The Mighty Adventuring Companions

Thank you for the welcome! You can view my goals on the link provided on my signature :D. Found out yesterday that one of the boxes here will be having a foundations class next week wednesday! I can't wait! 

Phutomaki, I see you had a rough week last week.  I have some tricks I use when I'm stressed that keep me from totally falling off the wagon.  Here's a couple things you might try next time.

- If I don't want to do my workout (but I'm not hurt/sick), I plan on only doing 1 circuit instead of 3, or skip the part I really hate (like jumping jacks!)  Then, once I finish the 1st circuit, if I'm feeling more lively, I'll do the second, and so on.

- If I want to eat WHATEVER, I still track it.  Or I'll limit myself to an extra 100/200 calories. 

The thing about going the "what the heck" route, is that you feel later like you've failed or let yourself down.  You want to be in a position to look back on a stressful week in a positive way.

Hope this helps a bit.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hey gang. What has been the most difficult hump for you to get over this challenge?

For me, honestly, it's the success of last challenge. I came in super hyped for #2, but I just haven't been able to recapture that same drive. If I'm thinking realistically, I am still doing far more than I did before I started in the first place. I let the downsides get in the way, and haven't really given myself enough credit for getting into better shape than I have been in for a very long time.

So now it's your turn.  Answer away!

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

I've been coming home from work absolutely brain-dead and all I want to do is veg and eat a PNB sandwich for dinner.  So I've been working hard on at least lacing up my shoes and doing something on my scheduled workout nights.  Once I get started, I usually do a good workout - I've learned that the most important thing is to (yes) lace up my shoes and start.  Yeah, I had a stressful day, but at the end of the day, am I really going to feel better if I just veg? 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

My biggest challenge is usually getting my act together and doing all the planning that it takes to have a successful week of clean eating and sticking to my workout schedule.  I can do it, but I really need to create structure for myself.  Neglecting that foundation of setting myself up on the weekend so that the work week doesn't kick my butt will wheel me right off track.

So how is everyone doing for week 4 so far?  Ready to rock the second half of this beast?  I'm thinking of all of you and wishing you success.  And a special shout out to those of you dealing with injuries, grief, and bumps in the road.  Fitness and good eating will help us all get through the hard times in life, and I hope all of you can find the encouragement and inspiration that will keep you going.

Level 1 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 1 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Current 6-Week Challenge

MyFitnessPal

Last Week Challenge

Week four has been a lot better than all of the previous weeks for me. Being on vacation helps, having nothing better to do at home other than keep eating well and exercising every morning. I think I'm building a solid foundation for the rest of the challenge. 

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

Erm.  <awkward wave>  Hi.  I'm new.  I've been saying I've been "training to be The Doctor's companion" since I started my learn-to-run program in mid-July, so it was amusing to find this thread.  Are there rules about who can join this team and when? 

Sperocras

I am many things, including: a Nerdfighter, a Beatlemaniac, a Whovian, a Potterhead, a Trekkie/er, a Buffista, a Gatehead, a Browncoat, a reader, a gardener, an aspie, and apparently also:

Level 0 Half-Elf: Str 0 Dex 0 Sta 0 Con 0 Wis 0 Cha 0

Weight lost since Jan 3, 2013: 104.9 lbs

Half-way-to-goal mark (92.5 lbs) reached! August 25, 2013

Hey all! Sorry for my absence! I just haven't had time to go to a computer. Work...studying...working out. I forgot that I had to chime in :D.

Anyways, WEEK 5!!!! Food preps have been well. This week is salmon and chicken with some steamed vegetables (carrots, brocolli, long beans, bean sprouts) At least have a pop of color. Still working out. Almost done with the 30 day plank challenge. I'm at the 3 min mark :D Still dying but hanging on. Just don't look at your watch. 

How's everyone doing? 

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR 3.5 | DEX 2 | STA 6 | CON 3 | WIS 7 | CHA 3.5| <--no clue what this means..click here and here explaining how to level up.

The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. -Epictetus

My 2nd 6 week challenge

My first 6 week challenge

Accountabilibuddies: The Mighty Adventuring Companions

Erm.  <awkward wave>  Hi.  I'm new.  I've been saying I've been "training to be The Doctor's companion" since I started my learn-to-run program in mid-July, so it was amusing to find this thread.  Are there rules about who can join this team and when? 

Sorry we didn't give you a better welcome.  Can you plan on joining us for the next challenge? 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Sorry we didn't give you a better welcome.  Can you plan on joining us for the next challenge? 

Yes, absolutely!  I'm kind of known for my social gaffes, so I assumed I had just gone about interacting on this forum in the wrong way ;)

Sperocras

I am many things, including: a Nerdfighter, a Beatlemaniac, a Whovian, a Potterhead, a Trekkie/er, a Buffista, a Gatehead, a Browncoat, a reader, a gardener, an aspie, and apparently also:

Level 0 Half-Elf: Str 0 Dex 0 Sta 0 Con 0 Wis 0 Cha 0

Weight lost since Jan 3, 2013: 104.9 lbs

Half-way-to-goal mark (92.5 lbs) reached! August 25, 2013

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines