Yellow Lily's first challenge

I am on a quest to be happier and feel better!

My first challenge :).

I have other things i'm working on at the same time.. but for this 6-week-challenge i want to focus on the following:

Main quest: Be constructive

reduce "doing nothing" time to an average of 2hrs of awake time per day (right now it's around 8) and spend more time doing things that will benefit me or my family.

Doing nothing includes but is not limited to:

• internet surfing, watching tv, playing computer games, social media, etc..

I will track this quest by:

• being conscious of my time
  • making conscious descisions to not procrastinate when the urge arises
  • clocking and recording the time I consider myself to be "doing nothing"

Side quest I: Fitness

Do a one hour yoga workout DVD 3 times a week

Side quest II: Education

Study/homework for minimum 12 hours per week - will attempt 3h/day, 4 days/wk but other combinations will work depending on 'life' on any given day.

Side quest III: Constructive "me" time

spend a minimum of 1 hour each day having constructive "me" time; examples include:

• listen to brain sync meditation and relaxation audios
  • listen to self-help audios or positive affirmations
  • read a self-help book
  • recreational reading
  • updating my 6-week-challenge
  • updating myfitnesspal

Thanks in advance for the support!

Wood Elf - Newbie Druid :pride:

|| LVL 1 || STR 1 || DEX 1 || STA 1 || CON 2 || WIS 6 || CHA 4 ||

First challenge || MyFitnessPal

You can do it! If you'd like a recommendation on books one of my faves is "The Tao of inner peace" by Diane Dreher.

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

I am feeling pretty good about my first challenge so far...

I spent the entire past week in Whistler with my kids, my mom and my sister.  We had our own little "book club" for the trip and read "Feel the Fear... and Do It Anyways". So i got some good self-help reading in and discussed it with them.  Also, i focused on spending lots of quality time with my kids and had a little bit of "me" time in there as well when i wasn't chasing after children :D

There was actually very little "doing nothing" time so i was proud of that.  I did not however make my studying or yoga goals... but now that i am back home i can get going on that again :)

I did go Ziptreking once, swimming daily, and for quite a few walks down the mountain into the village so still feel good about the fitness aspect.. although it wasn't yoga as set out in my challenge.

Hope you're doing well!  Have a great day!

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Week two went okay.. my "do nothing time" certainly crept up from week one, but i am averaging between 3 and 4 hours per day, so about half what it was. 

I have been studying a lot as i have an assignment due this week and had to catch up from my week off.. and much of my nothing time has been letting my brain rest when i feel i can't handle anymore (like you said Katia :)). Although i'm trying to replace some of my brain down-time with updating myfitnesspal and nf as those are leisurely things that i allowed myself. Still not getting around to my Yoga as much as i'd like, I did it once in week 2.. but studying is definitely on track and taking first priority right now (after the well-being of my family of course).

Anyways, that's this weeks update. :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines