• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Arilian Princess

Great Big NF Meet up?

great! I am just realizing that at least one of these have a prequalifier so I will have to pull it. :( and check on the others. I was going to add Boston but it's got the same problem. So time to tackle the list again and I will check in on the international ones before I set up a poll.

Quick over view of each race!  Blurbs taken from each website, they say it better than I do!

Detroit Freepress  -

Our marathon course offers international appeal, traversing both downtown Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, crossing the border at both the Ambassador Bridge and Detroit-Windsor Tunnel. You will run through historic neighborhoods, around beautiful Belle Isle, and along the spectacular RiverWalk. The shared start-finish area on W. Fort St. at Second Ave., near Detroit Free Press operations, has enabled organizers to combine resources and improve runner and spectator experiences alike.

Honolulu -

The Honolulu Marathon starts on Ala Moana Boulevard, which in Hawaiian means "path by the ocean." This phrase is an appropriate description for the entire race course.

Rock N Roll- Arizona -

Check out the course that tours through the three host cities of Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe!

Walt Disney World -

The course takes you through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, starting at Epcot®, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios before an exhilarating finish back at Epcot®

Flying Pig Marathon -

Thought you would race a marathon when pigs flew? Well here's your chance. Considered the friendliest marathon to run.

New York Marathon -

NEEDS A QUALIFING marathon before entry. I missed this. :(

when is the detroit 2014 one?? I am at work and skimmed and didn't see it...

(kinda in a time crunch)

also... should retract my previous vote because I can't do a prequalifier...

International Marathons (again discriptions from the webpages)

Paris Marathon -

The Schneider Electric Paris Marathon is today one of the five biggest in the world (along with New-York, London, Berlin and Chicago), not only in terms of the field present, but also by the performances accomplished, the services and logistics put in place and the media coverage.

Vancouver Marathon -

Ranked a Top 10 Destination Marathon by Forbes for its stunning beauty and scenic route, ranked “most exotic†marathon by CNN, the BMO Vancouver Marathon leads runners on a 42.2 kilometre (26.2 miles) journey through parks, neighbourhoods and bustling city streets. Enjoy the fresh-air alongside natural beaches and breathe a sense of wonder at the backdrop of surrounding mountains.

Athens Marathon -

Legend has it that, when the battle was won, the Athenian messenger Phidippides ran twenty-four miles to Athens, carrying news of that stunning victory. The modern marathon commemorates this feat.

Sparkasse 3 Marathon -

The marathon starts from the beautiful Island of Lindau -habour, then passes through the Austrian towns Lochau, Bregenz, Hard, Höchst, it then crosses the Swiss border at St. Margreten and continues across the Rheindamm back to Hard and finally finishes in Bregenz.

Berlin Marathon -

The marathon party is lasting 26 miles with one million spectators lining the course through the German capital. This is a marathon classic through a city with a thrilling history, a sightseeing tour in sneakers.

London marathon has prequalifiers so it's not part of the list.

when is the detroit 2014 one?? I am at work and skimmed and didn't see it...

(kinda in a time crunch)

also... should retract my previous vote because I can't do a prequalifier...

Detroit is in October, so that should be lots of time.

And I will make note of your change in vote and nix it. I'm pretty sure you can vote more than once as long as you are on a different computer, so this is to give me an idea of how many people are interested in which so we can get as many people as possible attending.

My vote goes to Athens. Seriously guys.. It's literally the home of marathons!

I seem to be the only European one so if we end up stateside, I too would be up for Disney land!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

My vote goes to Athens. Seriously guys.. It's literally the home of marathons!

I seem to be the only European one so if we end up stateside, I too would be up for Disney land!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Noop, i am european too and Greece sound awesome !!! can we dress like Spartans ?

No...... not naked, the 300 version one !

I start growing the beard :P

europe sounds awesome... and I have plans to get htere eventually... but we are four and it would be spensive and I have a long term goal to buy a house in 4 years so I don't think it would be prudent

I'm aiming for two, one on each side of the pond. So people can attend one or the other, or both. :) It will be the incentive I need to get training for a marathon. Even if you only walk the marathon but yeah they are all cool but the home of the marathons has some interesting history.

And if you don't want to run the marathon, I'm not opposed to you joining the events. We will have several 'events' - supper, group activies, and lots of free time for groups of people to explore on their own or in smaller groups. As for the marathon, cheerleaders are always welcome!

One foot in front of the other.  Keep the end in sight and you'll do great.  You'll feel so good when you finish.  Let us know how it goes.  

I'm almost there. ... I restarted my program in Aug. .. I could run 1 min. ... last time I went out I ran (sloth slow but I ran) two consecutive miles :) you all will absolutely know when I finish I couldn't do it without NF support!

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me