almost boldly venturing into a new world

This is my first ever posting onto a forum so please forgive any jargon errors I might have.

First about me I guess. I am almost 34. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 225 pounds. I am a pediatric speech therapist and mother of a 5 year old boy.I spend my days playing with kids and getting up and down off the floor. I have been the same weight for 4 years, but it is getting harder to get up off the floor.

Long term goal: get back into size 12 pants (I wear size 16)

Short term goals:
1) Drink at least 3 glasses of water at work every day
(I don't know if we are supposed to have points or grades so I didn't include them but can add them later.)

2) weight or interval cardio workout 3
5 days a week

3) bring and eat a Paleo lunch to work 2 days a week

These goals are definitely accomplishable and I am excited to start!

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

On packing lunch: If you haven't tried taking Paleo "sandwiches" to work, you should! Portabella mushrooms or large lettuce leaves or even big lengthwise slices of cucumber serve well as "bread," and pretty much anything goes in between. Easy to pack too. These sandwiches changed my outlook on Paleo.

Good luck! Share your progress!

Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

ZonaryTurnip's first challenge: Level 1 Turnip!

I am very excited to try the portabella sandwiches!!  lunch number 2 done.  I also figured out my phone typing skills are not great.  my workout is 30 minutes 5 days a week and my lunch is 3 days a week.  I also added the life quest of 15 minutes uniterupted play daily with my son.  I know its not a lot but I am easily distracted so its a start for me. 

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Week one is over!!

My Grades are

1. Drink 3 24 oz glasses of water a day (75 oz daily)  Friday was not so good, only about 50 oz.  I was able to keep up with this goal over the weekend.
  2. 5 workouts during the week A
  3. 3 Paleo lunches taken to work A
  4. 15 minutes dedicated play time with my son A  I love this goal!! so fun

I am starting week 2 off strong 7:30 Monday morning and I have one glass of water down and 1 workout.  Yippee

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

So I had a rough day yesterday.  It's better today.  Yesterday I got in my play time, water, and a ABWW.  My lunch was pretty darn bad.  I started off okay then was thrown off by a phone call to my husband who wanted to go to lunch.  Cue slippery slope.  Anyway after an abysmal wagon crash yesterday, I started today off better.  Changed my workout from a run to a bike ride.  Not quite the aerobic workout that HIIT with running is but not to shabby.  I went it almost 6 miles.  I drank all of my water and made tunnels in the sandbox with my boy.  Anyway a much better day today and hoping for an excellent day tomorrow.  We are going camping this weekend so probably no more updates until Monday orTuesday. 

Thanks for all the encouragement, 

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

We just got back from a great camping trip.  No cell phone service for 50 miles.  Anyway, lots of family bonding and tons of time playing outside.  We went on multiple little hikes through the forest, cutting our own path.  We also hiked up to a waterfall (about 1.5 miles round trip).  I did a BBWW beside the stream and ran along the stream 2 mornings.  We camped about 2,000 feet higher than where we live, it defiantly made a difference in how far I could go.  Running up hill was not so much fun either.  But I got it done!!   After falling of the wagon last Tuesday, I did much better on my goals.  Unfortunately, I only worked 3 days last week giving me a 66% on my lunches goal.  I did some extra credit with burpies and 2 other Paleo meals.  So I will give myself a C.   The rest of my goals were met or exceeded. 

1. Drink 3 24 oz glasses of water a day (75 oz daily) A
  2. 5 workouts during the week A
  3. 3 Paleo lunches taken to work C
  4. 15 minutes dedicated play time with my son A 

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Hi! Sounds like it was fun! Looks like you also did really well on your goals despite being away from home!

Good Job! Wishing you the best on your continued progress! :peaceful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Whoo Hoo!!! :encouragement:

Keep going!!!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

1. Drink 3 24 oz glasses of water a day (75 oz daily) met every day and an extra 24 yesterday
  2. 5 workouts during the week A I got in  6 this week!!
  3. 3 Paleo lunches taken to work A
  4. 15 minutes dedicated play time with my son A  with some extra weekend time thrown in.  We played baseball today for almost an hour.

I had a great week and I got on the scale for the first time since the challenge started and am down 4 pounds!! yeah go me. 

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Whoo Hooo! That is some awesome progress! So glad you posted!! :peaceful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

This week is going okay.  Nothing ground breaking yet.  I am going to try a Tabata workout tomorrow (thanks Julia) that I googled.  It looks kinda tough but I am ready for a challenge.  I was also reading a post about doing a mile of Burpies.  While I don't think that is in my near future, one day before this challenge is over, I am going to do burpies for the length of my block.

I have been doing well on all of my goals.  I have drank my water, done 3 workouts and have played with my son.  I did great with lunch yesterday, today I ate part of an avocado for part of my lunch and as this was a new fruit (i think) to me, It didn't sit well so I had a few crackers to help settle my stomach.  I guess no more avocado for me.  I am giving my self a B for lunch today because I did try.

I am going to divide my points up as follows.  I think I would like to be an assassin with some scout thrown in.  I am not very dexterous but can definitely work on that.  I went rock climbing with my husband when we were dating and loved it, but am terrified of heights so he only took me a few times but I did enjoy it.

Strength:  My entire family is built like oxen.  My sister (i did say sister) plays professional women's football and made the world championship team, my mom can lift transmissions (I grew up in a junk yard).  I am definitely a little less strong, but  still feel that strength is worth 2 points.

Dexterity:  Not me, but something I want to work toward.  I smell goals for the next challenge. 1 point

Stamina:  I can jog for 45 minutes but not very fast so I guess this is worth 2 points

Constitution: I am rarely sick and have a determination not to sit around and wait to feel better before doing something that gets my blood moving at least a little; ya gotta circulate those white blood cells (if this is crazy inaccurate please let me know) 2 points

Wisdom:  I think I am smarter than the average bear even if not by much.  I am also curious enough to look up things that interest me.  While I don't have a great memory for facts, I can use google quite well and am pretty good at problem solving.  2 points 3 points is 0 is allowed.

Charisma:  Is 0 allowed?   I would rather read a book than talk to people.  I was doing an exercise with some of my clients today on conversational skills and re-realized how terrible I am at keeping a conversation going. 1 point unless 0 is allowed

Are we supposed to break these up by our goals too?  or is that for later?

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

I think Meta was just letting us get a feel for why we chose to distribute the points the way we did is all.

I LOVE avocado, but they upset my stomach sometimes too and mainly when I eat them straight. If you liked it you might try putting it in something. Just a thought.

Good job on your goals! :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Thanks for sharing, monkey! Ash is right - I was just curious why everyone picked what they did for their distribution. :)

Think about how you want each of your goals to affect your stats if successfully completed. It should be one point per goal. You'll get those points at the end of week 6, if you succeed!

surprised.jpg

A mile of burpees?!

Level 1 Human Onion Knight

Str 1, Dex 0, Sta 3, Con 2, Wis 3, Cha 1

Threads: Introduction | Challenge | The Brigade

Other Sites: Fitocracy | MyFitnessPal

Ya, not a mile for me.  I can't find the post right now but it took the guy 2 hours and 700+ burpies.  My block is more like 0.2 miles long. 

I woke up with a charlie horse in my calf yesterday so no tabata yet, but I did try to run, it was much more like a hobble so i did the ABWW yesterday.  My arms are crazy sore this morning so with a still tight calf and sore arms, I managed a walk.  I will do more later today.

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

So this week officially sucks for me. The cramp I had yesterday is actually a blood clot. So I have to remove my fitness goal a even standing for 5 minutes is enough to bring tears to my eyes. I an adding another diet goal so I don't have to drop out. My new goal is to eat at least 4 dinners a week with no processed foods or breads.

My grades were great this week until Friday I kept up with my water and girl workouts in. I also got 3 Paleo lunches in. I spent most of yesterday evening in the ER and my husband took out son out for the day so my playtime score is a C.

So that's 2 A's for water and lunches a B for workouts and a C for playtime. Not to bad for feeling like my would is crashing in on me

Level 4 Assassin

Challenge Thread

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines