• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

L0coM0tive

L0coM0tive: Challenge Thread

MAIN QUEST

1. Lose 15 lbs by 8/24. I'm the best man in a wedding.
    1. Eat out/happy hour less- only twice a week.
    2. Do something physical three times a week.
    3. Drink a lot of water every day.

SIDE QUEST

1. Life Side Quest: Take a vocal lesson.

My MOTIVATION

1. It's time to actually be who I want to be, not just think about it. This is the first step down the road less traveled.

Hey!

Great to see you have a clear main quest. Congrats on being best man! And the wedding gives you a deadline to keep your motivation strong.

I like your goals too but I wonder could they be a little clearer? Like how much counts as a "lot of water"?? Chose a definable amount like 2 litres or something so you know you have achieved it! And again, what counts as something physical? Fine to have variety of things to do but make sure to have a clear list in mind.

Hope that helps and good luck achieving your goals!

Nice goals! I thought of another one for you: write a best man's speech! One thing I love about gender roles is that the women are excused that one...

Yay for being who you actually want to be! Your goals are pretty definitive, which is a good thing :) Why do you want to take a vocal lesson?

Just something I've always wanted to do. So why not now?

Hey!

Great to see you have a clear main quest. Congrats on being best man! And the wedding gives you a deadline to keep your motivation strong.

I like your goals too but I wonder could they be a little clearer? Like how much counts as a "lot of water"?? Chose a definable amount like 2 litres or something so you know you have achieved it! And again, what counts as something physical? Fine to have variety of things to do but make sure to have a clear list in mind.

Hope that helps and good luck achieving your goals!

I'm keeping things intentionally vague- the big goals are eating/drinking out less, so I'm focusing on those things. Mostly the physical activity will be blues/fusion dancing, or bodyweight work. For water, I have a ~24oz bottle that I'm trying to fill and drink 4-5 times a day. 

Nice goals! I thought of another one for you: write a best man's speech! One thing I love about gender roles is that the women are excused that one...

Ha! Yes, I've been working on that one for a while- though I'm a weird one that likes public speaking. Also, the Maid of Honor doesn't always get off the hook...

Doing well on eating out this week, though it's tough at times. Last night especially, I got the munchies hard at around 10pm. 

Gotta get on the doing something physical. I helped someone move earlier in the week, which counts, but I should go for a run or do some body weight work in the next couple of days. I am going out of town for a wedding tomorrow, so that will be challenging as far as food and drink, but I think I can manage it. 

Still doing OK- though the out of town wedding last weekend didn't help. I think that the "well, it's a wedding!" excuse is just gonna have to go away if I want to reach my goals.

I've already gone out to eat once and happy hour'd once, so I'm down to only one of each the rest of the week, which I think I can manage considering it's already humpday.

Also- some stats.

Starting weight: 218.4

Goal weight: <200 by end, <205 by wedding (8/24)

This morning: 214

I was down under 211 before the weekend, so I think I can still get close to 205 by the wedding. I think a lot of it is water weight too, so I need to double down on drinking a lot of water so my body starts to flush that away. I have another wedding on Sunday, so I'm going to have to dig in my heels and stick to a glass of wine with dinner and that be it. 

Then dance like a madman. That counts as exercise, right? ;)

Man. The Iron doesn't lie- and I don't like what it has to say.

I started up SL 5x5 yesterday, and I have a long way to go. And some really tight hips to loosen up. 

Hello L0co- how is your week going so far?

I hope you are kicking butt all over the place and you are doing well with your goals. How is the weight loss coming along? 
Best of luck!