Chronically Ill Baby Nerd, Checking In

Hi there, rebels! Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. You can see me below, doing my best 2-D impression. 

I'm a young nerdling, just a few years down the road of Sy-Fy originals, D&D nights, and video game release date countdowns. Still haven't been to my first comic-con, so I suppose I'm not a true nerd, but I'm working on it.

I'm also new to the land of fitness, as evidenced by the flabby arms in the aforementioned picture. Hoping to join the Assassins Guild after my first challenge to build some strength, agility, and joint stability in recovery from years of arthritis.

Speaking of which, any other chronically ill folks here? It's going to be a rough road thanks to my health and I'd love to walk it with nerds in the same boat. 

Excited about what this community will add to my life! And pleased to meet you all. 

Max Curtis

Baby Nerd

QAdbIj7.jpg

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

Battle Log:

Day 2. 

I'm starting out a few days behind the other adventurers thanks to the arrow in my knee, but I'm confident I can complete my quest. Today, I found myself face-to-face with a dungeon boss, right at the start. The dreaded Murderous Ratworm Incubus (or MRI) hit me with a sonic blast that set my mind spinning and my ears ringing. Still, it was no match for my trusty blade of toughness (+3 to CON). Beast decapitated, I returned to my camp to recover hp and wonder whether I am under-leveled for the quest before me.

No matter. When we find ourselves under leveled, what to we do? We grind of course! Hula hoop, cough up your xp!

Hello! Welcome!

I hate the word chronic. It's so depressing. Take it one day at a time, listen to your body (particularly the inflamed parts - though not too hard as sometimes it's actually best to ignore them) and remember that everyone has some sort of issue.

Move over, I'm in the same boat with a vague rheumatoid arthritis-like blessing. I also hope to develop assassin-esque capabilities while working around aches and pains. It will happen. Eventually.

(Insert little dance accompanied by cheering and pretty pompoms, or rather, sabers.)

Sabers. I'm down with sabers.

Thanks, man, glad I have someone to row this boat with. Sometimes I think I don't really know how! I've had arthritis since I was 4 and have seen relief occasionally for months at a time. I don't know what healthy feels like. All i know is that wretched "chronic" word. I haven't been in shape since sophomore year in high school, the one time in my life I was anything approaching fit. 

I want to dance and to do martial arts too, dude. Let's get after it!

Oh, I totally guessed you were a girl. Haha, I just call everyone "dude" and "man." Sorry, they're gender-neutral terms in my crowd. 

I will do about anything but ballet shoes. We had our whirlwind romance when I was a very small child, and it ended on a very sour note. 

We are here :)

I have asked for a forum for us. They are considering it.

To date, I have met folks on here with MS, RA, Hasimoto's, fibromyalgia, etc.

We can do it, and I firmly believe that diet can make a huge difference for us. Exercise needs to come slow, and steady, and we need to learn how to listen to our bodies.

You will find good advice here :)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Yay, wonderful! So happy to start meeting you all. It can get lonely and feel lame doing my tiny little leg lifts while the fitness junkies I know IRL are off crossfitting and benchpressing 450lbs. Great to finally be building community!

Oh, I totally guessed you were a girl. Haha, I just call everyone "dude" and "man." Sorry, they're gender-neutral terms in my crowd. 

I will do about anything but ballet shoes. We had our whirlwind romance when I was a very small child, and it ended on a very sour note. 

Fine, fine. I can just about handle the blow to my feminine pride.

So funny - I also had my ballet phase as a child and then went on to hate it. I'm very interested again, though.

We are here :)

I have asked for a forum for us. They are considering it.

To date, I have met folks on here with MS, RA, Hasimoto's, fibromyalgia, etc.

We can do it, and I firmly believe that diet can make a huge difference for us. Exercise needs to come slow, and steady, and we need to learn how to listen to our bodies.

You will find good advice here :)

An autoimmune disease or inflammatory disease forum would be great!

Hey! Can I join too?

I'm not suffering from an illness, but a motorcycle accident. Smashed myself up pretty bad :(

I know what you mean about being in the gym and everyone else is soooo much stronger, faster, more agile than you. And I know you shouldn't compare yourself to other people, but that's *really* difficult.

I think it would be a great idea to have a forum for people with illness or disabilities. Could be a great source of help and advice.

:D:D:D:D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously