like 2 hours even with big meals.. which is crazy. I think my body just expects food because I eat all the time. I'll also be eating within calories.

3 hours between meals, Eat within calories

Spend within grocery budget

My husband is going part time so we can have someone home with our daughter over the weekend. As a result I'm working more. Even with the extra money from me working more we are still behind with paying for my husband to go to school. Plus, one of our cars is on its way out. I'm really needing to be careful about spending, and our biggest expenditure is grocery shopping. Normally I budget $250 every two weeks.

Some Me Time

With extra work and potential stresses I know I have a tendency to sacrifice time for myself. I want to maintain that. I want to spend at least 1 hour a week on me time... it can be more than that or even split up into smaller chunks throughout the week.

At least one hour of me time a week

Level 2 Ranger

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

Great goals, Turbo. I do the same thing with food. I get bored, I eat. I get Stressed, I eat. Then when I do I'm hungry again within an hour and eat again. Of course I'm not really hungry, I just try and make myself feel better with food. Can't wait to see your progress. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Great goals, Turbo. I do the same thing with food. I get bored, I eat. I get Stressed, I eat. Then when I do I'm hungry again within an hour and eat again. Of course I'm not really hungry, I just try and make myself feel better with food. Can't wait to see your progress. 

Thank you! I'm hoping to completely re-vamp the way I see food. It is a give a man a fish - teach a man to fish situation.

The goals are going pretty good.

Sunday, Monday and Wednesday (today) I ate within my calories. Tuesday I went a little crazy. I ate 1170 calories over my daily allotment =/ Not to psyched about that, but we'll see what the scale says Monday morning.

Went to the gym today for the first time 2.5 weeks! With everything I had to do and working extra before vacation.. then vacation... then working for three straight nights when I got back... no gym happened. Now we (me and the family) are getting back into the swing of things.

Got through two body weight circuits, 20 full push-ups and the squats for the third before I started to get dizzy and want to pass out. I figured maybe if I laid down I'd feel better, so I did some crunches. I didn't feel like passing out anymore, but I still felt pretty dizzy. I decided to go ahead and change, give myself a little time to recover. Got the the gym and tried to pass out again!! I had to wind up laying down in the changing room again. The carpet smelled disgusting! Started to feel better. Got into the pool and only swam four laps before they closed the pool! Whaaat? Lightning =( So I decided to pack it up and go home. It was probably for the best.

Looking forward to the gym tomorrow. I'm also getting paid tomorrow.. so budgeting, meal planning and grocery shopping is in my near future. I enjoy the planning and the shopping =D

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

I understand the spending within your grocery budget goal! I'm trying toget my credit card down to half the limit before school starts up again and food is definitely one of those flexible areas for budgeting. More vegetarian/ vegetable dominate meals in my future. As long as I'm fueling my body properly, right?

Does your family have any food allergies or preferences/dislikes? I'll pass along any good recipes or tips I find on the way that could help :)

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Awesome goals!  glad to see you are back again this challenge =)

do you eat before you work out?  it sounds like your blood sugar may be dropping causing you to get dizzy.

I did eat. I had a cold cut sandwich about an hour before I went. Maybe I need to eat like a full meal. Maybe I can time it so I have a larger meal or maybe have some crackers or something.

I feel like it may be more cardiac related. I'm wondering if I need to try to beef up my cardio? I'm not really sure how to go about it. I'm thinking it will get better as I'm more consistent with my workouts.. at least I'm hoping. In the meantime I guess I'll just have to pay attention and know my limits.

I understand the spending within your grocery budget goal! I'm trying toget my credit card down to half the limit before school starts up again and food is definitely one of those flexible areas for budgeting. More vegetarian/ vegetable dominate meals in my future. As long as I'm fueling my body properly, right?

Does your family have any food allergies or preferences/dislikes? I'll pass along any good recipes or tips I find on the way that could help :)

No food allergies to speak of. We are pretty flexible with food.. not too picky. I'd welcome any new recipe ideas! =D

Today went well. Ate within my calories. I budgeted and went grocery shopping. I didn't wind up getting to the gym, but I'm ok with that. I got at least 40 minutes in on Wednesday, so If I can get some swimming in tomorrow I'll be good for my goals. I'm looking forward to my circuit tomorrow!! Hopefully I can get my push-ups back to 3 sets of 10.

I also got several hours of "me" time last night. That involved eating chocolate and watching ANIME!! wOOT!

The one thing I'm still struggling leaving 3 hours in between meals. I'm thinking this has a lot to do with me snacking. I am drinking water in between to try and get more time in between eating. Once today and yesterday I ate too soon. Honestly giving myself more time has helped me a lot with eating within my calories.

Working tomorrow night, Saturday and Monday coming up. Looking forward to my weigh in Monday. I'm wanting to get some measurements done as well. I wanted to give it a week so I could get back into some norm after vacation.

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-white-beans-344609

That recipe had my roommate and neighbour singing my high praises. I paired it with brown rice but potatoes or just alone would be good. Easy and very cheap if you have the spices on hand (I omitted the sausage and used vegetable stock to cook the beans in).

Did you go see a doctor before starting your workouts? It's advisable so they're able to tell you if you have any conditions that might limit your ability to do certain actions right off the bat. I get dizzy sometimes if I'm running too hard at once (kind of light headed) and usually slow down till I feel better or if t doesn't go away I stop and just walk for a few minutes. You might just need to go a bit easier at first to ensure your cardiovascular system can keep up with the new demands you're putting on it. I get out of breath far before my muscles start giving up, but over time my endurance has been increasing.

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Week 1 Recap

Get Stronger. Do Cardio

I got 2/3 of my body weight circuit done. 33.4%

Circuit, 15 min warm up, 10 minutes of swimming plus crunches = 40 minutes workout time. 22.3%  Total Score 27.8%

My first trip to the gym was kind of a dud. I didn't get through the whole circuit. I didn't get to swim as much as I wanted because of the weather. I didn't get back to the gym. That is my fault since I prioritized other things above that.

Over vacation my daughter developed the habit of sleeping til like 10am. She only takes one nap during the day now, which is what she is supposed to be doing at this age. However, our habit of her getting us up in the morning is now gone. Then, my husband doesn't want to go unless it is in the morning =/. It does get crowded later in the day. I guess I'm just going to have to go by myself.

Deal with Hunger

I have been kicking butt on this goal. I have only eaten sooner than 3 hours twice. It has really help me not eat unless I'm hungry. Now when I eat I am definitely hungry!!! 90%

At within my calories every day except Tuesday. 6/7 - 85.7% Total Score 87.9%

Today after getting home from work I slept about an hour before having to head to a meeting. When I got home I had to send some emails. I really didn't get to sleep til 6pm, up by 8:45. It really jacked up my eating. I wound up not tracking just because my hunger was out of control. I do this to myself sometimes. I don't schedule myself advantageously to make good choices. Next week there won't be a meeting, so i can just come home and sleep after working friday-monday.

I am determined to get to the gym tomorrow!!! I'll also get back on track food-wise. I'll post how the work out goes. =)

Still have $100 of grocery budget left!! Total Score 100%

Some Me Time

I have been doing really well with me time. I had several hours of it this week. Mostly catching up on TV watching. I'd like to pretend to be more sophisticated than that. Working on my novel or studying nursing journals in my spare time, but the truth is I just want to chill. Total Score 100%

Good news 1lb down from last week. yay. Measurements once I've had a decent night sleep.=D

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

Completed circuit 1 today! Instead of walking 5 min, running 10 for my warm up I did 5 min walk, 5 min run. That has helped keep me from my dizzy spells in the past. I really want to do a little more of a warm up, but to me the circuit is more important. So I plan on increasing the run by a minute each circuit starting next week.

It worked. I only got dizzy a little toward the end. I was able to push through it. My push-ups were a little sad. I did 5, then 4, then 2 full plus 10 modified each time. That is pretty much to be expected since working out has been on the back burner for awhile. I went swimming after that, laps for about 10 minutes. Total workout time: 55 minutes

I didn't eat right yesterday. Today I did really well. Today also involved a nap which I feel really helped!! haha. Less time to be awake and hungry I guess. lol.

Looking forward to some water aerobics or other class tomorrow morning!! Circuit Friday morning as well.

Hope everyone is doing well. Lets kick some butt during week 2!!

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

Good job! You did a great job looking at your week one recap and with your workout posted from day two it sounds like you're making a great comeback on your first goal :-D

Glad to see dialog it back a little helped with the dizzy spell. Your body will catch up to what you want to be able to do soon enough :)

Today - deep water aerobics! 45 minutes of class. I got there early and did 12 minutes of laps before hand. I'm so happy to be home and don't have to go to work tonight!! Ahhh! ;D

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

Great job on week 1!  I love hearing about you kicking butt on hunger and on "you time".  I'm thinking about starting some intermittent fasting, so I'm sure I'll be battling the hunger beast whenever I start it.

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Friday – Finished my second circuit of the week for the win!! Also swam laps for 20 minutes. All told absolutely over an hour which means I fulfilled my first goal completely for week 2!!

Also, my push-ups are back to standard. 30 push-ups done in 3 sets of 10.. hmm.. I wonder if I can get them to 11 or 12 each set next time??

Week 2 Recap

Get Stronger. Do Cardio

I got 2/2 of my body weight circuit done. 100%

Over three hours of total work out time. 100% 

Total Score 100%

**addendum to last week’s score – I averaged 2/3 for my body weight circuits… it should have been 1 out of 2 making that percentage 50%. Total adjusted score 36.2%

Deal with Hunger

I have not been as diligent with my 3 hour goal as I had week 1. More like 50% 

Within my calorie goals every day except Monday and Tuesday =(. 5/7 – 71.5% Total Score 60.7%

Haven’t gone over!! I’m pretty sure everything is spent until Thursday. I have tons of groceries, though, so I’m feeling good. Total Score 100%

Some Me Time

Still rocking this! I got at least an hour of listening to a book on CD. Anybody here every read “City of Bones� Recommended to me by someone at work.. It is not knocking my socks off, but I’m enjoying it. I think that is partially because the reader sounds like a member of “The Californians†and I can’t take her seriously.

Sometimes it is hard for me to time this stuff since I am often doing two things at once… Watching TV and folding laundry or listening to a book on cd while doing the dishes. It has been nice to just focus on some time just for myself instead of trying to split myself up all the time.

Total Score 100%

I plan on weighing in on Wednesday. I just feel like getting a good night sleep before weigh-ins will give me more consistency. If I sleep Monday night (don’t get called into work) then I can do it Tuesday morning.

I know I have to do measurements!!!! Aahhh! I will…with my next weigh in I am committing to it!

I don’t know if I’ll be able to get a body fat percentage soon though.. I’m kind of avoiding the nurse at my gym since I made two appointments with her before vacation and didn’t show up for either =(. I know.. I suck. In my defense it was not malicious. I just totally forgot with all the stuff going on.

Here's to a great week 3!!

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-white-beans-344609

That recipe had my roommate and neighbour singing my high praises. I paired it with brown rice but potatoes or just alone would be good. Easy and very cheap if you have the spices on hand (I omitted the sausage and used vegetable stock to cook the beans in).

Did you go see a doctor before starting your workouts? It's advisable so they're able to tell you if you have any conditions that might limit your ability to do certain actions right off the bat. I get dizzy sometimes if I'm running too hard at once (kind of light headed) and usually slow down till I feel better or if t doesn't go away I stop and just walk for a few minutes. You might just need to go a bit easier at first to ensure your cardiovascular system can keep up with the new demands you're putting on it. I get out of breath far before my muscles start giving up, but over time my endurance has been increasing.

This recipe looks yummy!!! I love beans. =)

It is hard for me to imagine.. but I really think my cardia system cannot handle 10 minutes of running before the circuit! That is crazy to me... I feel like a weakling. Dropping my running down to 5 minutes really helped. When I start feeling like I can make it through the whole circuit well I'll start upping that by 1 minute until I hit 10 again.

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

It is hard for me to imagine.. but I really think my cardia system cannot handle 10 minutes of running before the circuit! That is crazy to me... I feel like a weakling. Dropping my running down to 5 minutes really helped. When I start feeling like I can make it through the whole circuit well I'll start upping that by 1 minute until I hit 10 again.

That's a great plan.  I know what you mean about feeling like a weakling, but you were smart to back it off.  You don't want your warm-up to wear you out so much that you can't get to the good stuff!

That's a great plan.  I know what you mean about feeling like a weakling, but you were smart to back it off.  You don't want your warm-up to wear you out so much that you can't get to the good stuff!

That is exactly what I'm thinking. I'd much rather get through my whole circuit than run 5 extra minutes. Thanks for the encouragement!

Todays circuit went well. I was feeling really good after walk 5, run 5. I wanted to keep going actually, but I decided not too in light of past circuits. I think I will increase by one minute starting Thursday if I feel the same.

Increased my dumb bells to 30lb for my rows (after vacation I went back down to 25). I increased my squat weight to 26lb. Getting through my squats is still pretty easy I must say besides the cardio element. I should keep increasing, but I guess I'm going to have to get creative. The heaviest dumb bell at the free weight section is 30lb, so I guess I could get all the way to 60lbs. We'll see. I also want to start using weight during my lunges. They are NOT easy by any stretch. I'm hurting pretty good by the time I'm done with each set.

Did my 3 sets of 10 push-ups. I was struggling by the 9th on each set, so I didn't up it. I'm still super happy I can get the full 30!!

Food is going well today. I already made a salad to bring to my church group tonight. I like to bring my food so I'm not tempted with snacks.

On the 3 hour front I'm doing well also. It is tricky sometimes eating enough to get me to the next meal. I'm so used to eating small frequent meals... But I did stop eating at 9pm last night and didn't eat til 10:30 this morning!! yay.

My macros are pretty shameful lately.. lots of carbs and sugars and not so much fat and protein. I really need to up those things. Right now I'm trying to be laser focused.. not trying to change too many things... so as long as I eat within my calories I'm happy. That is something I want to change, though. I hope to do it little by little.. like instead of eating a sandwich I put whatever I was going to put on bread on a salad.

Weigh in today was good: 189.6 (down 2.6 lbs)

I also got my body fat done at the gym. 32% That is down .7% from my last measurement. I'll post measurements later tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Go week 3!!

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

Good job! I'm inspired by your 30 pound rows, right now I'm using 8 pounds, dips and a push up app and my shoulders are still sore from my workout before.

You know what you have to so keep rocking it out!

awesome job!  keep it up =)

Thanks! You too!!

Good job! I'm inspired by your 30 pound rows, right now I'm using 8 pounds, dips and a push up app and my shoulders are still sore from my workout before.

You know what you have to so keep rocking it out!

Thanks so much. It has been slow going for me and the push-up/dumb-bell rows battle. The best thing I did was go slow and steady.

Recap of week 3!!

Get Stronger. Do Cardio

Wednesday I got my butt outside and did some major yard work. Our backyard is basically overrun with weeds. To really shed some light on how bad it is I wasn't even sure where our yard ended and our brick patio began. There was not only a layer of grass and weeds growing over the patio, but even a layer of dirt I had to get up under the weeds!!! It's like nature is eating my house! 2 hours of work there.

Thursday I did a bunch of house work. That doesn't count towards my work out goal, but if felt mighty good. I cleaned the floors in living room and kitchen. Put down a rug we bought from a friend. Did A LOT of laundry and spent time with my daughter. All in all a good day.

Friday 2nd circuit out of 2 complete. I was only able to do 9 push-ups during the second set, but 10 and 10 for the other two. I also did 5 push-ups at the end as a penalty, lol. I feel I should have stuck some push-ups in Wednesday night to keep my strength up? But now I've got a sore left shoulder like I may have strained it. I hope it is better by Tuesday!!

I also ran an extra minute. I wanted to do more because I felt so good, but I really wanted to get through my circuit. After the circuit 20 minutes of laps.

Circuit 2/2 Complete 100%

Over Three Hours of Total Work Out Time 100%

Total Score 100%

Deal with Hunger

I have completely lost track of this goal this week. Timing for events has heavily contributed for this. For example, if we are going to a friend's I want to bring something to eat to keep me from eating crap while I'm there. So, sometimes that means I'm eating 2 hours after I just ate (to eat my salad instead of the cake staring me in the face). Also, I think I've got PMS (TMI SORRY). So.. I'm pretty much constantly hungry. I've been eating smaller meals more often to compensate for that. *sigh* I'm not sure that more time in between meals will always work for me.

Ate within my calorie goals everyday except Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't know what it is about the middle of the week that gets me.. but it does. That is normally when we are most social... and my husband and I are eating together. Sometimes when I eat with him I start to rationalize that I should be able to eat like he does which is FALSE. I think my weigh in day also contributes to this. I see I've made progress and feel I should get a reward. Not good. I should reward myself with other things besides food. I want food to be for fuel and on holidays for fun.. not rewards or as an emotional crutch.

3 hour goal 30%

Calorie Goal 71.5%

Total Score 50.8%

Spend within Grocery Budget

Payday baby!! Yea! Went grocery shopping Thursday and came in $50 under my food spending. Now I just have to make that last the next two weeks for extra milk/bread etc that comes up.

Total Score 100%

Some Me Time

I have come to the conclusion that I get plenty of "Me Time" lol. Whether it is an hour before bed or during naps I do pretty well for myself. When I first started this challenge I felt like I got none!!! Recording it has really been an eye-opener. Something to appreciate about my life.

Total Score 100%

I am super glad I got my body fat done. I really REALLY need to do some measurements. At this point I won't see much of a difference by the end of this challenge, but I can use them for next challenge. Weigh in was under 190! I'm soo glad of this. I hope it keeps trending down, although I'm a bit nervous after my two days of eating free-for-all.

Three more weeks people!! I'd like to step it up for week 4!!! Mostly food-wise. I really want to focus on eating smarter (more veggies and protein, less carbs and sugar), and leaving that 3 hour gap in between meals.

Level 2 Ranger

Current Challenge:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines