Dirty's little challenge

Really looking forward to the next challenge. The success I've had so far has given me a lot of self confidence in my ability to build better habits. I look at doing something as a success rather than beating myself up for not getting it perfectly done. I'm thinking I'll do the hardest part of my goal next, the pull ups so I still have another challenge to build up my repetitions before my final test. It might take me longer than January, I'll still be shooting for that but I will be able to do it by the time I graduate

Fantastic!  Learning to affirm yourself instead of beating yourself up has been huge in helping me - glad you're experiencing some of the same.  The more I do this fitness thing, the more I become convinced that the shape and tone of my body is merely a reflection of how in shape I've pushed my mind to be.  So keep up the good work!

Good luck with the house and new roommate situation.  Hope that works out well.  And let us know how you like Dresden - my all-time favorite SF series - just re-read Ghost Story before reading Cold Days, so I could track the story well.  Can't wait for the next one.

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Started with the 4th one because they didn't have any of the other books in circulation at the time. It was very good and I enjoyed it anyways. I figured if my Rebels and my ex-boyfriend are recommending a series I will most likely enjoy it. Was not disappointed at all. Finished it in half a day so that says something about me not being able to put it down :-).

The book about Islam is called The Great Theft: Wrestling Islam from the Extremists.

4th/5th:

First day back at school, still sick as a dog. Medicated with Buckleys and got to do a tour of our new workout facility. It's absolutely stunning in there. We have two beautiful squat racks, medicine balls, kettlebells, a gorgeous new aerobic studio and all sorts of high tech cardio machines for when I have to bring in my runs during the winter time. If I was feeling terrible when I went in I felt much better after I came out.

Did my my run and was going to see how well I felt after I was done and if I wanted to do my circuit afterwards. Awesome run by the way, beat my 5k record again and ran for 20 minutes at a constan pace. Woop woop to progress! Didn't realize the time and had a quick shower before heading to work. I got a ride to the bar my last shift so I left my bike at the restaurant. Wasn't feeling the greatest but figured I could bike home with no real harm.

That was a lie. By the time I got home the meds wore off. I was trying to make dinner but everything sounded like it would destroy my throat was so sore. I realized I hadn't been hungry or enjoyed eating for the past few days. Put all my symptoms in an online webmd and strep throat came up. Called Telehealth and they told me to go to emerg since I do not have a family doctor. My best friend Kate, bless her soul, was able to drive me. She brought her laptop and I bought tea at a coffee shop so the 3 hour wait to see a doctor wasn't that bad. We watched Harry Potter and videos of munchkin kittens.

Today I took it relatively easy, just did groceries and kicked around the house. Filled my prescription for antibiotics and I'm already feeling much better. Definitely doing my run tomorrow and I'll do my apps.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Did my run and most of my circuits today. Tried to do the first set of my push ups and my body was just not having any of it. Beat my 5k and my 1k record though so that probably means I'm in good shape to finish my challenge.

Looking forward to rocking it out ^_^

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Review Time:

Diet and Fitness Goals:

1. Strength and speed STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1

Switched up how to track my workouts a couple times and used my Zombies 5k and Nike + to track my runs and overall got better. I'm very happy with this but feel that my workouts could have been more consistent.

75%- Awarding myself STR 1 l DEX: 1 l STA: 1.

Taking away one stat point since my body weight training wasn't as consistent as I wanted it to be. Changed this from 90% since I want to be a bit harder on myself, it was good but there's no way I'm letting myself get that good of a mark and being that inconsistent in the next challenge. Truth, I only missed two workout days and for decent reasons but I can't in good faith say it was the best I could do.

2. Train hard, rest hard: STA: 1 | CON: 2 | WIS: 1

Did much better giving myself days off and not pushing myself as much! Fruit and veggie intake increased as well as my proteins so my meals were more balanced. Very happy!

100%- STA: 1 l CON: 2 l WIS: 1

3. Complete a 5k without walking DEX: 1 | STA: 3

I did it! I ended up trying to check if I made it 5k and accidentally deleted my workout on my Zombie 5k app. Not happy about that at all but since I was using my Nike+ I know I did it.

100%- DEX: 1 l STA: 3

Life Sidequest:  WIS: 2 | CHA: 1

Visit the library-

I read a bunch of new books before school started! I'm really happy with this and found a few more authors I enjoy. It's going to be easier to find books now that I'm back at school but it was good to get out of my comfort zone and explore my city.

100%- WIS: 2 l CHA: 1

Overall:

Level increase!

+ STR: 1 l DEX: 2 l STA: 5 l CON: 2 l WIS: 3 l CHA: 1

Nice job on the challenge - 97.5% average is seriously kicking some fitness and life-improvement tushie!  You did awesome!  (Sounds of loud uninhibited cheering.....  :applouse: )

Good luck in school this fall and using the great new gym!  Catch you in the next challenge!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Nice job on the challenge - 97.5% average is seriously kicking some fitness and life-improvement tushie!  You did awesome!  (Sounds of loud uninhibited cheering.....  :applouse: )

Good luck in school this fall and using the great new gym!  Catch you in the next challenge!

This post made me more honest with myself because I really don't think I deserved at 97.5%. Thank you very much. Although I still did awesome :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines