Brad's First NF Challange, Not my first Rodeo!

Hey fellow fitness nerds!

My name actually is Brad, I'm originally from Michigan and have struggled with obesity up until the end of High school.

I'm 23 now and in far better shape than I used to be.

Example- " Dude did you wrestle in college? You look like a beast!"

No I was fat. 250lbs. at 5'7"

I liked Anime. Shit, still do. 

I hated jocks. Shit, still do.

Decided, "Hey I wanna join the Military."

You're too fat.

Damn.

I'll show you.

Lost 100lbs.

Put on 30lbs. of muscle

Military.

Navy specifically.

Now my wife and I are in Mississississississississippi

Let's cut to the chase!

Main Quest:

Do my first ever lift meet Oct. 26th

Side Quests:

1)Beat my PR's in this lift meet

Current PR's

Squat-405lbs

Dead- 505lbs

Bench-275lbs

2) Do not get Absorbed by this Powerlifting Diet

4850 Calories a day

3)Keep my endurance I have worked so hard for nearly 3 years to achieve.

I became an advid running losing the weight. Putting the healthy weight on has made me very sluggish.

4)Score outstanding on this next PRT.

This will be my second one in the Navy and I was just a few seconds behind on my run last time.

Life Quest:

I'm new to the "Husband" title. My goal is to do anything and everything to show my wife that I Love her more than anything and that her Hubby is all that is man and more. 

P.S.- Someone help me with the rpg aspect because I'm lost and would love to be apart of it.

LVL: 0 Berserker

"How can a strong person  be defeated except by someone who is stronger?" -Jesus

Current Challenge- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/35121-first-nf-challange-not-my-first-rodeo/

Hey!

I like this. Right to the point.  Also, damn. Dem caloriez.

oh, and dem PRz.  Nice.  I look forward to seeing what you do here. 

The RPG stuff:

Check out these posts.

One

Two

But it appears that they're asking to wait until challenge 2 before getting started in all the RPG stuff... that's new!  Either way, good reading. 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

First, WELCOME!!

Second, I hated jocks too, lol!

Third, lost 100 & put on 30???!!!! That is simply awesome!

Fourth, that whole thing about your wife... awwwww, I think your my new favorite person. She's lucky!

Lastly, not an expert but would be glad to help on the rpg if I can- give me your questions. :peaceful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Hey!

I like this. Right to the point.  Also, damn. Dem caloriez.

oh, and dem PRz.  Nice.  I look forward to seeing what you do here. 

The RPG stuff:

Check out these posts.

One

Two

But it appears that they're asking to wait until challenge 2 before getting started in all the RPG stuff... that's new!  Either way, good reading. 

1) Thank you! I have put in alot of heart and lost alot just to get here.

2) I also would love to offer my knowledge from my journey with weight loss to all who will take it.

First, WELCOME!!

Second, I hated jocks too, lol!

Third, lost 100 & put on 30???!!!! That is simply awesome!

Fourth, that whole thing about your wife... awwwww, I think your my new favorite person. She's lucky!

Lastly, not an expert but would be glad to help on the rpg if I can- give me your questions. :peaceful:

Thank you as well!

And yes...she is lucky, isn't she? lmao

RPG question- I'm just not good with the math. Actually I'm ok just have a short attention span...How do the points work?

"How can a strong person  be defeated except by someone who is stronger?" -Jesus

Current Challenge- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/35121-first-nf-challange-not-my-first-rodeo/

Hey, unfortunately the points aren't something I have gotten down either as newbies were not allowed to join a guild. You have to complete 1 challenge first. Sooooo, I haven't done that part.

Also, I would love to hear any advice you might wish to impart. I most certainly bow in respect to the person who has already achieved such an outstanding goal, lol! Also, you are seriously funny!!

Gonna be mighty interested in watching your progress- consider me a lurker! :playful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I'll be lurking as well.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Well if the Great Whey Wizard is lurking I best keep ya'll updated.

Since this week was kind of a crummy one with training and diet alike, ( recently found out I'm extremely sensative to the fire ant sting) I'll start with today.

MON- Deadlift and Deadlift Lockout Work

0430- Hit the gym running, literally.

All geared toward the Lockout work. Shakira's hips may not lie but mine tell me when they need improvement.

30m Sprints 2 sets 6 reps 2 minute rest between reps and a miserable head call between sets.

5x5 seated box jumps (Seat is just below my parallel right where i want my squat at, pause 2-3 seconds, jump to an 3 foot box? It's just above the naval for me.)

1x8 110lbs. glute bridge to hip thrusts

1x8 135lbs. "                                      "

2x8 225lbs. "                                      "

1330-1430?- Back to the gyme for about 2 hours to just do deads. No max just deadlift untill the bar stops coming up.

I'll try to update every day for this week so that you all have the jist of my program.

Then I'll update when time permits.

image.png

I alway said I could be a Jock

They would say, " You're too fat to play!" (Way back when)

Then I would say " Idk it was easy enough to get into your mom's N-zone!"

....That was when I became a true warrior... and fought for my life against the majority of the Varsity football team...

Dang, now I feel like I'm doing this......(lol)

tumblr_m71f2yrz481rvnnmgo1_500_zps2b6b25

Awesome work!!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Bar stop it coming up on the 2nd set of 455lbs.

I gonna start blaming it on these crap belts here at the gym.

My last one busted after i had already purchased one for the wife so no belt for me. ah well.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Swim in the morning, then max bench and tricep focus in the pm

The wife grabbed our swimm gear but left my jammer in it's drying spot so no swim tis morning.

Running has become very difficult for me on account of the weight gains so steady cardio was the next best thing for this morning.

(I continue to get a new fire ant sting every weekend it seems so as soon as one is gone I have this new mass of swollen appendenge.

So benadryl before I go to bed means poorly hydrated body in the morning.)

So whilst on the circut bike I was browsing the forums and found a 6 week burpee challange.

Individuals picked a set number of burpees to do every day and the highest was 100.... so I opted to do 150.

It sucked but finished them this morning under 30 mins. (used to have to do that many straight! Do miss the endurance but did not miss the pain.)

So if I do this everyday and complete it, do I gain points?!

because that would be hella cool...yeah

No, the only thing you get points from are challenges and official mini-challenges or whatever we're called them now. (sidequests?).

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

1) Thank you! I have put in alot of heart and lost alot just to get here.

2) I also would love to offer my knowledge from my journey with weight loss to all who will take it.

Thank you as well!

And yes...she is lucky, isn't she? lmao

RPG question- I'm just not good with the math. Actually I'm ok just have a short attention span...How do the points work?

Yes! Your knowledge will be super helpful here :) I'm sure there are new folks already benefiting from it.

Dang, now I feel like I'm doing this......(lol)

tumblr_m71f2yrz481rvnnmgo1_500_zps2b6b25

Awesome work!!!

lmao, this is great!

Plus how do I make the url something smaller like idk what that's called embedding?

I hate computers.

google-skynet.png

How do you make pictures smaller, you mean?  I don't think you can via url... though I've never tried.  :P

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Yes! Your knowledge will be super helpful here :) I'm sure there are new folks already benefiting from it.

lmao, this is great!

How do you make pictures smaller, you mean?  I don't think you can via url... though I've never tried.  :tongue:

Like the links in my signature. how do I make them say other things

Type the thing, highlight, then click the chain icon in the tools part of the post and paste the link in there.

500 / 330 / 625

Type the thing, highlight, then click the chain icon in the tools part of the post and paste the link in there.

Ah yes, this.

If only we could have pictures in our sigs...

I added your name to the title of your challenge, it's a rule.

500 / 330 / 625

Bad news, I no longer can afford my lift meet. I just got a rescue puppy from a bording home that lie aboit her having vaccinations. stupid me never thought to.get.paper work. My poor pup has parvo and round eorm literally up the ass and her vet bill is a grand. My wife has shunned me for what I'm a hoping to be just today on account of the outrageous vet bill we can't. afford. so I need to recover from this before I can put everything. into training...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines