CAlexRose - First challenge, need accountability

Main Quest

-Lose one dress size from a size 8 to a 6.

Simple.  Being a mesomorph with large bones that lift weights I don't own a scale (pointless for me) so I go by my own personal measurements.

Mission

-Drink close to a gallon of water a day, especially during my workout days.

Though I haven't had a soda in over a decade and fruit juice in about 5-6 years I need to work on my water intake.  Too much coffee and not enough water...

-Continue going to the gym and doing HIIT and heavy weights 4-5 days a week (with appropriate rest days).

I have always been active but, but challenging myself has been a...challenge for me. My average workout day includes:

• Squats - 150 lbs
  • Leg press - 450 lbs
  • Deadlifts - 120 lbs
  • Pull ups - full weight (mine)
  • Other weight lifting exercises...

I though in some HIIT, jump rope, and walking into the mix.  

-Avoiding sugar including natural sweeteners and high GI fruits.

Because I have the tendency towards insulin resistance, I need to keep my sugar intake on the lower side. 

Life Quest

I'm still working on my side quests but some of my challenges are definately health related.  Having both Multiple Sclerosis and Chronic Lyme Disease is a challenge (some days are better than others) but diet and fitness has proven to be very helpful for me. I've been Paleo on and off (before I knew it had a name) for about 5 years.  I've been gluten free since 2005 (before many people knew what gluten was) so I didn't feel the need to put it in my main goals.  Its the maintenance part that's sometimes challenging.

Day 2

Went to the gym this morning despite wanting to say in bed.  Since I did work out now 4 days in a row, I will rest tomorrow.

Leg press - 450 lbs

Calf raise - 350 lbs (necessary? I think so)

Deadlift - 100 lbs 

15 minutes walking uphill in intervals. 

So far I've had bacon, cabbage, cod, and another salad, stevia sweetened chocolate but still pretty hungry at 12:33 PM...

Wow, inspiring!  Good job so far!  Thanks for checking in on my thread by the way.  The more people who come check in, the easier it will be for me to fight off cravings!  Or to say ohh i've been doing good, I deserve a "break".  If you do find an ice cream substitute would love to hear about it!

What is HIIT?

Other than that, impressive workout! 

Wow, inspiring!  Good job so far!  Thanks for checking in on my thread by the way.  The more people who come check in, the easier it will be for me to fight off cravings!  Or to say ohh i've been doing good, I deserve a "break".  If you do find an ice cream substitute would love to hear about it!

What is HIIT?

Other than that, impressive workout! 

High-intensity interval training (HIIT) I hear you there! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines