Ask a Druid! Become a Druid!

Sunmage

Rebels,

some of you know already that they will be a druid, have questions about becoming one or about druid exercises.

This is the right place for everyone to ask us any question or to post a link to your challenge thread to get some awesome support.

If you consider joining us please take a look at our recruiting thread, too.

If your question will require a longer anser please also consider opening a thread in the Yoga-meditation-Tai Chi area. This will help keeping this thread short and helpful for those with small questions!

We Guild leaders will summarize the help requests in the 2nd post. Please give a short overview of your goals!

DRUIDS: Please feel free to answer any question here!

Thanks a lot!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

I have a druid question!  I recently did a vinyasa yoga class after not doing any yoga for ~6 years and I really enjoyed it.  I definitely want to start doing more yoga, probably a couple times a week.  I noticed that a hot yoga gym in my area is offering a starter special (10 classes for $10) to try it out and I wanted to see what the general consensus about hot yoga is. 

This place does a bikram-inspired hot hatha class and a hot power vinyasa class, as well as a non-heated yin class.  One of my goals this challenge is flexibility and I'm wondering if the heat would be helpful for that.  On the other hand, I've heard mixed thoughts on the benefits/healthiness of heated yoga, so I'm kind of torn about whether to try it.  Help me druids, you're my only hope!  :playful:

Level 1 Amazon Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 2

Team #ZAP

Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1 | Epic Quest

myfitnesspal

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

I have a druid question!  I recently did a vinyasa yoga class after not doing any yoga for ~6 years and I really enjoyed it.  I definitely want to start doing more yoga, probably a couple times a week.  I noticed that a hot yoga gym in my area is offering a starter special (10 classes for $10) to try it out and I wanted to see what the general consensus about hot yoga is. 

This place does a bikram-inspired hot hatha class and a hot power vinyasa class, as well as a non-heated yin class.  One of my goals this challenge is flexibility and I'm wondering if the heat would be helpful for that.  On the other hand, I've heard mixed thoughts on the benefits/healthiness of heated yoga, so I'm kind of torn about whether to try it.  Help me druids, you're my only hope!  :playful:

Bend me Obi Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope.   Wait what?!?    The heat is exactly what you want while trying to get your body to stretch out.  It helps the tendons, ligaments, and muscles to let go ever so slightly so you loosen up better.    I am a 5-6 days a week hot power vinyasa kind of guy and I LOVE IT.   Come out feeling a little tired at first, but after a while it wakes you up and I scream for joy usually on my drive home exactly as I did when i used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes its such a rush.   Cleansed and detoxed after all that twisting of the organs and squeezing out the junk.    10 for $10 is a great deal.   I used to do $135/m for unlimited, but am switching to 10 packs to branch out to different studios as Boston is a very yoga friendly area and there are studios all over the place.  Hope to see you in the druid forums for the next challenge. :)

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

If you like it then do it. I find I feel like it is harder to breath (It is not I understand that but I feel like it is which is annoying) so I prefer none hot yoga classes. I also know that when you are all warmed up you can injure your self more easily (This is why you are told not to strech in hot tubes and saunas..) So like always in yoga dont try to be like you used to or like the person next to you. Take it easy and breath into any tight areas and relax into your poses instead of forcing yourself into them and you will do GREAT! Have fun and good luck!

Dwarf driud lvl 3Str 2 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 4 | wis 4 | cha 6

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34200-me-battles-sugar-sprites/

What I learned is: It is easier to stretch everything out. And since the resistance you are used to is not there you risk of going to far. So it is time to leave the ego at the door and go for the teacher.

I will try hot yoga soon, too!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Please get to know me, and let me know what you think! Support very welcome!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/33530-criscimaloshs-experiments-in-health/

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

This is a question about timing a tight hamstring yoga session.  I am a backpacker/hiker and yesterday I went on a 10 mile hike with a full pack.  Today I woke up extremely tight in my lower body and did a class from YogaGlo that targeted the hamstrings and calves.  I felt AWESOME afterwards.  My question is it better to do that series of yoga poses as I come off the trail (although that might get me a little to close to some seriously stinky feet), when I get home and showered (sometimes there can be up to a two hour drive) , the next day or does timing really matter at all?  Thanks for your help.   

Now that I have officially completed my first challenge successfully..

DRUIDS, I choose you! :D

Seriously though, cant wait to start the new challenge. Anyone want to inspect my goals before the challenge starts? I'm open to opinions and suggestions.

Not sure where I would post that though...

'The only Limits you have, are the ones You set for yourself'

1    2

Do you have a journal or an epic quest topic? Maybe if we know your goals/journey, we can think how to help you with the next challenge. And I think that I will use the ideas which will be given to you, because I am lost too (I always fail on my challenges because a) I expect too much or B) I don't know how to track the progress and I give up).

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

I don't have either of those. Lol

I could start an epic quest thread and post my previous challenge goals on it, so that it's easier to understand where I'm coming from.

Then post my ideas for the next challenge. Ive aleady pretty much set up my potential new challenge, but would like other people's input on it :)

Haha go ahead and use whatever ideas you want, May not be useful to you though as overall I have like 80 lbs to lose! Also I have Hypothyroidism :)

Where do I post the epic quest thread?

1    2

Sorry to post again, I found the area for epic quests. I dont know what to write in there, looking at other peoples posts, they're just too big and grand for what I had in mind to post!  I'm taking things one step at a time and my goals are very short term/ trial an error. More general goals only go up to 2-3yrs. 

I'm going to give this some thought then post my epic quest when I have something to say lol

For now though, I still want someone to have a look at my potential challenge for the 16th please.

1    2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines