RPG Fanatics Guild

Evicious! We'll definitely miss you, take care of yerself in the big world :) See you in the next challenge, maybe?

Poika saunoo! My brother used to listen to it all the time! It was a song made for ice hockey league or something, I think. How did you find it? : D

@ Ensi--Yes that's a pug in my picture.  I have 2 pugs--the tan one in the picture is named Chuck and I have an all black one named Frank.  They're the best dogs in the world!  They're silly, goofy, dumb (in a good way), and all around amazing dogs.  They mostly sleep, snore, fart, and sneeze but they're lovable and adorable!  If you're looking for a very active dog, a pug would be a bad choice--but if you want a couch snuggle buddy, you can't go wrong with a pug! 

Yes, this is everything I've ever wanted from a dog. ;__; I study literature and there's a lot of reading to do, so I'm afraid that taking a very active dog wouldn't be wise. My apartment isn't that big, either.

SO!  Mini-challenge is up this week.  Green Eggs and Ham. Try a few foods you never had / retry foods that you didn't like.

Pre-paleo me hated: peanuts, walnuts, red onion, sweet potato, hummus, almond milk/ice cream, soy ice cream, iced tea, plums, pluots, and about 10 other things.  I love those things now so I'm thinking of retrying fish (which I 've hated forever) and I'll try bok choy because I love chinese food so why the heck not?  I'm going to use some parchment paper and steam it together.  I've looked at a few recipes and I'm going to keep it basic. 

Hm, I need to think about this one... There are only few foods that I truly dislike :D

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Ensi- I was doing a search for videogame music (donkey kong country 2), which led to some zelda music, and then 10-hour versions of songs, then a 10 hour version of saunoo.  I have no idea what any word is, but I did my warhammer training yesterday to it.

Poika, "a boy" in Finnish, is the name of the trophy. The title means "Poika goes to sauna", which means that the Finnish team that wins the trophy gets to take it home and to sauna with them. (And that's as Finnish as it gets.) :D

How is everyone doing with their challenges? I'm sorry I've been a bit inactive, but I've studied for the exam that's gonna begin in 90 minutes... Argh! Nevertheless, I've kept to the diet pretty well. I almost gave up a couple of days ago, because making food just got so overwhelming. Instead of giving up, I decided to especially concentrate on the diet, you know, put some more energy into it. I got over it, and I'm doing pretty well :) I'll go jogging later today, that'll be the second workout this week (I did a kettlebell workout on Wednesday).

Now i'm leaving for the exam... Wish me luck, eep!

GL on the exam!  I find I lack motivation to even start cooking.  Once I have it all planned out, I try and make it a challenge (The quiches are baking right now so I should put on the boiling water for the sausages and then I can swap the quiches for my spaghetti squash in about 10 minutes...)   Doesn't help that I hate dishes with passion.

As for how I'm doing, I've finally got the food situation under control.  Chicken breast is cooking in the crockpot; I'll be going to whole foods in an hour to take some of thier green containers to store my chicken salad; and when my g/f comes home she will have a package of sausages that I'll be cooking up.  The other 2 packs of meat have been defrosting for almost 2 days so they should be all set when I do the bulk of cooking in about 2 hours.

Good luck, Ensi!

I'm not liking the lack of time I'm having to get to posts. :( Even trying to hit them at the end of the day isn't working so great!

I get individual posts, buuuuut, I don't come read them when I get them, or I'd never get any work done, haha.

How do you all handle keeping up with the forums?

Level 3 Adventurer with her eyes set on becoming an Assassin.

STR 7 DEX 5  +  STA 3  +  CON 5  +  WIS 7  +  CHA 6

Current Challenge! | Member of RPG Fanatics!

Thanks everyone, I think I passed both exams! :D There's another one coming in 8 days, so I'm gonna keep studying hard... After that I'll have two weeks off and I can just chill and read all the books that are calling for me from the bookshelf :)

This is the end of the third week, so we're halfway through the challenge! How is everyone doing? There is this strange feeling that I've had for a couple of days, and I think I realised it today: cooking healthy foods and avoiding sweets is becoming a habit. I have tried some new recipes and I keep vegetables in the fridge in case I feel like snacking. I still have some trouble with getting rid of dairy, but today I stopped drinking coffee and replaced it with green tea. Coffee is the main reason I drink milk, so getting rid of that would be a big step on my non-dairy road.

I've had a couple of inactive days here on NF, and it's just because there has been a lot going on, exams and stuff :) Getting back here now fully, three weeks to go!

Well, right now I'm reading Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger. My friend recommended it for me, and it has been funny this far! It's about three women, who decide to make changes in their lives... and that's as much as I can tell, since I'm only 45 pages in :D It's in English, which is a plus, since I'm no longer required to study English at school and I would like to maintain and improve my English. I also love to read all sorts of non-fiction, from magazines to science books. I just found a big geology text book from the library (Earth by Tarbuck and Lutgens), which I'm going to dig in. Earth as a planed is very interesting, and knowing more will help me to create a world for my comic. :) And for the exam I'm reading some general linguistics and Finnish grammar. I love it, it's very interesting: today I've read about languages and how they go extinct.

I also bought Magic Tales by Brothers Grimm. I've always wanted to read the original fairy tales that everyone always talks about while discussing Disney films, so here I go :D I read Snowwhite already, which was a lot grimmer... And oh. I only now realised that Brothers Grimm... grim. For Finnish stuff I'm reading Sade (The Rain), a comic book by Ville Ranta. He's the most famous Finnish comic book artist at the moment (I think), and well, I like reading them. I've met him a couple of times while I was studying comics, too!

But for now I'm going to keep studying a little further. I just had a tuna salad and later I'm going to draw something and watch Due Date on Netflix. Gotta love sassy Robert Downey Jr. :DD Also, has anyone here seen Orange is the New Black? I love that series, I really do. It's brilliant.

Hi all, just wanted to drop in and say - firstly - I still read y'all's Challenge Threads in my random moments of freedom and congrats to everyone on keeping at it!

Secondly, I wanted to let everyone know that I still haven't left the states yet, even though I was told I would be flying out 2 days ago. I don't even have orders yet (official paperwork moving me from here to AFG)! So I'm pretty much on standby just waiting for the Army to get with the program and make a decision whether they really want me to go or if it was just somebody higher up's knee-jerk reaction.

Strength to you all! I'll keep in touch as I can.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Nice to hear from you, Evicious! Have you been trying to meet the goals of your challenge during this time? Just asking, I understand if it's too overwhelming, considering you're going to AFG and all :) Take care, hopefully we'll hear from you again!

terosx, this week's challenge could actually be pretty good for me... My working table is 90 % of stuff and 10 % of working space. :D I might just organize that for my challenge...! I'll see what I can do. Congrats for not needing to declutter, you know!

Hi all, just wanted to drop in and say - firstly - I still read y'all's Challenge Threads in my random moments of freedom and congrats to everyone on keeping at it!

Secondly, I wanted to let everyone know that I still haven't left the states yet, even though I was told I would be flying out 2 days ago. I don't even have orders yet (official paperwork moving me from here to AFG)! So I'm pretty much on standby just waiting for the Army to get with the program and make a decision whether they really want me to go or if it was just somebody higher up's knee-jerk reaction.

Strength to you all! I'll keep in touch as I can.

Uuuugh. I remember when my husband found out he wasn't going to be heading to Kuwait with his unit. Then, one week before they were all leaving, they decided he was going. Have you found anything out yet??

yay!

Ok, so mini-challenge this week is decluttering.  I'm usually pretty good about this stuff so nothing sprang to mind.  Not sure if I can do this one.  How about everyone else?

With everything else, I will honestly not have time for this mini challenge either!

Uuuugh. I remember when my husband found out he wasn't going to be heading to Kuwait with his unit. Then, one week before they were all leaving, they decided he was going. Have you found anything out yet??

With everything else, I will honestly not have time for this mini challenge either!

Haven't heard anything yet, I'm still on standby. And Ensi, I'm sad to say it but, no, I haven't been keeping up on my Challenge goals. Just too many things to juggle right now.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Hi EccoGamer! :)

What's everyone been up to?

I made some amazing progress this week, weight-wise. Dropped about 6 pounds after deciding to monitor my carb intake and limit it to 100 grams a day. I had been keeping track of protein, but not carbs. Lots of healthy changes being made that go beyond the scope of my original goals, and it's pretty freakin' sweet!

I keep having smal slipups.  My cheat meal ends up extending a bit too much since there are 'leftovers'.  I've been reading up on the whole 30 and I'm debating doing that.  Also, I finished cutting, sanding, priming, and painting the planks for my desk project.  Going to get some nails and particleboard this week and hopefully I'll be done by the end of this week.

Hi everyone! I apologize for being silent for a while, but it's been an exhausting week :D I've been chasing my goals, though, and now everything is OK. My studies start again next week, which is kind of exciting... They will take a lot of time, but I'll come here whenever I get the chance.

Well done with your weightloss, tamzilla! It's a good idea to check you're not having too many of dem carbs :D

terosx, leftovers are pretty difficult to resist. How about you pack the leftovers and put them in the fridge before eating the actual meal? That way the leftovers won't be on the kitchen table, screaming "eat me!"? I also tidied my desk up, but there isn't much to show. Having a tidy desk makes the dusting easier, too...

I'll be looking for those pics! ;)

Thanks, Ensi! :D It's been going SO WELL!

Question for all of you:

What are you favorite sources of quick protein? I do eggs, nuts, leftovers and such, but thought I'd poke you all for ideas!

I tendto just have tons of protein already planned ou tin my meals, but I was having my own little bags of trail mix if I needed an extra boost.  I would get some craisens, walnuts, banana chips, and peanuts and put them in ziploc bags.  After the post on the site about snacking, I decided to opt out though; so I just have plenty of extra for my other meals. 

Gonna have to think about what I'm eating this week though- chicken salad and thor stew ran out yesterday. =/ 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines