New to boards, herro.

Hey Herr,

Yeah man, back before launching NF, I got a basic personal trainer certification (AAAI). It was a day's class, and then written and practical test.

That was really the beginning of my journey, and since then I've tried to absorb information from as many places as possible. I realized that my strengths were in writing, community building, and being personable (at least I hope that's what I come across as, lol).

Most of my training philosophy comes from Mark Rippetoe's stuff, and my personal trainer stuff is a mix of Jason Ferruggia (http://www.jasonferruggia.com), Craig Ballantyne (http://www.craigballantyne.com), crossfit, and my own personal experiences in the gym.

Eventually I hope to acquire more certifications and further my knowledge, I just don't have the time now...and until Nerd Fitness is at least paying part of the bills, that probably won't change.

So, I'm just going to continue building the site up, cranking out content, and helping as many people as possible and see where that takes me :)

Glad to have ya here man.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Nah, my adviser is pretty demanding (she's in charge of my research and is teaching 2 of my 3 classes this semester), so all I really have time for is research and class stuff. Although I wasn't really involved with greek stuff during undergrad either. The only thing I'm involved in here is the Shotokan karate club, although I'm hoping to get to more football games next year (I only got to the Syracuse game last season... but we won, so that was exciting). Were you involved with the greek life?