Nicks_Scotland 's holiday countdown!!

This is my third 6 week challenge, the first one I smashed out of the park, the second one I put my back out (again) mid-way through and I basically gave up after that.

So................. it's 6 weeks (yesterday) til I go on holiday to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks so this new 6 week challenge has just come at the right time!!!  I'm basically going to do the same challenge (one goal has changed) as I did first time round.  I don't care if that's not really allowed :playful:  cos my goals (losing the flab!) are still the same.  My before and after photos will probably be in my bikini!  Keep the holiday theme going and all that.........  (not that I'm promising I'll share them at the end!)

Main quest:

Lose 10lbs so I don't look so bad in my bikini!!!    I want to be 11 and half stone (161 lbs) by Sunday 8th Sept (day I fly to London to start holiday). 

3 ways of achieving that goal - eat the right stuff, exercise the right amount and manage calories - see 3 missions below.

First mission:  Cut out the evil C’s

Chocolate, candy, Chinese takeaway, crisps, chips, cookies and cider.  (and bad carbs:  potatoes, pasta and rice)

How to achieve:

Plan ahead, buy in what I need for at least the week including allowed/healthy snacks.  Pack my lunch bag and eat what’s in it – don’t take my purse to work so I can buy other rubbish from the shop next door!  Don’t just have one – cos you know it never stops there!

Grading:

<6 items = A (that’s 1 item per week)

6-12 items = B (that’s 2 items per week)

>12 items = F (there really is no point if you’re cheating more than twice a week)

Life points:

CON + 2, STA +2, WIS +1

Second mission:  Burn at least 3500 calories per week from exercise 

I generally eat at maintenance and use my exercise calories for my fat/weight loss, it's what works for me.    4 days a week I do 2 classes (one body weight and one cardio) and one day I hit the gym.   Using my heart rate monitor, I'll track cals burned for the week.

How to achieve:

Stick to what I've been doing, no slacking off classes when I'm feeling lazy/tired.  Remember I'm not superwoman and adjust some movements as necessary so I don't put my back out again!

Grading:

3500+ = A

2500 - 3500 = B

1500 - 2500 = C

<1500 = F

Life points:

STA +2, STR +1, DEX +1

Thrid mission:  Calorie Counting

Log every single calorie on myfitnesspal (all of them – not just the good ones I think my friends list will be impressed by!)).  Make sure I'm eating enough though, especially if I'm achieving goal 1, I’ll need to replace the missing chocolate with good cals or I'll end up really tired.  And as everyone knows, a tired Nicola is a grumpy Nicola!

How to achieve:

Daily logger anyway, so that bit’s easy.  Being honest with my entry shouldn’t be too hard if I’m achieving goal 1.  Not worrying if I do go over my cals a wee bit or eat that one thing that I just shouldn’t, that’s the harder bit, knowing I have to log it might actually help me just say nooooooo!

Grading:

Honest days logging:

42 = A

35-42 = B

<35 = C  (but really – why bother logging at all?)

Life goals:

WIS + 2, CON + 1

Extra life goal =  Cleanup!!

Do the dishes every day and clean apartment (properly) once a week.  Just cos I'm working my ass off at gym class doesn’t give me a free pass to be lazy at home!  And it means I won’t need to apologise for the mess if someone visits unexpectedly!

How to achieve:

Make a rule that I'm not allowed to start making tonight’s tea until last night’s dishes are done!    Only allow myself a long lie on Sunday morning on the promise that you’ll get straight up and clean/hoover etc.   Invite more friends over now and then so it has to be done!

Grading:

Number of times dishes left for more than 1 night:

<6 = A 

6 – 12 = B 

> 12 = F (cos more than 3 days dishes sitting – well that’s just minging!)

Life points:

WIS + 2, CHA + 1

• Like 1

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

Great goals, pretty similar to mine.  I have about 15lbs left to lost before I can fit back into my regular clothes again.  I'm so horrible with dishes too, I usually leave them for the next day when I want to use the kitchen again lol. 

Good luck!  Subbed :)

• Like 1

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

I suppose I should really report on how yesterday went (even though officially I didn't start til today).

1.  I finished off the cookies that were in my flat, just so that they were gone for good.  Like a final hoorah. Rest of the day was fully 100% primal. :)

2.  mini-cross training at lunch-hour burned 356 cals,  spinning in the evening was epic, Mt Everest climb epic! I loved it.  581 cals burned so a total of 937 cals for the day.

3.  All logged (even the cookies!!).  Was still in a small deficit for the day.

• Like 1

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Welcome back, sweet pea! I was going to come hunting for you. :D

Good looking challenge. Let's do this! :encouragement:

Awww thanks hun.  I'm doing it full throttle!

It all looks good. Good luck, I did the similar logging challenge last time and it gave me a gold mine of information to go through to start fixing things for the next challenge.

Loggin rocks, I know what I should be eating and what quantities too.  I just need to get back on the wagon cos I fell off with a rather large bump! lol

Welcome back! :)  Looking forward to see how you do this challenge.  And trying to steal whatever food ideas you post from time to time ;)

Good to see you again, I'll try and nip over to your thread although I'm sure you'll be smashing it already and only on day 2!  I will be posting new recipes I'm sure as I'm gonna get bored of all the salad I'm consuming at the moment!!

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Day 2.  So glad that I'm back here and back on it.  I feel better already!!!

1.  No evil C's anywhere in sight :)

2.  357 cals at Arke class and 477 at spinning class total for the day 834.  Boom!

3.  All logged, great deficit.

My best friend who I'm going on holiday with is also now on the 6 week countdown although she isn't a member here.  She's finally got her ass back to gym classes and is eating well too (so she says!).   We were discussing between ourselves how often we're going to weigh in over the next 6 weeks.  I know that I don't do well weighing in weekly, I just always want more!!  So I'm thinking I'll do what I did last time and weigh in on the last day (Sunday 8th).  

And tomorrow is day 3, how time flies!!!  39 days and counting :)

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Yay for Scotland! 

I logged my calories on MyFitnessPal for a month, it gave me a very good idea about the food I eat. Just one tip (which you probably know) - look not only to calorie count but to sugar count. It helps when you're adjusting your diet :)

Ooh do you live in Highlands? So jealous :) 

Yay for Scotland! 

I logged my calories on MyFitnessPal for a month, it gave me a very good idea about the food I eat. Just one tip (which you probably know) - look not only to calorie count but to sugar count. It helps when you're adjusting your diet :)

Ooh do you live in Highlands? So jealous :)

I'm 100% primal when I'm on it (and I'm on it - day 3!!!).  So the sugar count is very low.  I'm a religious MFP logger, I like to see it all laid out on screen, helps me see that it's right, it's correct and it's awesome! :)   And yes, the highlands, like Chickie says, I'll post picks next time I'm out and about.

Since you had a bad second challenge, I think taking a step back and restarting is a good plan.  Hope you have a great time on your holiday. 

Laureleye,   You're so right.  I'm rocking this one so I can rock my holiday! :)

Another Highlander!  we are made of the real stuff.  Good luck with the challenge!

Indeed, I actually said to one of our fitness instructors the other day... sweat is just pain leaving the body!   I wish the heatwave would come back though, 18 degrees is ok, but i was enjoying 28!!! :)

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Today's update:

1.  No evil C's, 100% primal baby!

2.  Cross training 485, spinning 468, total for day 953

3.  All logged and looking good, great deficit again.... if I keep this up it has to result in good shrinkage - surely!! :)

Time for TV and relaxation....  :)

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Good job on the very first week! Keep it going :)

That's my girl! Way to go!

I am so obsessed with Scotland. I always think about wanting to live there, but then I think about the rain, cold, and clouds, and I think: I'll just come for a visit! :D

I don't know if it's just me but I actually stopped noticing the rain after a while :D Now it's just normal. I do miss hot summers though.

You must visit Scotland, it's amazing :) 

Oh my!!!  Yesterday was full on hectic from 9am to 1.30am.

My full time job was just manic, I was rushed off my feet and felt like I didn't get anything done (even though I did loads!).  Then I work two nights in a pub and Thursday is one of those nights, so I then went to the pub for my shift.  Thursday is normally a quiet-ish night, after food service is done we sit and chat with the locals and watch the WWE!!    Not last night though, we had a leaving doo in and were rushed off our feet from 7.30pm onwards.   I think I sweated as much running round the pub as I do at my normal gym classes.  I really should make a guestimate of the calories burned but I've no idea.  I was actually sweating though (it was roasting).

Today I went out for lunch with my colleague and actually managed to stay 100%, had a lovely pine nut salad.

All in all, I'm officially on it.  37 sleeps til holiday :)

Tonight is vipr then spinning, I'll check in after with cals.

Also, it's blowing a hooley but it's really warm!  Most bizarre :)

• Like 1

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Friday checkin:

1.  No evil C's, I thought about chips (fries to you americans) at lunch but I didn't!! :)

2.  Vipr class tonight was so much fun, 386 cals, then spinning was 474.  Total for day 860.  Yay!

3.  All logged and I allow myself a little bread on a Friday, and I since I went out for lunch and had a little then, I decided not to have it for dinner too, which was planned.  What motivation!   I impressed even myself!

No work tomorrow, no workout tomorrow, it's officially a rest day.   Looking forward to a long lie and maybe cinema to see Wolverine!!   Oooft :)

x

myfitnesspal

current challenge

Hello!  I didn't know you were a WWE fan.  You ever see anything from ROH? I went to 2 live shows and it was pretty awesome.  Last week I went and was in the front row; banging on the barricade.  Michael Elgin and Tommaso Ciampa are pretty badass.  Also, it looks lik Mike Bennet with Maria Kennallis are going to be going to WWE.   If you're a Daniel Bryan or CM Punkfan; their roots are in ROH.

Lemmie know how Wolverine was.  The first one was bland and didn't care for it.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines