• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AnotherEpigone

AnotherEpigone's Tale - Chapter 2

Still working on the new challenge structure, bear with me :)

Main Quest:

Gain a significant amount of muscle. I want to go from being a skinny, weak nerd to a strong nerd.

Fitness Goals:

1. Full-body workouts 3 days a week, roughly following this schedule:

Saturday: squats, overhead presses, and pull ups
Tuesday: deadlifts, pushups, bent over rows 
Thursday: lunges, dips, chin ups

2. Eat a lot more calories. This may seem like a weird fitness goal, but it is really necessary to overcome my metabolism and actually build muscle. Still working out how to measure this better, but my plans so far are:
- drinking milk every day
- not skipping breakfast
- snacking before bed (but not on junk food)

I feel really weird about that as a goal because it seems easy, but I think it will take discipline, especially the breakfast part...

3. Still thinking about the third one

Life Quest:

1. Prepare and execute an epic surprise for someone. Can't post what it is in case they find me on here, but I will explain after it has been done :D

The format looks right to me (but I struggled with it too). Wanting to be strong is never a bad thing (it's something I'm gunning for too) and your current missions are very well defined. They should be very easy to measure! Good luck!

PS. I LOVE surprises! Please do tell us what happens! :D

I know what you mean about having to adjust your thinking when focusing on eating more. I keep reading that if I want to gain muscle, I have to eat more calories, but my head is still partially stuck in "weightloss" territory. It's a response I have to train myself out of. 

Anyways! Good luck with all of your goals--they look awesome, and I've no doubt you'll be able to manage them! And let me join my voice in with the others saying that you should definitely fill us all in on your surprise once it's complete!

Awesome goals. I too want to get stronger, hopefully soon since I'm almost at my weight loss goal. Your muscle building techniques sound good and definitely check out some of the resources here because they are definitely helpful. 

I'm looking forward to hearing about your surprise because it sounds really fun and perhaps life changing. 

Hello quest-buddy! I'm also hoping to gain muscle. I almost went for the same lifting program as you (I recognise that from a certain post the other day!) but I'm not creative enough to work out how to do dips at home. I went for starting strength instead. Let me know how you get on! Also, yes, closure on the surprise once it's been done, please. :)

For not skipping breakfast, what if you made it ahead of time?  Like, I make a batch of crustless quiches in a muffin pan and every morning I just microwave them for 40 seconds.  If you have breakfast in a container right in your face in the fridge, it's kind of hard to forget, right?  Also, are you doing GOMAD, because I think there is a link somewhere on the forums for it.

update: http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

I too am a breakfast skipper. For me it's a matter of finding something I like, that's good for me, and usually pretty quick. So far I've been trying a small piece of fruit, or even cooking eggs because they're relatively quick and I enjoy them. When I have time I make eggs and bacon or an omelette and that helps me get a third meal in. Since you're drinking milk you could make a smoothie in the morning, or the night before. It's a good way to get greens and fruits, as well as fulfill your milk quota for the day.