Concerns about Shrinking Breasts from Exercise

I guess I'm not the only one actually hoping my breasts would get a little smaller as I get fitter. I mean, it's nice to be naturally hourglass-shaped, but going a few cup sizes down wouldn't really change my shape, but would make little things my life easier. Although I don't dare hope that'll actually happen, since I'm not expecting drastic weight loss. Or can it still happen? Can one get a less epic bewbage without dropping a lot of pounds?

I have lost over 75lbs.  I have gone from a 42/44 band to a 36, but I am the same Damn cup size DDD.  They just must not be made up of much fatty tissue.  It is why I can't get behind distance running, half a mile and my boobs are KILLING me. Smaller is not necessarily worse :)

You just need a good sports bra. I used to have issues with painful ligaments, but I can run just fine with an actually decent bra.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

I really think the medical community needs to come up with the ability to transfer boobs.  Like one girl of larger size than she wants can give to another who would like to be bigger.

I have lost over 75lbs.  I have gone from a 42/44 band to a 36, but I am the same Damn cup size DDD.  They just must not be made up of much fatty tissue.  It is why I can't get behind distance running, half a mile and my boobs are KILLING me. Smaller is not necessarily worse :)

Yes!  I'd be happy take a pair of your D's! 

I had D's when I was pregnant and I loved them.  Now they are C's but I'd rather not have them smaller.  I'm super tall and if they shrink more it's going to make me a pear instead of hourglass. 

I can absolutely see how larger sizes can be challenging, though.

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

First, I think that posture can help your bust look better no matter the size.

Also, I think a comforting breast is attractive no matter the size of the breasts, so the love of the person and the sweetness of their nature is what really makes the bust precious, in my humble opinion.

That said, I think breasts are often about charm more than size.  I myself am trying to work on posture and confidence so I can wear well what I have.  Strangely, I'm not sure if I've just transitioned to an A cup.  Am I the only one who doesn't want to go shopping after weight loss?

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.

That said, I think breasts are often about charm more than size.  I myself am trying to work on posture and confidence so I can wear well what I have.  Strangely, I'm not sure if I've just transitioned to an A cup.  Am I the only one who doesn't want to go shopping after weight loss?

You are not, though for me it's more because I hate shopping in general, I didn't really want to go shopping before I lost some weight either. Though I really could use some new jeans, mine are right on the line between 'too big but wearable with a belt' and 'so big that not even a belt will do'. Which I shouldn't complain about, but I don't currently have the funds for new jeans, so I don't really have a choice.

As for breast size, I'm quite happy mine is going down as I lose weight. I was never overly huge to begin with, and I have nothing against breasts in general, but mostly find mine annoying (at worst, usually I'm neither here nor there about the presence of my breasts), and having less is just fine by me.

I do agree that posture can make a difference to how your chest looks, I have terrible posture and when I combine my slouch with my typical t-shirt and jeans, I look flat chested (and am often mistaken for a teenage boy), but when I stand up straight there's less confusion about whether I'm a guy or a gal. Not that that bothers me, mostly it just amuses me.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

My genetics were always for the itty-bitty-titty-committee (Mother's phrase).  I was an A cup for pretty much all of high school.

Then I got the contraceptive hormone implant at uni, and jumped to a C cup.

I also gained a lot of weight though.  Mum said that hormone-based contraceptives kept her at a high-A, low-B cup, and she's always had a metabolism that stores far less fat than me (I got my metabolism from my Dad's side of the family).  So I'm not sure what mine will do.

My advice is to just learn to be happy with them.  You're allowed to be disappointed if they shrink, but in the long run, anything you do to fix them is probably going to carry more side-effects than one should really be comfortable with.  I'll be disappointed if mine reduce back to A-cup, but I'd prefer to be strong and fit than have a certain cup size.  I'll just be proud of other parts of my body, like my sick abs, or shapely butt.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

push up bras are cheaper than the pain and hassle of being over weight. I'd rather just buy cute underwear that is easily accessible. 

I hate "post weight loss shopping" only because I just bought new clothes and I hate spending money on shit I already own that doesn't remotely fit. 

• Like 1

I absolutely push buying new clothes or underthings off for as long as humanly possible!!!

I hate buying clothes only to buy new clothes a month later.  My husband always gets made at me because I own 1 pair of jeans a lot of the time. I just don't want to spend the money, time, and tears to find more that fit :)

Also I may have had one of my work skirts literally fall off the other week. Luckily nobody was around, but I think that is the signal that I have waited as long as possible for new clothes shopping.  0_o

It's guaranteed results and absolutely no side affects other than maybe an influx of asshole problems. 

LMAO!!

Hello Gwen - I wouldn't worry too much about it. I went from 44DD to 36C after losing 125 lbs. Still not too bad, but yea - push ups help. =)

Also, make sure you've got a good, sturdy sports bra on when you're exercising.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

grumble, whine, moan. Finally went out and bought smaller bras. They fit great, and I was happy. Then I have been working on losing those last stubborn inches off my waist. Measured my waist, small decrease. Put on bra, it is now too big. Really?! :nightmare: I so need a magic wand that I can wave and lose only in the spots I want to.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

My band size seems to be shrinking as I work out but the actual breast tissue isn't. I'm at about a 32-34 in band and a 41 in the bust. Feel free to take some. I've given up finding regular bras. Time to start ordering online.

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.

grumble, whine, moan. Finally went out and bought smaller bras. They fit great, and I was happy. Then I have been working on losing those last stubborn inches off my waist. Measured my waist, small decrease. Put on bra, it is now too big. Really?! :nightmare: I so need a magic wand that I can wave and lose only in the spots I want to.

My favourite bra is now too big for me :(  Waist is decreasing also, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not going to be getting much use out of that last round of bras anymore...

(I tell a lie - my favourite bra is my sports bra ... of which kind I have three because they're so comfortable.  But the one that's too small was my going out, makes-the-bewbs-look-good-under-a-pretty-shirt bra)

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

My band size seems to be shrinking as I work out but the actual breast tissue isn't. I'm at about a 32-34 in band and a 41 in the bust. Feel free to take some. I've given up finding regular bras. Time to start ordering online.

It always seems to work that people who want to decrease in size don't and those who don't want to. The Murphy's Law of Breast size I guess ;) 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Shrink boobs shrink! LOL! I will glady give some of mine away if you want it. LOL.

Agreed. Boobs are gross. I happen to think the wide hips/bubbly ass (toned!)/small boobs look is more attractive than an hourglass. And almost all the guys I've dated are "ass guys", so they either don't care about boobs or like them to be smaller.

Agreed. Boobs are gross. I happen to think the wide hips/bubbly ass (toned!)/small boobs look is more attractive than an hourglass. And almost all the guys I've dated are "ass guys", so they either don't care about boobs or like them to be smaller.

Could we maybe try to avoid denigrating certain body shapes? There's nothing wrong with preferring certain body types to others, but it's possible to do that without calling those other shapes gross, and there's more than enough shaming of female bodies out in the world without adding to it here.

• Like 2

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

This has been something I have mixed feelings about.  Pre-working out I had a fluctuating 34C/D (got to love hormones).  Now, I'm a steady 34B/C, definitely leaning B, and while I love that there are no more fluctuations, I am not so thrilled at losing the cup size.  My SO still loves them, but it is a noticeable difference.  I love working out but the vain part of me is hoping they don't disappear completely...  although at the very least I will have a reason to put my vs black card back to good use!

KTravToTheMax - Level 2 Wandering Elf

STR4 | DEX2 | STA2 | CON| WIS| CHA1 

6-Week Challenges: 11/11-12/22, 1/6-2/17

Fitness Logs: Fitocracy

“And all dared to brave unknown terrors, to do mighty deeds, to boldly

split infinitives that no man had split before--and thus was the Empire forged.†

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy