• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guess I am one of the only ones here on a non-fitness challenge...but being without an income for almost  5 years , fitness isnt really the first thing on my to-do list (also because I am pretty happy with my weight of 48kg at 5ft height and I dont find it difficult to work out consistently....yes I'd like to get stronger..but,God willing, that'll be for some other challenge :)

so, my main quest is to GET A JOB, God willing, by end of this year.

I am a animator by profession who left job after 3.5 years of work in a big studio to make my own independent shortfilm with my boyfriend, which took 3.5 years in its making. Though we loved and adored it, it didnt get much response in the film festivals and now, we are back trying to make a good demoreel and get a job.

my motivation - I want to get married and we cannot do so in such penniless, dependent-on-parents state.

my goals for these 6 weeks are :-

1. to animate at least 3hrs everyday, working on my demoreel.

2. to post what progress I've made each day.

3. to evaluate every sunday my work and the strengths and weaknesses and what needs to be done to improve.

I guess the goals arn't that impressive, but being new to such challenges, I am trying to keep things easily doable that I may stick to it till end, God willing.

looking forward to some good productive days ahead, God willing :)

fell sick and ended up logging 1.5 hrs instead of 3hrs. God willing, hoping to work for at least 4.5 hrs so that I may cover up for yesterday's deficit.

work done -> camera rough animation and some basic animation of the first 75 frames and showed it and got minor corrections.

updated workflowy https://workflowy.co...1-795c24d3a0f8/

good news!
our shortfilm finally got selected in the one reel film festival! all thanks and praise to God who blessed us finally with such a motivational boost!

post-20385-0-46541600-1375336814_thumb.j

logged approx 4hrs...with all the things on to-do list today, I'm wondering how I'd manage the comitted 3hrs, leave alone covering up deficits for the past days.guess I'd just try sticking to the day's work only and not worry about the deficits as they seem to only add to the stress .

work done -> rough animation of the first part and anticipation

logged 1.5 hours...ok I admit it is getting increasingly embarassing to log in less than committed hours everyday, but with all the commuting I have to do these days, I dont get to sit in front of my pc long enough to actually log that many hours :(

hopefully, with the commuting stopping after 6th, God willing, I'll get more consistent.

work done -> rough animation of the anticipation and first jump and got feedback on it

work done -> none

EVALUATION -> (which I was supposed to do yesterday but couldn't...as didn't get to sit in front of pc except for about 10/15 minutes :( )

as pretty evident..work commitments are mostly not getting met...the reason mainly being that I didn't take my other commitments into consideration while setting up the goals for the week...thus setting                                   myself up for failure.

so for this coming week...the goal is to get at least 1 hour work till Tuesday after which I'll get more pc-time and God willing, will get more work done...so, the goal for the rest of the week is to log a minimum                           of 3 hours work towards making my portfolio.

5-aug ...work done -> about an hour

6-aug ...work done -> none

well...wednesday is here and hoping to finally get on track and meet my commitments, God willing. :)

We all have off days, no sweat. Hope you are meeting your goals today!

yeah..it went good..thanks :)

though I tended to get a bit frustrated as I didn't get as much work done as expected even though I worked for about 4 hrs...as this fine-tuning animation thing seems really difficult to me :(

work done -> logged about 4 hours. still struggling with the fine tuning and staying motivated enough to keep trying despite the urges to do everything else but this :(

workflowy update https://workflowy.co...1-795c24d3a0f8/

note - thinking of updating here at the end of day everyday rather than first thing after getting on pc, as I've been finding the online time distracting to work...lets see how that goes ..

even though it is not eveluation day (sunday) yet...I'd like to try a few things based on what I've been observing in my work methods in the past few days...

1. get started on work immediately after switching on pc and try to finish 3hrs of work before lunch as I find my energy levels drop in late noon.

2. if things seem difficult or demotivating , instead of wasting time online , try animating other easy stuffs , like simple jumps, walks, hand actions, etc ... maybe doing them well will give me enough boost to get back and work on the difficult things. 

3. and non-negotiable no internet rule till lunch.

hoping to do better in the coming days, God willing..lets see how the new changes turn out :)

work done -> 9aug - 1hour / 10aug - 3hrs

bit worried as I have to show the work on monday and quite a lot of it still left :(

God willing, I'll work hard tomorrow and Monday morning and finish it before going out ... ( I do need some prayers and cheers now :) )

Part of the first challenge is just learning how to write the goals so that you can be successful. Looks like you are learning to do that. You realized  out that your first goal was a bit ambitious, and then  you  re-structured your time so that you could achieve your goals. I can see how as the challenge progresses you are getting better at figuring at how to reach your goals-good job. :)   Since you asked for prayers, I prayed that you would have good time management and creative ideas, and to have peace and feel prepared as you show the work Monday.

Part of the first challenge is just learning how to write the goals so that you can be successful. Looks like you are learning to do that. You realized  out that your first goal was a bit ambitious, and then  you  re-structured your time so that you could achieve your goals. I can see how as the challenge progresses you are getting better at figuring at how to reach your goals-good job. :)   Since you asked for prayers, I prayed that you would have good time management and creative ideas, and to have peace and feel prepared as you show the work Monday.

Thanks so much for the support and the prayers!

even though I didn't get much done on sunday, the deadline getting shifted to tomorrow and quite a lot of work getting done today have indeed helped lift the worries :)

may God help you with your goals as well.amen.

work done -> 14aug - about 2 hrs

showed my work..though it was liked,thankfully,  I've been given a complete re-do as my work process was faulty (which was the reason why I was finding it so hard to do). SO I am starting on it anew and God willing, once I get my work methods clear and effective through a small scene like this, it'll get easier when I'll move on to more difficult and complex animations.

15aug - 3 hrs

workflowy  update https://workflowy.co...1-795c24d3a0f8/

note - started on the lift app https://lift.do for added accountability...God willing, hoping to get more disciplined with sticking to my work commitments through it.

Looks like you are on a week-long streak! Way to go!!

Also I've never heard of workflowy before, I just made my own account. :)

yeah..love workflowy :)

and if you want you cancheck out "lift" too..i'm finding it a real good one to be the accountability partner needed to push myself to get things done ... they even send mails everyday :)

Glad that liked it, and now that you know more on how to do it, the next one will be amazing

God willing...

I am trying my best :)

it's sunday and time has come to evaluate how I did this week ( forgot it the last sunday though :) )

thanks to God, this week I've pretty much consistently completed my commitments... so now, I guess I'm ready to "level up" a bit since I'm finding myself finishing 3hrs pretty easily..

so few things to try this coming week :-

1. to raise the bar to 4hrs work per day on days I stay home (and a minimum of 2hrs. on days I go out)
  2. to do 2hrs of work first thing every morning before I do anything else, as I've commited at "lift"
  3. to keep internet shut off till I've finished the committed 4hrs of work (as I find it really distracting...specially at times when I get bored or demotivated.may try having a bath or napping instead and God willing, get back to work afresh)

well..that's it for now...may God help me to spend a good week ahead. may God help us all through our challenges. amen.