Ever boring themes with Zuel

Zuel

Logging game or life game? I think your logging game is way better than anyone else's; it's not on you that it wasn't ready for all the stuff that came flying at you.

As for life? It gets hairy sometimes. It's times like this that you gotta dig deep and find "BEAST MODE" as the Bar Starzz like to say (or some pull up group on YouTube. They all sound the same after a while, which is awesome).

Bad weekend is bad weekend. You got a new week. Work with it.

I meant in life. I feel much better now. I have distracted myself working and reading from the forums here to fill the goodmoodmeter. I´ll stop feeling stressed and start being awesome again (still have to rest well though XD). 

Thanks Kishi. You rock!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

What is this egg a la Motuleño, and how do I make it? Great job with the distraction technique, to be expected of a black belt like you. I find reading the forums helps me a lot too when I need a boost. Glad to be here and a part of this community.

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Thanks! You rock too. That's why I'm here - someone's gotta remind you.

:pride:  Haha duly noted!

What is this egg a la Motuleño, and how do I make it? Great job with the distraction technique, to be expected of a black belt like you. I find reading the forums helps me a lot too when I need a boost. Glad to be here and a part of this community.

It´s not paleo as it uses fried tortillas (which are made from corn) in the preparation. But I did not dare to say "no" to my mother in law XD (also I was hungry rawr!). It pretty much consist of putting the fried tortilla (fried till it is a bit hardened) on a plate and then adding the following on top of it as layers: tomato sauce, mashed beans, cheese, a sunny side egg and (optionally) more cheese and onion. It is quite tasty but the tortilla! If you want I can share other egg recipes that are very tasty too and definitely paleo.

Oh thanks girl! I´m flattered. I´ll try my best to live up to that image you have of me. I´m glad you are here too, giving your best. =D Let´s do this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly Measurements: In/cm (approximates)

Week 1: Jul 29 – Aug 4

Arms: 15 / 38.3 both

Chest: 45.2 / 115

Waist: 33.6 / 85.5

Hips: 44.6 / 113.5

Legs: 24.3 / 61.8 both

Weight: 194 Pounds / 88 Kgs.

Pictures:  Here

Yay! I have lost some weight since last time! Not that much but always welcomed.

Main quests:

My week started fine, ended a bit hard. Still, I have completed every goal for the week. Punches, Kicks, HIIT, inclined pushups, went to bed before 22:25 hrs. =)

Side quests:

I have only studied for 2 1/2 hours out of 7. I planned to up that number during weekend but that was not my priority due to extraordinary circumstances. I think I´ll change my goal so I can give myself some leeway if I get the grand total of 42 hours of study at the end of the challenge. 

I haven´t filmed myself doing the push up challenge. :o But I still have the rest of the challenge to do so. :tongue:

Thanks to awesome Mouse I added bolding to the hours and notes, making the log format a bit easier to read. At the start of the week I played a bit with Google Docs. The postit like alternative looks good but I don´t like how it puts the most recent notes at the top.

All in all, it was a good week if a bit... blaargh. But next week will be way better, I´m sure of it!

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

Day 8 – Monday, Aug 05, 2013

I woke up at: 5:58 hrs.

6:00 hrs.

·        3 nuts.

6:24 hrs.

Time to complete: 36 minutes.

·         5 minutes warming up and stretching.

·         Deadlift 4 sets with: 12 ( 5 Kgs. ), 10 ( 6 Kgs. ),  8 ( 7 Kgs. ) and 6 ( 8 Kgs. ).

·         Alternating 4 sets of Divebombers push-ups with 60 consecutive punches: 13, 10, 10, 10

·         Rows. 4 sets with: 12 ( 18Kgs. ), 10 ( 19Kgs. ),  8 ( 20 Kgs. ) and 6 ( 21Kgs. ).

·         Walking lunges 3 sets of 20 reps (arms high over head).

·        5 minutes of core exercises.

·        5 minutes cooling down and stretching.

Notes: I felt like crap today so I cut short the routine. I also started too late. I still have to add these in the routines of the week to compensate:

·         Walking lunges 1 sets of 20 reps (arms high over head).

·         Bicep Curls. 4 sets with: 12 ( 18Kgs. ), 10 ( 19Kgs. ),  8 ( 20 Kgs. ) and 6 ( 21Kgs. ).

·         Alternating 3 sets of squads (20 reps) (arms high overhead) with 30 consecutive kicks.

Divebombers were arm-destroyingly hard which is good but I want to try them again on Friday when I´m not half dead with tiredness. I aim to get 4 sets with 13~14 reps each by then.

07:20 hrs.    

·        1 pambazo.

11:00 hrs.

·        1 apple and 1 plum

15:00 hrs.

·        1 big salad: grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, beet, carrot, mushrooms, bell pepper, sesame, vinaigrette.

20:50 hrs.

·        1 coconut with water.

·        1 cup of All-Bran with 1 cup of delactosed milk.

·        2 nuts.

·        1 hour of study (munch-munch!).

Note: I actually ate during my hour of study to keep myself awake.

22:00 hrs.

·        5 minutes of meditation

I don´t know at what time I went to sleep. I think I fell asleep while meditating.

Don't sleep through meditation! That's not the idea!

Also, yes to Divebombers. Yes to Divebombers forever. They're practically a perfect kind of push up - they force you through both the horizontal and vertical planes of motion, and you have to challenge yourself to keep tension throughout. It's awesome.

I have a recipe for paleo tortillas made with tapioca starch but I find even that is still too many carbs. It does sound delicious though, one thing I do miss is the cheese. Thankfully I can re-introduce a little dairy after week 3. It's a treat worth looking forward to. We do divebombers sometimes too, I'm not very good at them yet but they really are a great workout.

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Wowzers, you had a (mentally) rough first week, Zuel.  I hope your lady friend is feeling much better (dengue fever must suck.  Damned viruses).  Also, I second Chrissa on the "Egg dish looks absolutely amazing and tasty."  I don't eat Paleo, so that is totally kosher for me!  Wheeeee!

Also, what the hell are Divebombers?  I am very much intrigued. 

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Don't sleep through meditation! That's not the idea!

Also, yes to Divebombers. Yes to Divebombers forever. They're practically a perfect kind of push up - they force you through both the horizontal and vertical planes of motion, and you have to challenge yourself to keep tension throughout. It's awesome.

Haha, sorry, completely unintended! I´ll meditate appropriately from now on!

At first I though those were quite easy, after practicing for the correct form I realized Divebombers are not to mess with.

I have a recipe for paleo tortillas made with tapioca starch but I find even that is still too many carbs. It does sound delicious though, one thing I do miss is the cheese. Thankfully I can re-introduce a little dairy after week 3. It's a treat worth looking forward to. We do divebombers sometimes too, I'm not very good at them yet but they really are a great workout.

Oooh interesting. I´ll have to look into that for the next challenge! I try to minimize my carb consumption, but as you can see it is not perfect.And cheese sounds like a good reward for all that effort  :)

My brother is helping me with form. My weakspot is coming back to the initial position. =o

Wowzers, you had a (mentally) rough first week, Zuel.  I hope your lady friend is feeling much better (dengue fever must suck.  Damned viruses).  Also, I second Chrissa on the "Egg dish looks absolutely amazing and tasty."  I don't eat Paleo, so that is totally kosher for me!  Wheeeee!

Also, what the hell are Divebombers?  I am very much intrigued. 

Thank you so much Risen! she is still afflicted but resting and doing better today. Things are better now.

I took the example for divebombers from here: 

In a word.  Hell.  They are hell.

If you find that you need something extra to make your push ups feel like work, this will definitely do that.

Quite so, I feel like doing at 3 to 4 normal push ups for each divebomber.

Really, 7FG? You had to use the Bodyrocker's videos? Why them? Every time I watch those damn things I feel guilty, even if the workouts are legit.

Oh, that explains why the cameraman is all over the place.

I'm sorry...  It was the first hit on the youtubes and I was in a rush getting my security application finished.

And I did feel a little dirty watching it...

XD Hahahahaha

A bit late today but I have soooooo much work. =P

-------------------------------------------------

Day 9 – Tuesday, Aug 06, 2013

I woke up at: 5:59 hrs.

Note: I´m still a bit tired but MUCH better compared to yesterday.

6:15 hrs.

·         5 minutes warming up and stretching.

·         Walking lunges 1 sets of 20 reps (arms high over head).

·         Bicep Curls. 4 sets with: 12 ( 18Kgs. ), 10 ( 19Kgs. ),  8 ( 20 Kgs. ) and 6 ( 21Kgs. ).

·         Alternating 3 sets of squads (20 reps) (arms high overhead) with 30 consecutive kicks.

·         15 minutes routine JD4

·         5 minutes core routine

·         5 minutes warming up and stretching

Notes: Rain and lightnings outside, so I had my routine inside. My left elbow feels perfectly fine today, but it´s good it can rest a couple more days just in case. I have completed the pending exercises and the extra intensity felt good so it is a great way to start this day.

·        1 huarache with habanero sauce, hebra cheese, beans and onions.

Note: Got it yesterday from my mother. Corn based, but oh well -_-.

10:15 hrs.

·        1 apple and 1 plum

14:00 hrs.

·        1 hour of study 

·        3 cups of ropa vieja.

19:00 hrs.

·        ½ cup of peanuts

·        ½ cup of almonds

·        ½ cup of cranberries

21:40 hrs.

22:15 hrs.

·        5 minutes of meditation

I went to sleep at 22:20 hrs.

Divebombers are awesome!  Also stop smutting up Z's challenge thread 7FG!

Think of the children!

Nice routine too Z!  Keep it up

lvl 4 Astartes Monk STR 8.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 6.5 | DEX 7.75 | WIS 10 | CHA 7.25

"Burn the Calorie, Kill the Workout, Purge the Apathy"

Push Up Challenge: Yellow Belt (36)

Amazing what quality rest can do for training! Get it!

Oh yes. I´m going to sleep so much this weekend. It will be almost as if there was no weekend at all.

Divebombers are awesome!  Also stop smutting up Z's challenge thread 7FG!

Think of the children!

Nice routine too Z!  Keep it up

Hahahaha. I bet it is in vengeance of the Sweded Pacific Rim trailer I posted at his.

Thanks OP! I´ll see if I can keep up with the divebombers this Friday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 10 – Wednesday, Aug 7, 2013

I woke up at: 5:55 hrs.

·        5 minutes warming up and stretching.

·        Beginner body weigh circuit (completed 4 circuits: 16 minutes 51 seconds)

o   26 body weight squats (arms high over head)

o   13 push ups

o   26 walking lunges (13 per leg, arms high over head)

o   16 dumbbell rows (10 kgs.)

o   30 second plank

o   48 Jumping Jacks

·        2 sets of 3 minutes jumping rope

Notes: Oh yeah! Down from 20:36 to 16:51!! XD Yay! I´ll add more reps next week.

·        3 scrambled eggs with onion

10:30 hrs.

·        1 plum

·        2 cups of ropa vieja

·        1 porkchop (~200 grs.)

·        ½ cup of smashed potato

19:00 hrs.

·        3 nuts

20:40 hrs.

·        1 cup of Gran-Bran with 1 cup of delactosed milk.

·        2 nuts

22:10 hrs.

·        5 minutes of meditation.

I went to sleep at 22:20 hrs.

·        Beginner body weigh circuit (completed 4 circuits: 16 minutes 51 seconds)

o   26 body weight squats (arms high over head)

o   13 push ups

o   26 walking lunges (13 per leg, arms high over head)

o   16 dumbbell rows (10 kgs.)

o   30 second plank

o   48 Jumping Jacks

·        2 sets of 3 minutes jumping rope

Notes: Oh yeah! Down from 20:36 to 16:51!! XD Yay! I´ll add more reps next week.

This reminds me of a note in a course of positive thinking that it is all in the "eye of the beholder" ... but , still.. if you're able to do that, why are you trying to do more ? ..   If I scroll back to page1 to your main quest , i'll probably read the answer, and i'll aplaud your motivation.   But since we are living in a monastary ; shouldnt you meditate more then those quick 5minutes before bed, to experience a feeling of 'contentment' of what you are , became,  this day, during all that effort ?

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

I try to increase a bit my routines each time I can successfully complete them. I wish to be formidably strong and want to discover my limits =P. 

I´m not very good meditating so I want to nurture the habit of doing it everyday. I do only 5 minutes so it does not feel like a chore and I do it before sleep so I can fall asleep faster, I tend to mentally drift a lot so otherwise it could take me hours =0.

In general I´m quite happy with my life, but I want to be that very healthy, good looking, better person I know I can be =D.

aight ^^    rock on :)

Thanks man!

There you go. One more set, one more rep. One more, one more, one more. That's how you get stronger. That's how you get better.

YEAH!! Very much a mantra since I started these challenges! 

---------------------------------------------

Day 11 – Thursday, Aug 8, 2013

I woke up at: 5:55 hrs.

·        10 minutes HIIT.

·        5 minutes of core exercises

·        2 sets of 8 pull ups.

·        2 sets of 8 chin ups.

·        2 sets of 10 assisted dips.

·        30 seconds of partial bridge

·        15 seconds of [whatissupossedtobe] straight bridge

Notes: I only completed the first set of 8 pull ups in one go, the rest (pull ups and chin ups) were broken in bits of 4´s. Serves me right: I bit more than I could chew XD, last time my sets were only of 6 reps and those were last Thursday. But hey, I´ll keep trying. Funny bit: I felt that my arms were able to keep going, but not my hands (the tube is a bit thick). In fact, I still feel my hands a bit sore. I´ll start doing grip exercises during the day to improve on that. 

Also, taking on the Bridge Challenge. Partial Bridge was easy enough. But I´ll need help with form check for the Straight Bridge.

·        200 grs of beef with 1 cup of onion and ½ cup of hebra cheese.

09:30 hrs.

·        1 apple.

·        2 slices of pizza (salmon, pear, cheese with vanilla)

·        1 serving of salad with onion, sesame, lettuce and some (~100grs.) chicken breast.

·        2 glasses of lemonade

Note: This is one of the weirdest pizzas I´ve ever tasted, one of the best too. Food with some friends at the a mall´s restaurant.

19:30 hrs.

·        ½ cup of peanuts

21:30 hrs.

·        3 nuts

22:20 hrs.

·        5 minutes of meditation.

I went to sleep at 22:25 hrs.

Man, you and Charissa always post the best foodstuffs! Or at least the most unique. Either way, I'm envious. Totally envious. I don't think we'd ever find that kind of thing around these parts.

Also, good job with the pull ups! Be careful not to burn yourself out on them; leave some reps in the tank for later. It's the only real way to progress.

damn, your pull up and chin up numbers are starting to climb.  Good stuff Z

Gotta get back on my bar too!

=D Yeah! Although it was a bit much this time. I think my pull ups will stay a bit in 7 until my grip can catch up!

Man, you and Charissa always post the best foodstuffs! Or at least the most unique. Either way, I'm envious. Totally envious. I don't think we'd ever find that kind of thing around these parts.

Also, good job with the pull ups! Be careful not to burn yourself out on them; leave some reps in the tank for later. It's the only real way to progress.

Haha, I like to try anything within my grasp! That pizza was adequately called: "Harlequin". Food around here is so delicious. Maybe too much for my own good. 

Lesson learned =0. I´ll take it easy with the pull/chin ups, I still have until the end of the challenge to reach 10 consecutive reps.

Hey Zuel!!

Sorry I haven't been to your thread yet! Look at all the AWESOME I've been missing!

Kishi is right: Much Nomminess here on the food. I'm getting some good ideas! (salmon pizza?!?!? sdfjkdjkbnkusdhbjhadblgal ulalh)

I hope you are getting TONS of sleep!

BTW: How's the GF and her mom doing? You are so awesome to tend to them while they are sick. I just hope you aren't going to catch any of their symptoms! Especially since you've had such little sleep this week.

ONWARDS TO THE NEXT WEEK!!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines