• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarefootViking

The Barefoot Viking Still Swinging!

After much upheaval in my life, I find myself in the swamps surrounded by ROUS, but I'm still swinging!

Epic Goal: Radically Transform My Life For The Better

Main Goal: Be a more  sexy bad ass Viking.

Objective #1 - Lose 15#

Objective #2 - Be able to run 5k without stopping with at least a 12min/mi pace

Objective #3 - Work out at least 5 time a week

Life Goal:  Find a new job that I really enjoy.

I will have to figure out how to assign points for this all, but wanted to get a post up.  Here are some of the action steps on the board for now.

• 5 workouts a week in the gym
  • Get my foot to 100% and maintain its health
  • Run 3x a week (after my foot will take it)
  • Eat out no more than 3 times a week and eat healthy when I do
  • Stretch morning/evening
  • Attend at least 3 yoga classes
  • Eat whole grains/fruits/meat and little to no processed food.

Hello BarefootViking :)

What happened to your foot? I hope it gets back to 100% soon and you can get back to kicking 100% butt.

I like that you have your objectives and also action steps to reach your goals.

I look forward to seeing all your progress through this challenge :)

Thanks for all the comments!

What happened to the foot?  Damned if I know, too many years of working on it I suspect.  Mostly now it is the tendons on the top of my foot that are ticked off coupled by inflammation that refuses to go away.  Grrrr...

Even though it isn't 100% I carry on.  Even did the Spartan Race Saturday and oddly enough it feels better after doing it.  Figure that one out.

I saw part of the Viking series, it looked pretty good.  I get distracted with TV shows and never manage to watch whole series any more. Of course now I don't have a TV.

And lastly, how is the challenge going?  Not bad!  As I said, I did the Spartan Race on Saturday, recovered Sunday and worked out yesterday.  Need to find the Yoga schedule for my gym though as it seems to have changed.

Have you ever had an allergy test? I used to have horrible inflimation in my knee due to previously being hit by a car and othe fun stuff like that. It was so bad that I couldn't walk for the first ten minutes in the morning, I've cut out wheat and I have next to no inflimation. Just something else to try!