inspiration (sorely needed right now)

I am starting to come to terms with some health stuff that is just not fun, and trying to be happy with a different kind of epicness since it looks like this will not be the year I run ten miles or do 100 pushups. Any kind of contact sport is a huge risk because of osteopenia and my third hospitalization for pneumonia in the past year makes running look like a bad idea for the moment, and all of that is really depressing,

BUT

then I stumbled on a link to this guy and you know what? I may be down for a couple of weeks and I may have to adjust my goals and be more realitic about the difference between a goal and a daydream, but I AM NOT OUT.

I can't run a mile right now but I have a bizarre ability to walk huge distances happily and I can and will focus on that and on lifting for now. My lungs NEED to be worked to get over this round of pneumonia. I may have to buy a couple of rugs for the living room to be able to do what I think I can do (bad bad flooring and foundation problems) but that should be doable in the next couple of months and I can just be super cautious setting weights down in the meantime.

A friend visited me in the hospital who was on the return leg of a solo cross-country road trip that involved leaving her kids with her husband for a few months. The time alone was what she needed to follow her dream of writing. I have always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail but most days I spend every minute preoccupied with my family's needs. Maybe that hike needs to be added to my bucket list, and maybe it should go toward the top.

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

Sometimes you must sacrifice today in order to continue tomorrow. Walking is a great workout. Let me link you to something that if you have time is a great watch, but if not, this guy lost a ton of weight and was pure muscle by the end of his journey.

Kintaro Walks Japan Part 1

Time to climb.