Black, chrome and steel, outfitted with a cherry V8. Ready to take her driver and passengers anywhere. Seats 5-6 people:

Driver/shotgun - Wayward Son
Driver/shotgun - Laney
Navigator - Navi221
Lookout -
Weapons - Emma

Looking for more to assist in fighting evil things (like s'mores), demons (regret and poor self image), and the occasional Rougarou.

Want join up? Leave us a message here or try 785-555-0128. Ask for Dean, he can help ;)

Remember, driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cake hole.

'67 Impala

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Wayward Son on Facebook | Wayward Son on Fitbit

Weight Loss : Current weight (240lbs) Goal weight (185lbs)

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

So we're here to keep each other on track and headed to our goals. I say, like Dean would, we lay it all on the table.

Here is what I need help with:

- Giving up making excuses for not working out.

- Choosing a different road over taking the easy road, like pie; I love pie.

- Persevering.

I'm willing to brain storm ways to work on these and for you. We've gotta keep sharp and lean case any shifters show up, or god forbid... Wendigo.

People always say, "When the time is right..." or "I'm waiting for the perfect..." Guess what the right time never comes along, the perfect moment, guy, gal or opportunity will never drop into your lap. Don't wait, start now. Do what is necessary, then what's possible... and suddenly you're doing the impossible.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

Current WIP: Amidst Broken Hearts Current Word Count (16,353) Goal Word Count (75,000)

22%
22%

Welcome Emma! Glad to have you along for the ride.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

So I'm sitting here listening to Kansas with my .45 out and ready to blast to smithereens those demon infested chocolate chip cookies that my mother made. I have already eaten too many of them and I know there are more of them in the kitchen, lying in wait for me. Having a hard time with this kind of thing. Why do I want to eat those cookies even when I know they are possessed by demons and mean me no good? Any thoughts? Thanks.

How are you doing with your goals today? Did you get your workout done? I did manage to get mine done. Hey, I did something right today!

Because they taste sooooo damn good. I understand that. Even great hunters like Sam and Dean have been seduced by demons "briefly". There are some psychological tricks you can do when the demon cookies raise their heads. I've had to use these at work, that's my battle field. People bring in stuff all the time that I know will wreck my goals. Here is some of the things I've done:

- Exit the situation. This is the most evasive method. Get out,mothers are too many demons, and you can't take them on alone.

- Bottle up the demons. Lay a wicked "Devil's trap" down, put them in a container and hide them out of sight, out of mind.

- Trick the enemy. Eat one, put the rest up where they can't be seen.

- Fool them. Don't say, I shouldn't eat those... That invites shame, another demon. Try something more powerful. "I don't eat those anymore."

- Sublimation. Grab a celery stick, dip it in some peanut butter and munch on it.

- last, but certainly not least, don't beat yourself up too much. It happened, it's done. You can repent, get an extra workout in too burn them off!!

Keep it up, nothing is gonna get us down!!

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

So what is it that you both need help with in staying accountable on your goals?  I can tell you mine is food and working out, those are my two biggest ones.  I am up at 530am here in Pacific Time and have to be to work at 630am.  From there... my day gets hella busy and I don't get much time for anything until after 4pm.

Let me know what you guys need help with and we'll brain storm a way to keep each other accountable and remind each other of things.  I have no problem giving you both my contact info. :)

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

Heya! Perhaps I can lend some navigation skills? That is, after all, what what my name implies. Only... I'm prone to daydreaming and have been known to get lost even with a GPS. BUT I know I've been pretty successful staying on course and away from the detours this last week. I pledge to do my best to look after your welfare as long as Emma deals with the zombies. They distract me...

"Not all those who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien

First Challenge

I have been thinking about your question, what can you do to help us, which has been forcing me to think about what I do need in the way of help, and what I might offer to you. Still thinking, been working too hard the past couple of days, but I will respond in a day or two.

I have been keeping a food journal for a long time, but you know what? I never looked back at it afterwards. I have just recently started doing that, checking yesterdays food and thinking about what went right and wrong, and what I can change, and what I need to change. Posting on this challenge is really forcing me to do that. Would it help you, wayward son, to post exactly what you eat? It might make you think a bit before you eat it, and will help you review your choices later, when you post them. I am in the San Francisco area, also an early riser, happy to share my personal contact if that might help.

My sister is an artist and recently took on the challenge of drawing a sketch a day.

I challenge you, wayward son, to write one page a day for your novel. I am a terrible critic and editor, but I would love to be a beta reader.

Just for funs, have been thinking about putting together a demon protection kit to help me deal with those demon possessed chocolate chip cookies.

Laney, Navi221 what can we do to help you?

Emma, I was actually going to add that to the next challenge :)  If you wanted to read some of my writing you can find it here:  http://www.writerscafe.org/dhsayers/writing/

Welcome Navi!! Glad to have you on board and helping with some navigation!

So pretty much you can add me on Facebook or when I am at work my email is sayersdh@cvn76.navy.mil

We can figure out some way to help each other :)

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

Thank you, Emma.  Its a part of my life that I am taking back.  I love writing and need to continue.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

Thanks for the welcomes!!!  :pride: So, S Skywalker told me about this program she has done (and is going to do again) called Whole30. If you never heard of it, as I didn't, you can check it out here. Whole30 I bought the book, which was a really interesting read and explained a great deal of what may have been going on in my body. The 30 day plan seemed much like the elimination program from my dr, so I combined the two to help me. I added eggs, because I wasn't eating enough. I also subscribed to their daily emails because they explain what's happening and reinforce that how I feel is normal (cravings, lethargy, etc). 

I do feel better-- ultimately. After cutting out caffeine, I broke down and had a half a diet coke today, and I wasn't really interested. Believe it or not, it was too sweet. Huh? A few days ago I took the kids out and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (took off bun) and sweet potato fries (ate about 15). My tummy roiled. I know, the oil. But it was certainly an experience. 

So what can you do for me? Well, tough love? I'm used to doing everything on my own, so this is new for me. I'll keep checking in-- let me know where is better. I'm pretty hidden on Facebook, but if that's easier I can tell you my newest name. Um, I'm a high school teacher-- hopefully that explains a little about social networking. I'mm looking forward to helping you all navigate you own successes-- hah-- get it? NAVIgate? um...yea.

Hope all of your weeks are going well! 

First Challenge

Navi, thank you so much.  Coming from a teacher your praise means a great deal.  I will remember that!!

How's everyone's challenge going?

I'm doing well, hardest part is finding the time for Tai Chi and Meditation.

Wayward Son

Level 1 Barbarian Shaman

0%
0%

22%
22%

Just haven't been losing any weight. Currently out of town and not near my standard scale. Will be weighing in tomorrow.

Mainly having trouble finding plan I can stick to. No kitchen, don't like salads (I keep trying, though!) on the road a lot, like right now. Got off track on recent trip to Portland, having trouble finding my way back. Need a navigator :)

I was doing okay with fast food, the portions are the right size if you're careful with selection, and I could always find what I needed on the road, but now I feel guilty? ashamed? listening to you guys talk about whole foods and paleo and all. The portions at restaurants are too large, I don't have enough self control to put half in a box, and the food is unpredictable. The rest of my life is so variable I appreciate consistency in my meals. If there is any food in the van with me, rougarou comes out! I have been so bad about my eating for so many years that I feel I am having to relearn how to eat and portion control and self control are my biggest issues right now. How can something that should be so simple get so complicated?

Emma, you and i are very much alike. I understand completely EVERYTHING you write about. Relearning how to eat is the key-- you're right. And it's hard and it sucks and I feel like I screw it up all the time. But each meal is a new chance. The thing with programs like Whole30 and many true Paleo foods is that portion control isn't such a huge deal. Remember, I'm no dietician or scientist, just someone like you working my way through this junk. 

Let's deal with on the road first... Are there places like Subway in your orbit? Someplace with regular bread (not overly puffy etc) and simple ingredients? Go there first. Hey it worked for Jared, right? Can you go out of your way for places like Panera (if you have those by you). Do you have the calorie "law" where you are-- restaurants are supposed to post the 'average" calories per portion. I find that very helpful as well, especially when i take the kids to Mcdonalds. 

And that thing about putting half the portion in the box-- I'm with you. I can't do it. You're not alone. 

I'm going to keep thinking about this today and focus on the consistency. I'm a teacher. Many of my kids are special needs and troubled high schoolers. No day is ever the same and I'm lucky if I can get through my lessons some days wo doing some kind of drug or relationship counseling, or calming a kid down who is in suspension. I'm the queen of eating the same thing for meals each day for weeks-- people laugh at me. I know you hate salads-- but perhaps try something different ON them? lots of little oil and vinegar stores are popping up-- we have one here. I LOVE the flavors of balsamic vinegar (orange vanilla is my current fave). MAYBE purchase some really neat flavored vinegar and try that on spinach or romaine?

Pick ONE thing you can do differently in your approach to food or in terms of the food itself. Just do it. ONE THING. Baby steps. If you want, tell me what it is, and I'll check in with you. I can give you my email or my facebook for messenger or my phone # to text if you want. Think about it. 

Damn, gotta go-- stupid zombies. This one seems attracted to my orange vanilla vinegar. Crapola!!! 

First Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines