• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Panczo

At least a challenge Panczo

Actually, I think some yoga poses are probably very hard on your knees because they use muscles that don't get worked very much - or don't get worked that way.  Glad your knees are better, but keep being careful.

If you're feeling sharp pain, probably best to steer clear of those for a bit.  Healing first!  Hope you can find some more Polish resources, and great job on the math and meditation!  Hope you had a fun weekend!

Yeah, they always say in yoga that feeing a dee stretch is fine, but you should not feel any real pain. Sometimes this is a fine line, but I always feel like if the strong-stretch/pain is somewhere like my knees, neck, or spine, I should lessen the intensity. Those areas are so delicate so I treat them with care.

Excellent work on the maths time! You are doing an awesome job on this challenge :)

Actually, I think some yoga poses are probably very hard on your knees because they use muscles that don't get worked very much - or don't get worked that way.  Glad your knees are better, but keep being careful.

will do my best :)

If you're feeling sharp pain, probably best to steer clear of those for a bit.  Healing first!  Hope you can find some more Polish resources, and great job on the math and meditation!  Hope you had a fun weekend!

thanks, weekend had great weather so we went swimming at the small lake with some barbecue :) actually I already found some Polish resources - not much but they learn sun salutation so it's something :)

Yeah, they always say in yoga that feeing a dee stretch is fine, but you should not feel any real pain. Sometimes this is a fine line, but I always feel like if the strong-stretch/pain is somewhere like my knees, neck, or spine, I should lessen the intensity. Those areas are so delicate so I treat them with care.

Excellent work on the maths time! You are doing an awesome job on this challenge :)

Words of wisdom I guess :) 

update time:

it's 7 am here and I'm still half-asleep and bit sore after yesterday yoga+swimming combo :)

last week was 100% for all the goals and it feels great. Lets see how this week will turn out

goals:

Actually yesterday I hit crazy combo doing all my goals at one day:

- I did yoga session before work - learning how to do sun salutation both A and B version which might come in handy if I want to do yoga but don't have access to any videos. Plus I count yoga as meditation for now so win-win!

- at work I manage to do 45mins of math :) slowly moving forward with this one 

- right after work me and my younger sis drove for some swimming - amazing 30mins with medium fast front crawl

- after swimming I did super-awesome-healthy salad consisted of only fresh veggies like broccoli, paprika, carrot, cabbage and radishes :)

so without thinkin much about it - I made a full package :D

and not challenge related:

I have some cool plans for september namely join dancing classess with my fiancee and also maybe start learning some self-defence/ martial art BUT I think it might be too much for my knee so I have to wait till 10 september when I see an orthopedist and finally find out what is it with my knee. Hopefully no operation is needed and I could at least do that dancing thing. Martial art can wait few weeks, months - after all it waited about 15 years already :)

that's it guys, see ya 

slut

Woohoo - all goal 1 day super combo! Awesome work, Panczo.

Wasn't one of your goals in your very first challenge to get dancing? Dance classes with your fiancée sound like a lot of fun.

Keep on rocking through week 4!

SLUT 

Woohoo - all goal 1 day super combo! Awesome work, Panczo.

Wasn't one of your goals in your very first challenge to get dancing? Dance classes with your fiancée sound like a lot of fun.

Keep on rocking through week 4!

SLUT 

actually I had smth similiar in my 2nd or 3rd challenge - but then it was ONE TIME thing to just go dancing at the club,

now I'm thinking about 2/3months long course which should help with my shyness and skills on the floor :)

btw. great memory Sam !!

100% on all goals!  What a way to destroy week 4!  You are awesome!

Dancing sounds super fun.  Go forth and do!   :)

I'm just waiting for doctor opinion, and if there are no contraindicators - we'll do it :)

ok, 

week 4 summary:

1. stay active: swimming and yoga done both at least one time. I did yoga few short session here and there learning sun salutation but they were like 5mins top
  2. healthy cooking - actually I did 3 times this week - salads and  brown rice with veggies and ground beef :)
  3. meditation: almost failed but eventually did it 4 times :)
  4. math: 180mis - again: almost failed, but I caught up to 180mins at saturday and diligent sunday (105mins)

so again week 4 done 100% -

I don't feel overwhelmed or too busy, yet I feel like I am doing pretty much - it's nothing comapring to strength training 3 times per week - but actually I think meditation and slow aerobics combo is great for me at this time !!! I didn't know yoga can be so strength demanding sometimes (which is in line with my far-far-future goals of achieving L-sit, planche and handstand holds) and I'm starting to feel some benefits of meditations - few challenges more and I will change my name to Peaceful Warrior :)

plus I feel hooked on that math re-learning. I think in the future I could give some private lessons to high school and/or college students if I wasn't so unconfident and shy. Crap, once my math learning habit is solid, I need to work on my self-confidence!

anyways, good luck to u all in next week, 

see u around,

Another great week.  Tutoring one-on-one is not so bad.  I was really, really shy when I was in college & I tutored okay.  I didn't even particularly like math; you're enjoying it so much it would come through in your tutoring. 

thx for words of encouragement Laureleye :) plan is to try it one day, will see.... will see...

sooo ...these week started pretty bad, some sad thoughts took me over and I wasn't a fun person to hang out with. as always they concentrated around my job and my uncertain life destination. I haven't figure out anything but it didn't last long and I am pretty much back myself now. Atthough I got back to creating my bucket list which helped to free my need of adventure just by writing down my ideas :)

Anyways, challenge-wise I manage to do yoga and 3 meditations and half of my math time. Tommorow gonna be pretty intensive sunday with swimming, meditation, healthy cooking and lots of math :) I should be able to make it to 100% but if not - I will not despair :)

plus, since my healing is not done yet, I decided to take my feet outside of adveturers zone and move to druids which are most close to my state of mind and philosophy at the moment:)

slut

thx for words of encouragement Laureleye :) plan is to try it one day, will see.... will see...

sooo ...these week started pretty bad, some sad thoughts took me over and I wasn't a fun person to hang out with. as always they concentrated around my job and my uncertain life destination. I haven't figure out anything but it didn't last long and I am pretty much back myself now. Atthough I got back to creating my bucket list which helped to free my need of adventure just by writing down my ideas :)

Anyways, challenge-wise I manage to do yoga and 3 meditations and half of my math time. Tommorow gonna be pretty intensive sunday with swimming, meditation, healthy cooking and lots of math :) I should be able to make it to 100% but if not - I will not despair :)

plus, since my healing is not done yet, I decided to take my feet outside of adveturers zone and move to druids which are most close to my state of mind and philosophy at the moment:)

slut

Druids sounds like a good place for you to be next challenge!  Hope you have fun being all zen.

Glad you're feeling better.  It sounds like you made a big push for the end of the week.  Can you believe we have one week left?  Can't wait to see your next challenge!  :)

Druids sounds like a good place for you to be next challenge!  Hope you have fun being all zen.

It's gonna be a treat I'm sure of it :) here on NF are so many awesome people, that no matter where u go, u'll stumble on few at least :D

Glad you're feeling better.  It sounds like you made a big push for the end of the week.  Can you believe we have one week left?  Can't wait to see your next challenge!   :)

These challenges comes and goes - actually I can't believe we have september already !!! It's been 8 months since I am here on NF - honestly I wasn't sure I will last that long, but here I am and still walking :)

challenge update:

so last week I ended up 100% - I manage to catch up all the goals at sunday. Amazing how this challenge I can focus on my goals at the weekends as well. It used to be a problem for me

And now it's time for last week of the challenge. So far so good. I already did yoga and 3 morning meditations. Plus around 70mins of math. I also managed to make my healthy salad at monday - this time totally by myself :) and since I have my brown rice-ground beef- paprikas-onion-tomatoes-sauce meal done in bulk - I am prepared to eat pretty clean for the entire work week.

2 more days to the end of the challenge :) everything is going fine. Tommorow I will do at least a 45mins of math and I am 100%!! Holy crap that will be 100% during ALL the challenge - first time ever :)

hope u all are having great finish !!

You sir, are a rockstar!  You made some goals you liked, didn't push yourself beyond your limits, and have so much to show for it!  Totally inspiring and happy to root you on and have you on my team.  :)  So many good things happening for you too and that is awesome.  Can't wait to see what you accomplish in the next challenge. Thanks for being such a great support.  It means a lot.  Let's rock this next challenge!

it's sunday evening. We just came back from cool bike trip and now just chilling out with hot tea in hands. So I thought why not do a challenge wrap-up!

Wrap-up

I started this challenge in a second week cause I wasn't feeling ready for it right after coming back from summer vacations. I was even considering dropping it all together but now I am thankful I didn't. Anyways I wasn't sure wheter I took too much again or not but it looks like I finally hit the jackpot :)

Fitness Goals:

1.Staying active: achieved 100% and more - score A. Plus I've done lots of biking these few weeks (as commuting mostly) which adds up to staying active :)

• swimming at least 1/week
  • yoga at least 1/week

2. Eating a bit healthier: achieved 100% and more - score A - LOTS of help from my babe but still counts :)

• doing some healthy meals in bulks at least 1x/week: salads, meats, soups, etc…

3. Relaxation for body and mind: achieved 100% and more - score A

• meditating at least 10mins for at least 4x/week (yoga counts as meditation as well)

Life Goal:

4. Doing what I was good at long time ago. Maybe I could use it somehow to reboot my career path, maybe not…

• learning math anew at least 3h/week…. achieved 100% - score A

I mean come on - I wasn't expecting such good results! Woo hoo homer-woohoo.jpg

- Swimming and yoga are nice alternatives to tipical strength trainings.

- Healthy cooking and doing it in bulks are great way for me too eat pretty healthy and having more time in the mornings. I also dropped eating breakfasts somewhere in the middle and it feels good so far.

-  meditating reguraly feels awesome. I want more!! I just finished reading great book about it: "Full Catastrophe Living" and for the next challenge (watch out spoilers!) I'm gonna try to follow a full 8 weeks meditation program described in that book. It's pretty hardcore time consuming (like 1,5h 6days a week) so it will be a danger of another overplanning but I want to try it and see what happens...

- aaaah math, good all math. I'm slowly crawling into it. I enjoy every minute of doing it and I constantly can't wait for harder problems to solve. But I must go from basics, either way I might get burned... still long way until I will be knowledgable enough to give lessons, but maybe that's better - I have more time to slowly prepare myself for it mentally :) I still have some issues with doing math regurarly and not leaving most of it for the weekends, but I will work on that during next challenge :)

so I guess that's it about that challenge ...

big o' SLUT!

Wooooo! Congrats, Panczo - what an amazing challenge result! You're my hero!

stop it - you make me brush :redface-new:

So glad you didn't drop out. Look what you've been able to do. :-) Keep it up, man, and I'll see you around next challenge.

So am I :) see u as well :)

I've almost forgot: thanks to all of you guys who was supporting me all the challenge long !!! It's much easier knowing you got my back :D

oh, and "healing and chilling" wise conclusions after this challenge: chilling is going exeptionally well mostly thanks too meditation and not obsessing about my injuries. Plus I started biking to work instead of driving and that is pretty relaxing as well - I will try to keep this up but autumn is coming and that means lots of RAINS :/

HEALING-wise - my knee and elbow pains are minor - but they are still here with me. Tommorow I go to long-awaited doctor visit - hopefully I will get some wise advice how to heal them.

ps. next challenge gonna be still about healing and chilling "_

that's it.... = slut

well done Panczo.  After seeing your results I'm also glad you took the chance and did a challenge.  I think you've clearly found your winning formula and i'm sure you're going to stick to it.

A word of advice, if you're taking on such a intense meditating challenge, perhaps you should just pare the other goals down a little so that it doesn't all become too overwhelming i.e one big quests with 2 supplemental small quests. Looking forward to seeing what you do :)