• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Arilian Princess

Great Big NF Meet up?

So ChrisJRenshaw and I were talking and we came up with a brilliant idea. And I'd like to see if there was any interest in it.

In the spring of 2015, would there be any body interested in participating in a Marathon somewhere in the world? A holiday, NF meet up and a marathon together?

We could have NF events and family events for those that wish to bring their families. I've done an international meet up in the past and thought it was great fun, I would love to do another one. Of course it wouldn't be expected for us all to finish the race at the same time, you could run or walk it but we'd be there to support each other along the way.

London Marathon

Disney World Marathon

Berlin Marathon

New York Marathon

Paris Marathon

There are so many marathons out there, I thought it would be a great meet up opportunity for us!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Arilian Princess

Marathons in the States Poll

http://poll.pollcode.com/25952

International Marathons Poll
http://poll.pollcode.com/25435

^^ This! Love to! Give me the time and the place and I'll be all over it! Berlin or Paris would be cool - but honestly - I'd love to make it across the pond too - literally anywhere in the world would be brilliant*!

* Apart from the north pole. Running in snow shoes doesn't sound like fun.

* Apart from the north pole. Running in snow shoes doesn't sound like fun.

Actually snow shoes are great fun to run in, it's also one heck of a work out. You literally fly across the snow.

Once I have about the interest of 30 or so people, and several recomendations I will set up a poll and which ever marathon gets the most votes from the people here will decide where we go. Does that work?

Sounds like great stuff!! And here's another suggestion: Tokyo Marathon, Hawaii Marathon...

The Tokyo one is fun, lots of cosplay...

And I have to wonder why not Triathlon? Or half-Triathlon? XD

That's my thought,

alright I will do some research of different marathons and when they are, and put together a list. If there is any you would like to see added, add them in a comment. :)

Of course this is two years from now so I will be doing months as to when the marathons are. I will also throw in a couple of half marathons incase they have more interest. :)

sounds good I if its in the us I'm up for it but couldn't do the airfare for across the pond I wish I could Germany or France would really be cool and wife would not fight me on ether. the two option sounds like a plan,

the Disney may work they run a lot of promos for groups it might bring the cost down depending on the numbers coming. 

This sounds like a really cool idea, for motivation as well, can tell myself i only get to go on holiday if I'm fit enough in two years to run a marathon. Scary idea as i Barely leave the house, but I can't ignore all of Steves cool posts about his travels despite his fears. I'd be in.

There is a run in Detroit (I think it's a marathon) where you run Detroit, through the Detroit-Windsor tunnel (which takes you under the Detroit river and into Windsor, Ontario, Canada), in Windsor, then back to Detroit.

How many runs are there that involve two countries and an underwater border crossing?