Who loves watersports? Have you tried PADDLEBOARDING?

Holy waves, just tried paddleboarding for the first time today, and this activity which I thought would be either super hard or maybe a little too boring is neither. I am smitten with the glory of this watersport, and did you know there is such a thing as paddleboard yoga???

Not sure if this is exclusive to the west coast, or if others have tried their hand at the craft of walking (or at least standing) on water, but I would love to hear some stories and experiences. 

So far, seems like the ideal and most symbolic way to find a little balance. 

Recipe for perfect paddle:

- drag the paddle blade just toward the front side of the board before pushing back, and you stay straight every time! 

- sunrise, no wind, friends, or a dog to join you (yup, they can board too)

- try a little downward dog on the board -- what a trip!  

Challenge goal: to find balance

~ yoga ~ meditation ~ time management ~

Because every day is "day one"

~ battle log ~

I did stand-up paddle boarding a few years ago and I can honestly say I have rarely enjoyed anything more. I would love to go back and do it again. I won't say I don't have time (we all know how Steve feels about that!) but unfortunately it won't be a priority for awhile.

It was beautiful, though. I was with a group, but I'd love to go to some secluded grove somewhere and just paddleboard by myself. Maybe even take a friend. Paddleboard yoga sounds incredible!

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure

I have one of the inflatable paddleboards and sometimes hit up the local river.  The weather hasn't been paddleboard friendly this year -- not stable enough for me to want to ride a public bus for 1.5 hours each way carrying a paddleboard!  Even when it's nice, it's generally not by the end of the bus ride.

I adore paddleboarding, though.  I'm not especially good at it, but I love it.

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

A few of my paddler contacts are huge advocates of paddle boarding. One even did the Tay Descent (big river race/event) on one, which was actually kind of funny. I've never tried it myself, it's one of those things that I keep saying I'll do at some point, but never seem to get around to.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I just bought a canoe this year so I won't be getting one right away, but I'd love to. Looks like a lot of fun and a good workout. I might end up building one. There's an intro seminar put on by a local outdoor shop coming up in a month or so that I think I will take in just to see how it is.

I did stand-up paddle boarding a few years ago and I can honestly say I have rarely enjoyed anything more. I would love to go back and do it again. I won't say I don't have time (we all know how Steve feels about that!) but unfortunately it won't be a priority for awhile.

It was beautiful, though. I was with a group, but I'd love to go to some secluded grove somewhere and just paddleboard by myself. Maybe even take a friend. Paddleboard yoga sounds incredible!

Yes, I can't wait to try that myself! Other than the obvious challenge of staying safe, it is such a blissful self-propelled (literally!) activity. Hope you find priority for yourself soon!

~ battle log ~

I have one of the inflatable paddleboards and sometimes hit up the local river.  The weather hasn't been paddleboard friendly this year -- not stable enough for me to want to ride a public bus for 1.5 hours each way carrying a paddleboard!  Even when it's nice, it's generally not by the end of the bus ride.

I adore paddleboarding, though.  I'm not especially good at it, but I love it.

I heard those inflatable ones were a real kick! I'll have to check them out. 

~ battle log ~

I heard those inflatable ones were a real kick! I'll have to check them out. 

If you're looking to buy, buy a solid one if possible.  I got the inflatable one because I don't drive.  I can carry the inflatable in its bag like a giant backpack and inflate it at the waterside. 

In general, they don't track as straight and aren't nearly as stable.  I wouldn't buy one if I had the ability to strap it to a car and drive where I'm going.

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

I tried paddleboard yoga up at Wanderlust Vermont this past year.  The day I got back I ordered mine.    I am already planning on getting an inflatable board for trips and a racing board to try marathons and races.   Being out on it brings me to a zen state and I am simply in love with it.    My first day out I was doing tripod headstands, one legged crow, eight angle pose, and many other poses.   I go chill in town Boston along the esplanade and throw anchor and do my vinyasa flow.    My core is getting such a great workout along with all the other major big muscle groups.   I have lost most of my weight doing dieting from paleo and now I can tell my body is soon to start going back up as it is turning into a strength training routine.   I go almost daily and my redheadedness has not been this cooked in a long time as it has got this nerd up and away from the PC and out onto the water where I belong.  

From my first day at Wanderlust:

Tripod Headstand

1016804_393205784119158_455370597_n.jpg

Basket Headstand with another yogi:

1011205_393207030785700_787486572_n.jpg

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

I love surfing and most water based sports...

When i was on my honeymoon in Hawaii I was going to try SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding) but decided to go for a traditional surf on a big foamie board and loved it.

I live on the about 2 hours north of Sydney, we have a lot of lakes and stuff we can paddle board in around here, i am still dying to try it... just probably just go book in one day

The only issue i have with SUP is that when you are actually out in the surf, they just sit out the back and catch all the waves before all the long/shortboarders.